A&E dealing with death threats. Brilliant.

"Gay gestapo", "homosexual mafia" - you Christians/conservatives sure are some whiny bitches, aren't you?
Nahhhhh... just givin' the whiny bitches in the Gay Gestapo a long-overdue taste of its own medicine, methinks. Gratifying, isn't it?
wink_smile.gif

Last edited:
I'd like to add I've been forever grateful our televison networks have been private-sector entities, much more free than they were in my youth. Back then there was one phone company and three TV networks. These companies have to toe the line about what we want and don't want to see. State television in the rest of the world couldn't care less what their citizens want to see.

And then there's PBS which is our version of state-sponsored TV posing as a neutral. Baloney. Since Barry sneaked into the WH, that network has swung so far left it's ridiculous. They praise the ACA night after night on their supposed "news hour". They continue to claim "global warming" is about to drown us despite massive evidence it's a scam intended to deindustrialize the US. And there is no counter-balance to the stalinist crap Bill Moyers puts out. Hopefully the next president will defund them and let's see what they present as a commercial enterprise. Romney thought that would be a good idea, but his timing was terrible and the MSM reported it as Mittens wanting to ax Big Bird. That's how they fight change....claiming they're only looking out for the "chilllllldren". Yech.

PBS SHOULD be defunded. PBS is no more "public" than the other networks..
The shows are all funded by corporate foundations and the stations solicit donations. Plus the system is taxpayer supported. All PBS editorial slant is far left.
The one issue that is incredibly galling is that cable and satellite providers are required to carry PBS AND must pay the retransmission fees. Nonsense.

Interesting that you don't know who funds "Nova", one of the science shows on PBS.

Got news for you..................if they're so far left, then why are the Koch brothers put on the credits as being one of their largest funders?

Actually, you may benefit from going to Wikipedia and seeing who funds the science shows like Nova on PBS. Most of them are the big corporations.

But then again...................PBS is about as public as the Florida State University when it comes to the Koch brothers...................

Billionaire's role in hiring decisions at Florida State University raises questions | Tampa Bay Times

I'd like to add I've been forever grateful our televison networks have been private-sector entities, much more free than they were in my youth. Back then there was one phone company and three TV networks. These companies have to toe the line about what we want and don't want to see. State television in the rest of the world couldn't care less what their citizens want to see.

And then there's PBS which is our version of state-sponsored TV posing as a neutral. Baloney. Since Barry sneaked into the WH, that network has swung so far left it's ridiculous. They praise the ACA night after night on their supposed "news hour". They continue to claim "global warming" is about to drown us despite massive evidence it's a scam intended to deindustrialize the US. And there is no counter-balance to the stalinist crap Bill Moyers puts out. Hopefully the next president will defund them and let's see what they present as a commercial enterprise. Romney thought that would be a good idea, but his timing was terrible and the MSM reported it as Mittens wanting to ax Big Bird. That's how they fight change....claiming they're only looking out for the "chilllllldren". Yech.

The shows are all funded by corporate foundations and the stations solicit donations. Plus the system is taxpayer supported. All PBS editorial slant is far left.
The one issue that is incredibly galling is that cable and satellite providers are required to carry PBS AND must pay the retransmission fees. Nonsense.

Interesting that you don't know who funds "Nova", one of the science shows on PBS.

Got news for you..................if they're so far left, then why are the Koch brothers put on the credits as being one of their largest funders?

Actually, you may benefit from going to Wikipedia and seeing who funds the science shows like Nova on PBS. Most of them are the big corporations.

But then again...................PBS is about as public as the Florida State University when it comes to the Koch brothers...................

Billionaire's role in hiring decisions at Florida State University raises questions | Tampa Bay Times

:lol: The usual paranoia about the Koch brothers and a useless story about FSU. So if the Nova viewers are outraged the younger Koch directs some money at Nova (a show I never mentioned), wouldn't that send a signal to a normal viewer that those viewers are happy with Nova's poitical stand (ie the gorebal warming scam) and don't want Koch OR HIS MONEY involved?

