A Green Beret get's it right about Kaepernick

Definitely one of my favorite stories of the year.

It really is okay to listen to each other and change our minds on stuff.
Your favorite stories?
Weird.
BTW, one former Green Beret saying Kaepernick is okay isn't a reflection of Special Forces mentality.
He's more likely the exception rather than the rule.
I already identified the most logical reason he feels this way, and it kind of blows the premise of this thread out of the water.

No one is "judging them for standing up for what they believe in".

We are judging them on what they are doing, ie demonstrating anti-Americanism.

The vet in the OP, is just a fool suckered by a false narrative.

Your favorite stories?
Weird.
BTW, one former Green Beret saying Kaepernick is okay isn't a reflection of Special Forces mentality.
I already identified the most logical reason he feels this way, and it kind of blows the premise of this thread out of the water.
Yes, I don't like the rule - obediently following a simplistic partisan ideology like a trained seal, afraid and/or unable to formulate the slightest understanding of, or appreciation for, the thoughts and opinions who may dare to disagree.

So this is definitely one exception that I support and advocate.

Your favorite stories?
Weird.
Yes, I don't like the rule - obediently following a simplistic partisan ideology like a trained seal, afraid and/or unable to formulate the slightest understanding of, or appreciation for, the thoughts and opinions who may dare to disagree.

That was a pretty negative way to spin that. NOthing mudwhistle said, gave you any reason to say that about the Special Forces group.

Your favorite stories?
Weird.

That was a pretty negative way to spin that. NOthing mudwhistle said, gave you any reason to say that about the Special Forces group.
My deepest apologies.

I know, anyone who disagrees has been suckered or is evil. I know the routine that both ends follow.

I made a supporting argument for that conclusion, which you cut.

To make it look like I was just dismissing anyone who disagreed with me.

I am surprised to see you use such a tactic.

And disappointed.

I know, anyone who disagrees has been suckered or is evil. I know the routine that both ends follow.

And disappointed.
My deepest apologies.

Your favorite stories?
Weird.

My deepest apologies.

Don't apologize. Try to be less dismissive of people you don't agree with. Try to have an open mind.

And disappointed.
My deepest apologies.

Accepted.

My point stands.

Since when is having the freedom to choice as opposed to being FORCED to hail a banner anti-Americanism?

Your favorite stories?
Weird.

Sorry, but I think this guy is simply giving in to peer pressure.

Just because he wants to stay friends with his former NFL team mates, doesn't mean he is doing anything that is worth admiring.

Being on an A Team means you'll be working with some of the most dedicated and patriotic individuals in the Army. My politics are slightly left of center whereas most of them are right of Ted Cruz. The most hated person in the Special Forces community is Jane Fonda. Right now Colin Kaepernick is right up there with her. I'm much more open minded about it and even I can see Kaepernick for what he is. After he turned down offers to play from a number of teams he showed his character, or lack of character. He would be a cancer on any team now. That's why he isn't playing. I don't support players that think more about themselves than they do their team mates. He doesn't want to play and teams agree that he shouldn't play if he doesn't want to.

Last edited:
Nate Boyer ex Green Beret says about Kaepernick - he is an example of an open mind not a small closed mind.
"I'm not judging you for standing up for what you believe in," Boyer wrote. "It's your inalienable right. What you are doing takes a lot of courage, and I'd be lying if I said I knew what it was like to walk around in your shoes. I've never had to deal with prejudice because of the color of my skin, and for me to say I can relate to what you've gone through is as ignorant as someone who's never been in a combat zone telling me they understand what it's like to go to war."
He closed by promising to keep listening, with an open mind, about the protests.

"I look forward to the day you're once again inspired to stand during our national anthem," he wrote. "I'll be standing right there next to you. Keep on trying ... De Oppresso Liber."
Pretty strange.
He only served 6 years. I spent almost that amount of time on a team alone. It took me 7 years just to qualify to be considered for selection. I guess he was one of those Green Beret babies that never had to go through earning SGT stripes before qualifying. I noticed one of his pictures that he was wearing a 1st Group Flash on his beret.
Course....most guys on the teams would probably pack his shit and dump it outside of the teamroom and change the locks, essentially kicking him off the team for siding with Kaepernick.
Stolen valor?

Your favorite stories?
Weird.

Sorry, but I think this guy is simply giving in to peer pressure.

Just because he wants to stay friends with his former team mates, doesn't mean he is doing anything that is worth admiring.

Being on an A Team means you'll be working with some of the most dedicated and patriotic individuals in the Army. My politics are slightly left of center whereas most of them are right of Ted Cruz. The most hated person in the Special Forces community is Jane Fonda. Right now Colin Kaepernick is right up there with her. I'm much more open minded about it and even I can see Kaepernick for what he is. After he turned down offers to play from a number of teams he showed his character. He would be a cancer on any team now. That's why he isn't playing. I don't support players that think more about themselves than they do their team mates. He doesn't want to play and teams agree that he shouldn't play if he doesn't want to.
Colin Kaepernick WAS locker room cancer

Last edited:
It doesn't take much for trumpanzees to denigrate our vets, does it?

The irony of these people saying that Kap is disrespecting Vets, then attack every vet that does not agree with them is sweet. Shame they are not smart enough to see it
Vets can be assholes too.
And any Vet that agrees with Kaepernick is highly suspect.
That's like a cop agreeing with him....it just doesn't make any sense.
I have never experienced combat, if you were making a statement about combat and I said you were wrong, I would be talking out my ass.
He is saying he never experienced racism so he will leave open any judgement that a person who experienced racism is making about racism.
If you knelt during the national anthem you would be disrespecting America.
Kaepernick says that is not his intention. He is making a statement on racism. Realize he is coming from a different place than you.
Lol
You and Colin Kaepernick have no idea what real racism is… So shut the fuck up

Multiple deployments as a Green Beret. Google him
I did. He's got a Bronze Star....and these days all you need to get one of those is be involved in a firefight.
Same goes with the CIB.
Why would you diminish the service of a fellow Green Beret. Did you receive a Bronze Star.
The problem we had with Bronze Stars while I was in 5th Group is they were a dime a dozen. Example: Everyone in my team should have gotten one during Desert Storm, because we were Scud hunting.....but because the personnel clerks were giving themselves Bronze Stars for crossing the berm, the Colonel cut them off and instead gave out ARCOMs. We were put in for Air Medals and they were disapproved because we had to be assigned to an airwing. Finally my team got Bronze Stars for being in a Firefight in Mogadishu. And it was BS. Nothing to brag about. We had one guy get a Silver Star for fighting and killing 5 al Qaeda fighters. A few Purple Hearts. But all you needed to do to get a Bronze Star was get shot at and return fire. When it came to awards, our Detachment Commander got all of the awards because he was an officer, while we did all of the work. So I don't put much stock in medals.
Bronze stars are dime a dozen???? :71: Bronze Star Medal - Wikipedia
You do understand what meritorious service means, right?
Obviously not

It doesn't take much for trumpanzees to denigrate our vets, does it?

The irony of these people saying that Kap is disrespecting Vets, then attack every vet that does not agree with them is sweet. Shame they are not smart enough to see it
Nobody claims he’s disrespectful to Vets, shitforbrains. He’s disrespectful to our nation.

Forum List

Back