A&E dealing with death threats. Brilliant.

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
'Duck Dynasty' Network A&E Gets Death Threats Amid Phil Robertson Suspension

PREVIOUS, 8:47 AM: A&E Network has had to beef up security at its New York headquarters after receiving death threats and suspicious packages from people enraged about the network’s decision to suspend Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson. No formal meetings are schedule today between A&E and the Robertson clan, who yesterday issued a statement saying they “cannot imagine” doing the show without Phil — which, loosely translated, means “No Phil – no show.” That said, the network, which has had a good working relationship with the family (as the clan noted in its statement), is “always talking to them,” as one source with knowledge of the family said. The decision to suspend Phil Robertson triggered a firestorm and has created some strange bedfellows; last night Jon Stewart defended Phil’s “right to say ignorant shit” — joining Phil defenders Sarah Palin, who’d tweeted “Those ‘intolerants’ hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us,” and Republican Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, who’d pronounced it “It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended.”

/snip

A&E put Robertson on hiatus for an indefinite period of time after a GQ story came out in which he made incendiary comments about homosexuality, and the condition of blacks in pre-civil-rights-era U.S. A network publicist was on site when GQ sent Deadspin writer Drew Magary to the Robertsons’ Louisiana home to hang out for a day. Magary has remained mum about the fracas that has erupted since posting on website Deadspin, the morning the article was released to the press, that it is his policy not to be “unfair, predictable and dickish” when he profiles people — which he noted sounds hypocritical “given all the stones I throw here at Deadspin, like the NERDY KEYBOARD COWBOY NERD that I am.”

Magary said he likes Phil Robertson, called him a “decent guy” who is “a deeply religious fellow who takes his Bible straight, no chaser… and has decidedly retrograde, ripped-from-Corinthians views on topics like abortion and homosexuality”, and that he hopes ” whatever fuss arises out of his comments…will soften him a bit toward what he believes to be wicked behavior.”

“Consider this my own version of ‘hate the sin, love the sinner’,” Magary concluded.

What the hell, people. I don't get it. I mean somebody's cheese done slid clear off the cracker if death threats make sense in a situation like this.

How stupid is that indeed. Didn't gays do the same thing to Sweet Cakes in Oregon? Threatened the vendors and the customers. It finally drove the baker out of business. Over refusal to bake a wedding cake. What a shame that those who dish it out don't like it when it's their turn.

Maybe GLAAD will think twice when they decide to target someone else.

December is a bad month, indeed. The world is crazy and the USA is hurtin' pretty bad. I am sick of the duck stuff, myself. We need some uplifting threads. I am a libra and I'm all lopsided lately so my arm scales need to be balanced out.

And about GLAAD. I think their name is kind of an oxymoron. Sorta. It just doesn't fit, lol.

• Banned
December is a bad month, indeed. The world is crazy and the USA is hurtin' pretty bad. I am sick of the duck stuff, myself. We need some uplifting threads. I am a libra and I'm all lopsided lately so my arm scales need to be balanced out.

And about GLAAD. I think their name is kind of an oxymoron. Sorta. It just doesn't fit, lol.

Good point. I'm in an incredibly good mood, but I think that's because I had so much fun yesterday, and this week will hold much joy as well. GRANDBABIES!!!! :D

:eusa_shhh:

How stupid is that indeed. Didn't gays do the same thing to Sweet Cakes in Oregon? Threatened the vendors and the customers. It finally drove the baker out of business. Over refusal to bake a wedding cake. What a shame that those who dish it out don't like it when it's their turn.

Maybe GLAAD will think twice when they decide to target someone else.

But someone else did it!

Nice.

'Duck Dynasty' Network A&E Gets Death Threats Amid Phil Robertson Suspension

PREVIOUS, 8:47 AM: A&E Network has had to beef up security at its New York headquarters after receiving death threats and suspicious packages from people enraged about the network’s decision to suspend Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson. No formal meetings are schedule today between A&E and the Robertson clan, who yesterday issued a statement saying they “cannot imagine” doing the show without Phil — which, loosely translated, means “No Phil – no show.” That said, the network, which has had a good working relationship with the family (as the clan noted in its statement), is “always talking to them,” as one source with knowledge of the family said. The decision to suspend Phil Robertson triggered a firestorm and has created some strange bedfellows; last night Jon Stewart defended Phil’s “right to say ignorant shit” — joining Phil defenders Sarah Palin, who’d tweeted “Those ‘intolerants’ hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us,” and Republican Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, who’d pronounced it “It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended.”