What you stalinists never seem to admit is because your side politicizes everything you touch, doesn't mean Tea Party supporters do. In fact, nobody from Nova has ever said anything about the Koch brothers influencing that show's content or political stance that I can find. Why would a show like Nova have a political stance in the first place? Because science is poiitics to the weasels on the left....something to steer into propaganda. False claims and no rebuttals and smug, sneering accusations that the right is stupid and can't be trusted.

Now that the majority of the gorebal warming baloney has been long-discredited and now laughed at, PBS maintains the political stance that facts no longer matter. NASA will no longer put it's name on the garbage they tried and failed to get away with when commercial satellites showed a doubling of the Arctic ice fields in the last year. The placement of heat sensors near metal roofs, near asphalt, in direct sunlight....all part of the scam to dummy up the data for the carbon-credit crowd. The earth was warmer during the Roman Empire you mutt.. Pitiful. Give it up.

Last edited:
Quick question........................did anyone ever think that A and E might be fanning the flames of this bullshit to get better ratings?

And...................did anyone ever consider that the reason they threw this redneck bigot under the bus is because they wanted to have a controversy?

And................lastly......................did anyone ever consider that A and E hired the duck dynasty crew for a reality show simply because they knew one of the ignorant rednecks would say something stupid (like has currently happened) so they could get better ratings, even if the headlines were negative?

That theory has been presented, yes.
One thing about show business....There is no such thing as 'bad' publicity.
Look at how Miley Cyrus' career is being handled. And that little punk Justin Bieber...
They each do fucked up stuff. And their names are out in the public arena....

It's only because of the low morals of the entertainment industry.

And just enough idiots to buy into their shit.

December is a bad month, indeed. The world is crazy and the USA is hurtin' pretty bad. I am sick of the duck stuff, myself. We need some uplifting threads. I am a libra and I'm all lopsided lately so my arm scales need to be balanced out.

And about GLAAD. I think their name is kind of an oxymoron. Sorta. It just doesn't fit, lol.

I'm a Libra too.

I have a balanced approach to this issue.

Gays don't deserve to be attacked or discriminated against because of their lifestyles, and Phil doesn't believe in that ether. He was asked his opinion and got burned for it. Anyone who voices their opinion about homosexuality gets the same treatment, from Gays and their supporters.

I once submitted a less than glowing review on the movie "Brokeback Mountain" on Netflix and I got so many negative votes it became a hassle. For a month afterwards all of my reviews started getting multiple negative votes as if somebody was going around and negging every one of them out of spite. The movie, in my opinion, wasn't all that good. It was so depressing and once it got to the part where the two cowboys were tussling around in the tent and the sheep-herder was accusing the two boys of "Stemming The Rose" instead of watching the herd, I had to turn it off. Anyone who doesn't give homosexuality a glowing seal of approval in public becomes a target to these people. If we don't go against our own sense of decency we risk being ostracized by the GLAAD folks. Somebody explain to me what all of this hatred solves.
The concept of that movie was to further a pro gay agenda.
Period.
Anyone with two brain cells can surmise that type of thing goes on.
I had no interest in the movie because I find guy/guy scenes to be stomach turners.
And if that offends anyone, tough shit.

'Duck Dynasty' Network A&E Gets Death Threats Amid Phil Robertson Suspension

PREVIOUS, 8:47 AM: A&E Network has had to beef up security at its New York headquarters after receiving death threats and suspicious packages from people enraged about the network’s decision to suspend Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson. No formal meetings are schedule today between A&E and the Robertson clan, who yesterday issued a statement saying they “cannot imagine” doing the show without Phil — which, loosely translated, means “No Phil – no show.” That said, the network, which has had a good working relationship with the family (as the clan noted in its statement), is “always talking to them,” as one source with knowledge of the family said. The decision to suspend Phil Robertson triggered a firestorm and has created some strange bedfellows; last night Jon Stewart defended Phil’s “right to say ignorant shit” — joining Phil defenders Sarah Palin, who’d tweeted “Those ‘intolerants’ hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us,” and Republican Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, who’d pronounced it “It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended.”

