A f@$king father took the f$$king wife and kids f@$king fishing

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
I went fishing this morning at a local fishing hole that is open to the public. I was fishing for carp, so I had my rods baited and cast out. Sometimes it can be more than a hour before a carp bites, so I was patiently waiting. Meanwhile two couples and their kids come along and fish approximately twenty to thirty feet from me. There were at least 6 kids that I estimate to range from about 5 to 12 years old.
The kids were really loud, but that was okay. Kids need to have fun. What I found somewhat disturbing was one of the men was also quite loud. He seemed unable to say a complete sentence without dropping the F bomb.
"Watch what you are F-ing doing. Shut the F up. F this and F that. It seemed like every third word he said was a variation of the word F@$k.

His kids seemed rather unaffected by their father's cussing. I was almost expecting to hear the children to drop the F bomb, but I never did.

It wasn't that the guy cussed infront of his children that I found disturbing, it was tha. He was doing so in public around complete strangers and his children. I would be very embarrassed if my parents ever acted that way in public. I use the word "disturbing" rather than "offending" because I personally was not offended, but I know many people who would be.

I rarely use profanity. I have no need to do do, even if I hit my thumb with a hammer. (I will simply make a scream of pain.)

What do you think about the cussing dad? Does he need to filter his language, or is it okay to let the F-bombs fly no matter who may be within earshot?

The dad sounds like an obnoxious asshole. I almost got in a fight with an obnoxious guy one time on a fishing trip with my son. There was this guy being a jerk at the boat ramp. It was "fuck this" and "fuck that". I finally said something to him and we got into it. There was a lot of bad noise but no violence broke out, primarily because I did not want to get that way in front of my son. It was bad enough that I was in a shouting match in this asshole's face in front of my son, and it only got that far because I have a short fuse. I do, however, exercise decorum.

I am in your side here. If the guy wants to act like a dick in front of the kids, then that is his business. But in public and in front of other people's kid he needs to act with more discretion.

The dad sounds like an obnoxious asshole. I almost got in a fight with an obnoxious guy one time on a fishing trip with my son. There was this guy being a jerk at the boat ramp. It was "fuck this" and "fuck that". I finally said something to him and we got into it. There was a lot of bad noise but no violence broke out, primarily because I did not want to get that way in front of my son. It was bad enough that I was in a shouting match in this asshole's face in front of my son, and it only got that far because I have a short fuse. I do, however, exercise decorum.

I am in your side here. If the guy wants to act like a dick in front of the kids, then that is his business. But in public and in front of other people's kid he needs to act with more discretion.
It crossed my mind to respectfully ask him to tone down the language, but I suspected it would result in the opposite effect.

I went fishing this morning at a local fishing hole that is open to the public. I was fishing for carp, so I had my rods baited and cast out. Sometimes it can be more than a hour before a carp bites, so I was patiently waiting. Meanwhile two couples and their kids come along and fish approximately twenty to thirty feet from me. There were at least 6 kids that I estimate to range from about 5 to 12 years old.
The kids were really loud, but that was okay. Kids need to have fun. What I found somewhat disturbing was one of the men was also quite loud. He seemed unable to say a complete sentence without dropping the F bomb.
"Watch what you are F-ing doing. Shut the F up. F this and F that. It seemed like every third word he said was a variation of the word F@$k.

His kids seemed rather unaffected by their father's cussing. I was almost expecting to hear the children to drop the F bomb, but I never did.

It wasn't that the guy cussed infront of his children that I found disturbing, it was tha. He was doing so in public around complete strangers and his children. I would be very embarrassed if my parents ever acted that way in public. I use the word "disturbing" rather than "offending" because I personally was not offended, but I know many people who would be.

I rarely use profanity. I have no need to do do, even if I hit my thumb with a hammer. (I will simply make a scream of pain.)

What do you think about the cussing dad? Does he need to filter his language, or is it okay to let the F-bombs fly no matter who may be within earshot?

A dyslexic guy hit his thumb with a hammer and shrieked, "THIS!"

I gotta ask...who the fuck fishes for carp intentionally unless they are bow fishing for sport?

It crossed my mind to respectfully ask him to tone down the language, but I suspected it would result in the opposite effect.
Yeah, it very well could of. The altercation I spoke of was a mistake in hindsight, I think. It seemed like the right thing to do, but putting your young son in a position where he may have to stand there and watch daddy kicking the shit out of some guy... That would have been bad. Likewise, if you confront a loud, obnoxious asshole in front of his family then you are just asking for a fight. What's the point? We are 12 years old anymore.

i figure who gives a fuck. It's not my fucking problem so I keep my fucking trap shut. Try it. It's fuckin' great !

I gotta ask...who the fuck fishes for carp intentionally unless they are bow fishing for sport?
I was thinking the same thing. We consider them trash fish.

Carp are really fun to catch. A ten pound carp puts up a really good fight and is much more common than a ten pound bass. In otherwords i was fishing for carp because they are probably the biggest and most powerful fish in the water i was fishing. There might be some catfish that are bigger, but they can often be caught on the same bait as carp.

Last edited:

i figure who gives a fuck. It's not my fucking problem so I keep my fucking trap shut. Try it. It's fuckin' great !
That's exactly what I did.

By the way, do you use the same language with children? Does it make you feel powerful to say fuck? I think its a form of compensating.

Carp are really fun to catch. A ten pound carp puts up a really good fight and is much more common than a ten pound bass. In otherwords i was fishing for carp because they are probably the biggest and most powerful fish in the water i was fishing. There might be some catfish that are bigger, but they can often be caught on the same bait as carp.
Were you using moss for bait?

Were you using moss for bait?
No

Every time I've caught a carp it was an accident.
They do have some pull kinda like a redfish...or a cinder block.

Turtles are like the cinder blocks. A turtle will get hooked on the line and just sit there.

Turtles are like the cinder blocks. A turtle will get hooked on the line and just sit there.

Stingrays are even worse.
They stick to the bottom and bury themselves in the sand.
You pull the line as tight as you can get it and strum it like a guitar string,for whatever reason the rays dont like it and they'll come up.

It depends on my mood as to whether or not I would say something. My kids are grown, so that isn't an issue for me any longer.

As for carp fishing, it can be fun. They do fight like a beast, which is why I go fishing. If you are fishing from the bank, the typical fish you catch (crappie,bream,bass,perch ect) are usually in close and are landed in a few minutes. Carp give you more fight for your time. Catfish do even more. My biggest catfish took me 20 minutes or so to land.

i guess that is what i got out of the story as well

--LOL

Forum List

Back