A Fulfillment of Prophecy?

Every good prophet knows to write about subjects well studied and keep the predictions vague.

Vague predictions and political bitching does not a prophet make.

*yawn*​

Show me a republican who predicted a second Obama term and I'll show you a true American prophet.

O'Reilly did

Good for him. A real prophet will tell it like it is in spite of personal feelings on the matter. Has he said anything about Obamacare succeeding?

I don't know. Last time I watched him was in January.

I wonder what Arnold thinks?

Of course, I've heard Schwarzenegger referred to as a consummate RINO, so I'm not sure he even counts...

Every good prophet knows to write about subjects well studied and keep the predictions vague.

Vague predictions and political bitching does not a prophet make.

*yawn*​

Show me a republican who predicted a second Obama term and I'll show you a true American prophet.

Schwarzenegger

And now put those same quotations back into their full context and tell me that there is anything vague about them.

Innocent until proven guilty, Kiddo.

It's up to you to put up the specific predictions that came true.

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Obama Will Win Re-Election in 2012 - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

What predictions?

That a person expresses an opinion about somebody that proves to be prophetic is not the same thing as a prediction. Even the prophets of the Bible didn't make predictions. They made statements.

Now if you disagree with Sowell's opinion on these things, make your best case for why you disagree with them. Meanwhile some of the rest of us will continue to discuss why those essays were prophetic.

I wonder what Arnold thinks?

Of course, I've heard Schwarzenegger referred to as a consummate RINO, so I'm not sure he even counts...

Arnold has more problems than obamacare on his plate :lol:

predicting obama's win in 2012 was very far form being a prophecy.
For anybody savvy enough in covering the political campaigns it was absolutely obvious that Romney will lose exactly because of his boring, unappealing, very old-fashioned campaign.
Plus even the outsider knows that in order to unseat the president currently in the WH one has to have a lot more charisma than Romney did.
Plus the LSM covering every obama lie did not help at all.

It was obvious from the beginning of September that obama will win

1. Yes, I encourage all to search the scriptures for how Our Lord would want us to live our lives.

2. No, the ACA is not crumbling before anyone's eyes: to suggest such is hyperbolic demagoguery.

3. I admire you in so many ways, but I am very careful when you start talking religion and American narrative, Foxfyre.

4. So you will not rail on about derailing your thread, I will leave it at this.

Think, folks.

1. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

2. Tell that to the millions of people who've lost their insurance due to the ACA, to suggest that the ACA is actually working is willful ignorance.

3. Perhaps you should keep quiet then, Jake. All you're looking for here is to pick a fight with her.

4. Perhaps you should stop spouting propaganda before you lecture anyone on 'thinking.'

Yes, I encourage all to search the scriptures for how Our Lord would want us to live our lives.

No, the ACA is not crumbling before anyone's eyes: to suggest such is hyperbolic demagoguery.

I admire you in so many ways, but I am very careful when you start talking religion and American narrative, Foxfyre.

So you will not rail on about derailing your thread, I will leave it at this.

Think, folks.

Exactly.

As for ‘prophecy’ and ‘scriptures,’ theists are at liberty of course to believe whatever they wish, provided they don’t attempt to codify those beliefs.

And those free from faith are also at liberty to reject the ridiculous notion of ‘prophecy,’ that it has any ‘bearing’ on current events, and continue to correctly and appropriately ignore the partisan nonsense expressed by Thomas Sowell and his ilk.

Funny, I bet you were one of those millions of people in 2008 worshiping at Obama's feet.

HOOOOPE! CHAAAANGE! YESSS WEEEE CAAAAN!

Ugh, spare me. And if you think the ACA is so good, I'm wondering if you two have tried to sign up for it yet? If not, you can keep quiet.

Look at all the ODS cultists here, all so devoted to their mantras.

The good thing about boards like this is that it keeps the kooks off the streets and away from normal people.

The bad thing is that it shields the kooks from normal people, so that there's nobody around to inform them that they sound like lunatics.

That's my job. I have to stage these interventions, and let the ODS cult know that most of world considers them to be stupid and crazy.