/snip

A&E put Robertson on hiatus for an indefinite period of time after a GQ story came out in which he made incendiary comments about homosexuality, and the condition of blacks in pre-civil-rights-era U.S. A network publicist was on site when GQ sent Deadspin writer Drew Magary to the Robertsons’ Louisiana home to hang out for a day. Magary has remained mum about the fracas that has erupted since posting on website Deadspin, the morning the article was released to the press, that it is his policy not to be “unfair, predictable and dickish” when he profiles people — which he noted sounds hypocritical “given all the stones I throw here at Deadspin, like the NERDY KEYBOARD COWBOY NERD that I am.”

Magary said he likes Phil Robertson, called him a “decent guy” who is “a deeply religious fellow who takes his Bible straight, no chaser… and has decidedly retrograde, ripped-from-Corinthians views on topics like abortion and homosexuality”, and that he hopes ” whatever fuss arises out of his comments…will soften him a bit toward what he believes to be wicked behavior.”

“Consider this my own version of ‘hate the sin, love the sinner’,” Magary concluded.

What the hell, people. I don't get it. I mean somebody's cheese done slid clear off the cracker if death threats make sense in a situation like this.

OMG the POUTRAGE!

If pointing out the stupidity of racist rednecks was their aim, then Kudos, they did a good job.

However..................if pointing out the stupidity of the racist rednecks was their aim, then sorry, they did a bad job, because most advertisers, as well as most people in this day and age, won't support them.

It may have been a good idea for publicity, but for keeping the brand alive (as well as the advertising) it was a total fail.

Duck Dynasty needs to go the way of the Whigs, and no, it can't come back like "Dallas" did. Bobby having a hallucination while in the shower isn't a way to move things forward.

And yeah...................the whole GOP since Boehner took office has been a very bad hallucination, sorry, but the GOP is going the way of the Whigs. Even Glenn Beck said so.
Hey genius....Get a clue...Duck Dynasty is the most popular non fiction cable show ever. 14 million viewers per week!

This nation is halfway down the toilet then. No wonder you are so screwed in the head.
Obviously a minority opinion. Meaning, it doesn't matter what you think.

I guess A&E and the homosexual mafia Glaad thought they could just run over people rights of Freedom of speech and just go on their merry way

I feel no sympathy, they made their bed now they can lie in it

The left/Glaad, etc better get a clue...The people in this country don't take kindly to being BULLIED

You-Are-Really-Dumb-Antoine-Dodson-Gif.gif

THAT is the best you can come up with?
No wonder the lib agenda is getting it's ass kicked.

people are tired of being "BULLIED" by the militant homosexual regime in this country

They think they can DICTATE what you can and can't say or they set out to DESTROY you

people better start standing up to it

It's worked well for them so far. Just ask numerous vendors who cater to the wedding industry who have been victimized, bullied, even put out of business by the militant homosexual regime.

I think that bakery thing in Oregon could have been dealt with much better and in favor of the bakery owners. The law is on their side.
Clearly the bakery owners would have prevailed in court.....If they had the financial resources to fund a court battle.

It's worked well for them so far. Just ask numerous vendors who cater to the wedding industry who have been victimized, bullied, even put out of business by the militant homosexual regime.

I know that...that's why people need to wake up
they are now going after people livelihoods just for giving their opinion and thoughts on homosexuals..

Politics and business dont mix. If you are too ignorant to know that then you should not open a business that caters to the general public.

See this is the kind of economic terrorism that radical groups rain down on people with which they disagree.
The message is "you will kowtow to our beliefs or pay a heavy price"..
Well, that shit is OVER....Get it...
This A&E thing has opened many eyes.
Your side is not used to people fighting back. I would hate to be on your side right now.

PREVIOUS, 8:47 AM: A&E Network has had to beef up security at its New York headquarters after receiving death threats and suspicious packages from people enraged about the network’s decision to suspend Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson. No formal meetings are schedule today between A&E and the Robertson clan, who yesterday issued a statement saying they “cannot imagine” doing the show without Phil — which, loosely translated, means “No Phil – no show.” That said, the network, which has had a good working relationship with the family (as the clan noted in its statement), is “always talking to them,” as one source with knowledge of the family said. The decision to suspend Phil Robertson triggered a firestorm and has created some strange bedfellows; last night Jon Stewart defended Phil’s “right to say ignorant shit” — joining Phil defenders Sarah Palin, who’d tweeted “Those ‘intolerants’ hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us,” and Republican Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, who’d pronounced it “It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended.”