/snip

A&E put Robertson on hiatus for an indefinite period of time after a GQ story came out in which he made incendiary comments about homosexuality, and the condition of blacks in pre-civil-rights-era U.S. A network publicist was on site when GQ sent Deadspin writer Drew Magary to the Robertsons’ Louisiana home to hang out for a day. Magary has remained mum about the fracas that has erupted since posting on website Deadspin, the morning the article was released to the press, that it is his policy not to be “unfair, predictable and dickish” when he profiles people — which he noted sounds hypocritical “given all the stones I throw here at Deadspin, like the NERDY KEYBOARD COWBOY NERD that I am.”

Magary said he likes Phil Robertson, called him a “decent guy” who is “a deeply religious fellow who takes his Bible straight, no chaser… and has decidedly retrograde, ripped-from-Corinthians views on topics like abortion and homosexuality”, and that he hopes ” whatever fuss arises out of his comments…will soften him a bit toward what he believes to be wicked behavior.”

“Consider this my own version of ‘hate the sin, love the sinner’,” Magary concluded.

What the hell, people. I don't get it. I mean somebody's cheese done slid clear off the cracker if death threats make sense in a situation like this.

Da da da da da
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Everywhere you go

You guys don't think A&E and also Religious Righters are playing this issue up just a little?

I wouldn't be surprised if members of GLAAD and other radical homo's were the ones sending the fake death threats to A&E in order to smear the Robertson's and their fans.

It's been their tactic in the past........ :doubt:

Cou bullshit gh ...

Quick question........................did anyone ever think that A and E might be fanning the flames of this bullshit to get better ratings?

And...................did anyone ever consider that the reason they threw this redneck bigot under the bus is because they wanted to have a controversy?

And................lastly......................did anyone ever consider that A and E hired the duck dynasty crew for a reality show simply because they knew one of the ignorant rednecks would say something stupid (like has currently happened) so they could get better ratings, even if the headlines were negative?

Quick question........................did anyone ever think that A and E might be fanning the flames of this bullshit to get better ratings?

And...................did anyone ever consider that the reason they threw this redneck bigot under the bus is because they wanted to have a controversy?

And................lastly......................did anyone ever consider that A and E hired the duck dynasty crew for a reality show simply because they knew one of the ignorant rednecks would say something stupid (like has currently happened) so they could get better ratings, even if the headlines were negative?

Nope, cause the A&E executives aren't that smart. ..... :cool:

I'm a Libra too.

I have a balanced approach to this issue.

Gays don't deserve to be attacked or discriminated against because of their lifestyles, and Phil doesn't believe in that ether. He was asked his opinion and got burned for it. Anyone who voices their opinion about homosexuality gets the same treatment, from Gays and their supporters.

I once submitted a less than glowing review on the movie "Brokeback Mountain" on Netflix and I got so many negative votes it became a hassle. For a month afterwards all of my reviews started getting multiple negative votes as if somebody was going around and negging every one of them out of spite. The movie, in my opinion, wasn't all that good. It was so depressing and once it got to the part where the two cowboys were tussling around in the tent and the sheep-herder was accusing the two boys of "Stemming The Rose" instead of watching the herd, I had to turn it off. Anyone who doesn't give homosexuality a glowing seal of approval in public becomes a target to these people. If we don't go against our own sense of decency we risk being ostracized by the GLAAD folks. Somebody explain to me what all of this hatred solves.

You're right...................they might not be that smart.

However..............even a blind pig finds a truffle every now and again...

But, if A and E fuck up with this possible landfall of publicity (by supporting the wrong side) they can still be taken down.

Besides, they've already started to do a good job, I mean, did anyone ever consider that the head of the family of duck dynasty could do so much damage to the brand?

Not only do I hope that their reality show goes up in flames and burns, but I also hope that their business does the same thing because of what the founder said.

I hope that duck dynasty goes up in flames, and their business does so as well, because of the stupid comments of the head of their family.

Phil Robertson just stated what the vast majority of conservative American christians believe.

And they have rallied to support the family against the radical homos and their perverted agenda.

fyi Pigs find truffles by scent not sight. ..... :cool:

You're right...................they might not be that smart.

However..............even a blind pig finds a truffle every now and again...

But, if A and E fuck up with this possible landfall of publicity (by supporting the wrong side) they can still be taken down.

Besides, they've already started to do a good job, I mean, did anyone ever consider that the head of the family of duck dynasty could do so much damage to the brand?

Not only do I hope that their reality show goes up in flames and burns, but I also hope that their business does the same thing because of what the founder said.

I hope that duck dynasty goes up in flames, and their business does so as well, because of the stupid comments of the head of their family.

See what I mean?

I rest my case.

A&E dealing with death threats. Brilliant. Similar nonsense with Chik-whatever.

The farther to the left or to the right the greater the mental unbalance.

The point of the show according to A&E was to put on display a bunch of ignorant Rednecks so that everyone could make fun of them and laugh. Well, it turns out people can relate to them. They can learn something from them. There is a desire to hear about good things in this country, not all of the bad. That's what draws people to the show.

Forum List

Back