a great defense of infrastructure spending

• Banned
"9. Judicious regulations for the inspection of manufactured commodities.
This is not among the least important of the means by which the prosperity of manufactures may be promoted. It is, indeed, {255} in many cases, one of the most essential. Contributing to prevent frauds upon consumers at home, and exporters to foreign countries; to improve the quality, and preserve the character of the national manufactures… "

do you agree with this?

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2008/12/17

So what?

Taxation is a form of theft. The government has no capital of its own to improve, provide or maintain infrastructure. It first must extract it from individuals under the use of force/violence for compliance. Which makes government nothing more than organized crime.

Lets paint a quick picture. lets say that TM wants to take my ball, but i do not want her too. But, she will give it back with "improvements" by painting gold stars on it. I dont like gold stars, but if i do not give her my ball, she will not only take the ball, but also my shirt and shoes.

Is that theft, even if she plans to paint stars on my ball and give it back?

That is not a defense of infrastructure spending, that is an attempt to defend protectionist policies using an 18th century point of view where it was impossible to talk your neighbor without taking an hour out of your day, never mind dealing with the ability to get something from China to your house within 24 hours.

In other words, it is one idiot using an outdated worldview to justify trade wars.

So what?

Taxation is a form of theft.

I love when Cons say this. When you ask them what they want they say less taxes.

If someone was being stolen from, would they ask for the stealing to stop or be reduced?

This is how you know the Cons are like jilted women. They just say whatever comes to mind it doesn't have to make sense

So what?

Taxation is a form of theft.

I love when Cons say this. When you ask them what they want they say less taxes.

If someone was being stolen from, would they ask for the stealing to stop or be reduced?

This is how you know the Cons are like jilted women. They just say whatever comes to mind it doesn't have to make sense

I'm not a "con", you ignorant partisan boob. This thread is going to turn into the intellectually bankrupt crowd, I can see.

sure you are.

your ideas line right up with them

You can call yourself whatever you like.

Your ideas are con

Zero fucks given, TM. ZERO.

Hamilton was a statist just like you. Who fucking cares if a guy 200 + years dead agrees with you? Are you mental? Dont answer that, it's rhetorical.

Hamilton's big mouth got him shot and his political views led to the Civil War.

He is the spiritual father of the farce known as modern liberalism.

There is no reason to defend infrastructure projects. They work. Period.

No other industry puts more people back to work faster than the construction industry.

Forum List

Back