/snip

A&E put Robertson on hiatus for an indefinite period of time after a GQ story came out in which he made incendiary comments about homosexuality, and the condition of blacks in pre-civil-rights-era U.S. A network publicist was on site when GQ sent Deadspin writer Drew Magary to the Robertsons’ Louisiana home to hang out for a day. Magary has remained mum about the fracas that has erupted since posting on website Deadspin, the morning the article was released to the press, that it is his policy not to be “unfair, predictable and dickish” when he profiles people — which he noted sounds hypocritical “given all the stones I throw here at Deadspin, like the NERDY KEYBOARD COWBOY NERD that I am.”

Magary said he likes Phil Robertson, called him a “decent guy” who is “a deeply religious fellow who takes his Bible straight, no chaser… and has decidedly retrograde, ripped-from-Corinthians views on topics like abortion and homosexuality”, and that he hopes ” whatever fuss arises out of his comments…will soften him a bit toward what he believes to be wicked behavior.”

“Consider this my own version of ‘hate the sin, love the sinner’,” Magary concluded.

What the hell, people. I don't get it. I mean somebody's cheese done slid clear off the cracker if death threats make sense in a situation like this.

The weird death threats aren't ever rational or always from the right. A family in Lake Tahoe is getting death threats because they called animal control who euthanized a bear that had gotten into their car and destroyed the interior.

and you're a simple minded dolt...We can't help you there

Yeah, I'm the simple minded dolt because I understand that it isn't a freedom of speech issue and because I don't think that death threats are the appropriate response to a reality TV millionaire being suspended from his TV show.

You can keep claiming it's not a freedom of speech or freedom of religion issue all you like.
Technically, it isn't. However, in the court of public opinion, it IS a rights issue.
And that is all that matters.
We can do whatever we wish. If that means slamming A&E with a boycott of their advertisers or not watching any of their programs, we can do that. And you'll just have to live with it. You have no say in the matter.

"Gay gestapo", "homosexual mafia" - you Christians/conservatives sure are some whiny bitches, aren't you?

HA!!!!
The whining from you hypersensitive, perpetually offended lightweights is monumental.
Your side's whining started this thing.
You could not just leave it alone. Let the guy have his say and move on...NOOOOOO...
You had to make a big deal out of it. You had to try to shut the guy up because you disagreed with his point of view. Now your side is shocked at the back lash....And you don't know how to deal with it.

I guess A&E and the homosexual mafia Glaad thought they could just run over people rights of Freedom of speech and just go on their merry way

I feel no sympathy, they made their bed now they can lie in it

The left/Glaad, etc better get a clue...The people in this country don't take kindly to being BULLIED

You-Are-Really-Dumb-Antoine-Dodson-Gif.gif

THAT is the best you can come up with?
No wonder the lib agenda is getting it's ass kicked.

mental midgets like that poster only have so much original thinking, then they resort to stupid cartoons...

They fund the science. They don't fund the editorial bias. Big difference.
Oh, and where this idea that 'big corporations' are all in lockstep with conservatism came from is a mystery.
It isn't true. Many companies donate to both GOP and Dem super PACS...
In fact many large firms donate to liberal causes and support democrat candidates.
AT&T for example donates to both the DNC and RNC but the majority of their dollars go to the DNC. Labor unions, which are large businesses themselves, donate tens of millions to democrats and little to the GOP if any at all.

Democratic Convention Relied On Corporate Donations, Despite Pledge

/snip

The weird death threats aren't ever rational or always from the right. A family in Lake Tahoe is getting death threats because they called animal control who euthanized a bear that had gotten into their car and destroyed the interior.

Possibly because it was the people's fault that the bear got into the car.

Forum List

Back