A good argument for a living wage.

I will never understand why conservatives believe it's just fine for those at the top to make millions and pay very little if not zero taxes on it but conservatives believe that it's very wrong for everyone else to earn a living wage.

If those at the top can make more money than god, everyone else should be able to earn a living wage.

No matter what the job is.

Unintended consequences brought to you by conservatives and their corporate partners.

View attachment 542101

That's not whats happening. The govt is giving these freeloaders taxpayer money and they're taking it like the parasites that they are. Every opening I'm seeing is offering 15-20 dollars an hour. Has nothing to do with wages.

I will never understand why conservatives believe it's just fine for those at the top to make millions and pay very little if not zero taxes on it but conservatives believe that it's very wrong for everyone else to earn a living wage.

If those at the top can make more money than god, everyone else should be able to earn a living wage.

I will never understand why conservatives believe it's just fine for those at the top to make millions and pay very little if not zero taxes on it

What a steaming pantload (except the part about you never understanding)

1632233241913.png

That's not whats happening. The govt is giving these freeloaders taxpayer money and they're taking it like the parasites that they are. Every opening I'm seeing is offering 15-20 dollars an hour. Has nothing to do with wages.
Pretty clever of those Dems to get wages up without raising the minimum wage.

Unintended consequences brought to you by conservatives and their corporate partners.

View attachment 542101

I don't believe this quite accurately assesses the situation because even the "better jobs" are not being filled. Not to mention the fact that stimulus checks and eviction moratoriums are what precipitated the labor shortage in the first place. Not to mention another fact that the so called "stimulus" checks haven't stimulated a goddamn thing.

No one is entitled to a "living wage", no one is entitled to earn more than their position is worth and no one is entitled to not have to struggle, spend frugally or scrimp and save to make ends meet until they get the training, education and recognition to move up.

Living the style of life you want is a choice, not an entitlement.

Its not about people making money, dumbass. If you ACTUALLY read arguments, its govt control.
Thats USUALLY the problem, DESPITE you cultists CONSTANT lying and propaganda.

Customers decide if a job is worth a lot of money or not. Why do you think Lebron James makes millions playing a game while Joe Schmo makes 20K sweeping floors?

Literally, an employer can decide to pay his floor sweepers big bucks, but then his customers have to agree to pay his higher prices and I don't see that happening.

Of course they would have to charge $50 for a whopper, and then the employees couldn't afford to buy them leading you of the CCP and your moron democrat slaves to demand even higher wages.

For the Americans here;

Dollars are fiat currency, they are a marker which has value only because of the faith placed in the dollar. There is no intrinsic value to paper currency.

The VALUE of wrapping a hamburger in wax paper doesn't change because one adds more dollars. All that happens is that the dollars are worth less - they represent less value.

The CCP and their democrat lackeys like this because it erodes the wealth of the middle class. A man works his whole life and in his 50's get to a nice $200K salary - he's made it. BUT along come the fascists and pump up the costs of everything by devaluing currency and suddenly that once comfortable wage is no longer meaningful, a whopper costs $50 bucks after all. This is how the left destroys the bourgeoisie, the middle class.

Remember, the goal of Communism is a 1% elite ruling impoverished slaves with an iron fist.
You support it.

March 3, 2018
U.S. President Donald Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping Saturday after the ruling Communist party announced it was eliminating the two-term limit for the presidency, paving the way for Xi to serve indefinitely.

“He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida.
“And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday,” Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters.

Trump praises a communist.
Trump's cult praises communism.

I said no such thing. Don't project.
I thought crepitus's point was that if Burger King can't find staff to stay open, they'll have to raise wages. That's not a bad thing. It's called "a market." But conversely, if their burgers get so expensive there's less demand, then "the King" may just have to be open from 11-7 or something.

You are correct. Then the best should be hired and employed with it. And that is the quandry. You just saw 4 people who are adventurists launched into space at an expensive and much cheaper way then the government does. By a billionaire from a billionaire. I do not see the praised village inspired government doing the same.

I thought crepitus's point was that if Burger King can't find staff to stay open, they'll have to raise wages. That's not a bad thing. It's called "a market." But conversely, if their burgers get so expensive there's less demand, then "the King" may just have to be open from 11-7 or something.
And that would be a nice way to make a clear statement.

Every business has to find the balance between cost and price that results in the highest profit. And yes, a labor market like this is great for workers explicitly because they are in demand. The reason why they are in demand, however, is not necessarily a positive one, because it's not so much about a rising economy as a declining work force.

Forum List

Back