A felon can be president. Who knew?! Trump need not worry?

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
So I'm reading a book called Guilty as Sin by Ed Klein and I come to page 92.

Here's what it says about Hitlery running for president against Trump in 2015, and how her husband Bill was affected by the campaign in light of the charges against her involving carelessness in handling govt records (etc):

"[Bill's] lawyers addressed a troubling statement made by Michael Mukasey...
[AG under W Bush]. Mukasey... declare[ed] that if Hillary were convicted under 18 US Code S 2071--the federal law forbidding the concealment or destruction of documents, [a].. a felony--she would be ineligible to become president...

Bill's legal experts disagreed because the Constitution sets the qualifications for the office of the president and the Constitution does not mention 18 US Code S 2071.

Mukasey withdrew his claim... "

Hmmmm... :45:

Here's what it says about Hitlery running for president against Trump in 2015, and how her husband Bill was affected by the campaign in light of the charges against her involving carelessness in handling govt records (etc):

"[Bill's] lawyers addressed a troubling statement made by Michael Mukasey... [AG under W Bush]. Mukasey... declare[ed] that if Hillary were convicted under 18 US Code S 2071--the federal law forbidding the concealment or destruction of documents, [a].. a felony--she would be ineligible to become president...

Bill's legal experts disagreed because the Constitution sets the qualifications for the office of the president and the Constitution does not mention 18 US Code S 2071.

Yes a felon can be president

Yes a felon can be president
Part of me was blown away by this seeming injustice or error made by the writers / signers of the US Constitution.

But then I thought to myself: Why shouldn't a felon be allowed to be president (?) when you have political enemies trying to make their political opponents ... felons?!

I say we don't amend that part of the Constitution

Part of me was blown away by this seeming injustice or error made by the writers / signers of the US Constitution.

But then I thought to myself: Why shouldn't a felon be allowed to be president (?) when you have political enemies trying to make their political opponents ... felons?!

I say we don't amend that part of the Constitution
The founders wanted the people to decide

"[Bill's] lawyers addressed a troubling statement made by Michael Mukasey... [AG under W Bush]. Mukasey... declare[ed] that if Hillary were convicted under 18 US Code S 2071--the federal law forbidding the concealment or destruction of documents, [a].. a felony--she would be ineligible to become president...

both partys are corrupt and one in the same,thats why felons are ALWAYS selected for us as potus. trump is not part of that corrupt two party system hense the witchhunt for him by the demonrats and rinos.

both partys are corrupt and one in the same,thats why felons are ALWAYS selected for us as potus. trump is not part of that corrupt two party system hense the witchhunt for him by the demonrats and rinos.
yeh, makes sense

Everyone who has ever attained to the office of the presidency has.. uh... skeletons in the old closet

some like those of Potato are not discovered until it is too late. Where are the oppo researchers when you need them?

then I think of how the gummit contacted big tech and said to stand down when the info on the laptop comes down

:banghead:

Apparently not.
I am so relieved.

All the dims' work to destroy Trump seems to be for nought

all because of our lovely Founders and how they wrote the Constitution. And we all know how the dims just LOVE adhering to it, don't we?!

Treason:

Under U.S. Code Title 18, the penalty is death, or not less than five years' imprisonment (with a minimum fine of $10,000, if not sentenced to death). Any person convicted of treason against the United States also forfeits the right to hold public office in the United States.

18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection​

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

Forum List

Back