A feel good story: local kid makes it all the way to the NFL.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Levi Wallace is just a great kid. He played J.V. ball with my son about 10 years ago. He was more of a track guy at first, but developed into a strong Varsity player later in his High School career. You can't teach speed and Levi is FAST! And not a mean bone in his body either but what a talent! He has a decent high school career but is not offered any scholarships. So he says "No biggee I'll just walk on at Alabama". What? Uh, hey Levi maybe go for a lower tier school? Nope. Alabama. And as football fans know, he not only made the team but became one of the best CBs at Alabama and figured big in their latest National Championship. You can't do that without being really fast, really talented and really smart. And of course put in a heck of a lot of hard work.

So naturally he becomes an undrafted free agent since he is basically football's version of Rodney Dangerfield. No respect. No biggee. He gets picked up by the Buffalo Bills and put on the practice squad. He gets injured, gets cut, but then they bring him back. Fast forward. He will be entering his 3rd year in the Pros and is currently a starting CB for the Bills.

The reason I'm writing this is I just heard that the Bills signed Josh Norman who is a veteran CB and is probably expected to push Wallace out of the starting lineup. I watched Josh Norman play for the Redskins. My money is on Levi.

Levi Wallace is just a great kid. He played J.V. ball with my son about 10 years ago. He was more of a track guy at first, but developed into a strong Varsity player later in his High School career. You can't teach speed and Levi is FAST! And not a mean bone in his body either but what a talent! He has a decent high school career but is not offered any scholarships. So he says "No biggee I'll just walk on at Alabama". What? Uh, hey Levi maybe go for a lower tier school? Nope. Alabama. And as football fans know, he not only made the team but became one of the best CBs at Alabama and figured big in their latest National Championship. You can't do that without being really fast, really talented and really smart. And of course put in a heck of a lot of hard work.

So naturally he becomes an undrafted free agent since he is basically football's version of Rodney Dangerfield. No respect. No biggee. He gets picked up by the Buffalo Bills and put on the practice squad. He gets injured, gets cut, but then they bring him back. Fast forward. He will be entering his 3rd year in the Pros and is currently a starting CB for the Bills.

The reason I'm writing this is I just heard that the Bills signed Josh Norman who is a veteran CB and is probably expected to push Wallace out of the starting lineup. I watched Josh Norman play for the Redskins. My money is on Levi.

Nice story. Thanks for the post, Mike.

Certainly good for your community to have a local kid make it. In our area we have a retired pro-bowler with 3 sons in the NFL so it is a little more commonplace for us.

Unless he's local to you, OP, I don't see how this is some fantastical story.
You ARE an idiot, Marky Mark. Please go troll on another thread if you have nothing of worth to post here. Just dreadful.
He obviously didn't even bother to read the first couple sentences before he dropped his dookee.

Certainly good for your community to have a local kid make it. In our area we have a retired pro-bowler with 3 sons in the NFL so it is a little more commonplace for us.

Sounds like the Edmunds family, quite the football DNA going there!

Unless he's local to you, OP, I don't see how this is some fantastical story.
You ARE an idiot, Marky Mark. Please go troll on another thread if you have nothing of worth to post here. Just dreadful.
He obviously didn't even bother to read the first couple sentences before he dropped his dookee.
Yep. Marky Mark not only has the skin color of dookie (If what he posts about his ethnicity IS true.), but appears to have a cranium full of dookie, as well. Just dreadful.

Sounds like the Edmunds family, quite the football DNA going there!

Exactly who I am talking about. We have others though who have played pro sports of one type or the other. I know a couple old NBA players who played a few seasons , some odds at ends people who have played in the NFL, etc. We don't produce people who makes pros as readily as we used to though once they started the no pass, no play rules back in the 80's or whenever it was.

Forum List

Back