Look at all the ODS cultists here, all so devoted to their mantras.

The good thing about boards like this is that it keeps the kooks off the streets and away from normal people.

The bad thing is that it shields the kooks from normal people, so that there's nobody around to inform them that they sound like lunatics.

That's my job. I have to stage these interventions, and let the ODS cult know that most of world considers them to be stupid and crazy.

you are honest in your self-critique. I like it :lol:

And yet here CClaytonJones and Mammooth are wading right on in pretty much right on schedule. If the discussion is not interesting to you, could I suggest another forum?

If you don't like the subject matter, why don't you just unsubscribe?

If you are offended by the topic, please register a complaint with the Administration.

Otherwise, would you be please afford us the courtesy--you leftists are supposed to be the cultured, smart, intelligent, refined, respectful ones remember?--to continue a discusson on a topic that is interesting to some?

Thank you so much.

Last edited:
For anybody savvy enough in covering the political campaigns it was absolutely obvious that Romney will lose exactly because of his boring, unappealing, very old-fashioned campaign.
Plus even the outsider knows that in order to unseat the president currently in the WH one has to have a lot more charisma than Romney did.

I don't know if it was obvious, but I think most of us who were following the campaign closely knew it was at least a possibility. Principle, fiscal responsibility, honor, respect, competence, values, integrity, etc. too often pale against the allure of free stuff and faith in flat out lies. I think most of us did have hope that the American people would regain their sanity, but after the early returns started coming in, I knew.

I don't think Romney was that bad a candidate--we would certainly be far better off already if he had been elected--but you are right that he just didn't make hearts go pitter pat like a Ronald Reagan did.

But let's get back to the prophetic concepts that seem to have come true day by day since Obama was first inaugerated.

AvgJoe objects to some of Thomas Sowell's observations. Let's look at one of those.

Does anybody here believe we got the Barack Obama that campaigned for the job in 2008? Or did we get something very different than that candidate?

I don't know if it was obvious, but I think most of us who were following the campaign closely knew it was at least a possibility. Principle, fiscal responsibility, honor, respect, competence, values, integrity, etc. too often pale against the allure of free stuff and faith in flat out lies. I think most of us did have hope that the American people would regain their sanity, but after the early returns started coming in, I knew.

I don't think Romney was that bad a candidate--we would certainly be far better off already if he had been elected--but you are right that he just didn't make hearts go pitter pat like a Ronald Reagan did.

But let's get back to the prophetic concepts that seem to have come true day by day since Obama was first inaugurated.

AvgJoe objects to some of Thomas Sowell's observations. Let's look at one of those.

Does anybody here believe we got the Barack Obama that campaigned for the job in 2008? Or did we get something very different than that candidate?

You know what I see here? People are setting the bar entirely too high. They set themselves up for disappointment each and every time they do. Comparing a candidate to the greatness of Reagan is just asking for trouble. It leads to lack of turnout due to the fact that their candidate isn't a good or better than Reagan was.

And as to your question, the simple answer is no. Obama said one thing but did another. We got a totally inept and woefully malinformed president, with a side of corruption to boot. He campaigned on hope and change but dashed all hope and offered no change.

I find it foreboding if not prophetic, when Obama on October 30, 2008 said this:

"We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America."

If only we knew then what we knew now.

Last edited:
And yet here CClaytonJones and Mammooth are wading right on in pretty much right on schedule. If the discussion is not interesting to you, could I suggest another forum?

But it is interesting. Mental illness and cult behavior is fascinating.

And if you're that ashamed of your words, you shouldn't have put them out in the politics folder and solicited comments. If you want uninterrupted religious talk, take it to the religious folder. This is politics, and the political results of your crazy prophecy ranting is an on-topic discussion.

Last edited:
In all honesty, this thread is not intended to bash Obama, but is intended to be a heads up and encouragement to think about what those in government intend as opposed to what they say.

President Obama is watching his signature legislation crumble before his eyes. And he is a man of sufficient ego, he won't go down without a fight. So if you're paying attention, he is already trying to divert attention away from Obamacare and toward other initiatives that he hopes will save his legacy. Two issues at the top of his list are Immigration Reform and Environmental Controls.

How much more of our libertiy are the people willing to put on the line to save his legacy?

This ego is a rightwing meme and nothing more.

Apparently people are willing to put a lot on the line..obamacare evil...nsa wiretapping..meh I rather drink my coffee..that basically sums up this whole situation. So in closing fuck your bible, fuck your moronic theory, but enjoy the patting on the back by like minded people.
You do know, don't you, that much of Western civilization is based on the Bible?

In all honesty, this thread is not intended to bash Obama, but is intended to be a heads up and encouragement to think about what those in government intend as opposed to what they say.

President Obama is watching his signature legislation crumble before his eyes. And he is a man of sufficient ego, he won't go down without a fight. So if you're paying attention, he is already trying to divert attention away from Obamacare and toward other initiatives that he hopes will save his legacy. Two issues at the top of his list are Immigration Reform and Environmental Controls.

How much more of our libertiy are the people willing to put on the line to save his legacy?

This ego is a rightwing meme and nothing more.

Apparently people are willing to put a lot on the line..obamacare evil...nsa wiretapping..meh I rather drink my coffee..that basically sums up this whole situation. So in closing fuck your bible, fuck your moronic theory, but enjoy the patting on the back by like minded people.
You do know, don't you, that much of Western civilization is based on the Bible?

And even if it wasn't, the analogy still works. The leftists are soooooo predictable.

They don't like the topic
They don't like the source
They are incapable of focusing on a concept

So we have the usual predictable characters show up to attack me, to attack Sowell, to attack Republicans, to attack Bush, to attack conservatives using all manner of ad hominem, straw men, red herrings, and personal insults to do it to make sure that no discussion will take place on the topic.

And the inescapable truth remains. Every single one of those essays that Sowell wrote back in 2008 has proved to hold water as straight on truth. And not a one of the leftists has made the slightest attempt to disprove that.

Last edited:

But let's get back to the prophetic concepts that seem to have come true day by day since Obama was first inaugerated.

Oh, don't get me wrong - I agree with you completely on Romney and our lost possibilities.

What I was just pointing out is the predicting obama win in an atmosphere of 2012 was not even close to being prophetic, just analysis.
After that fat bitch Crowley so shamelessly lied to cover her idol - it was obvious, they will drag him to the victory.

the win was mostly secured by LSM and their lies.

the lesson #1 from that campaign - forget fair.
If you spread the most blatant LIE on your opponent FIRST - that is what will get you the win.
The story about the guy duping dimocrap voters to vote for him - a TP conservative - is the best proof of the tactic.

Everything else will fail.

But it is interesting. Mental illness and cult behavior is fascinating.
Indeed.

Jamie Foxx Calls Obama 'Our Lord And Savior' At Soul Train Awards, Causes Furor Among Christians (VIDEO)

"We have an amazing story to tell," she said. "This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."

-- Michelle Obama

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."

-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."

--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."

-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"

-- Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"

-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."

-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"

-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."

-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"

-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."

-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"

-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."
-- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."

-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."

-- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom . . . [He is] the man for this time."

-- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."

-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."

-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."

-- Oprah Winfrey

“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan."

-- Bill Rush

Oh, don't get me wrong - I agree with you completely on Romney and our lost possibilities.

What I was just pointing out is the predicting obama win in an atmosphere of 2012 was not even close to being prophetic, just analysis.
After that fat bitch Crowley so shamelessly lied to cover her idol - it was obvious, they will drag him to the victory.

the win was mostly secured by LSM and their lies.

the lesson #1 from that campaign - forget fair.
If you spread the most blatant LIE on your opponent FIRST - that is what will get you the win.
The story about the guy duping dimocrap voters to vote for him - a TP conservative - is the best proof of the tactic.

Everything else will fail.

Perhaps. Unless sensible people can refocus on principles and values and start dealing with real substance as Sowell did in those essays, we will continue to too often vote the worst person into office. In my opinion the ONLY reason that Obama won in 2008 was because he was not opposed in getting his message out, however disingenuous it actually was. There simply were not enough Thomas Sowells digging for the truth out there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back