A Decision

If the attack was entirely unprovoked, then put the dog to sleep. If the kid did something to make the dog strike out, then let the dog live and teach the kid how to act around animals.

The owner should have taught the dog how to act around humans.

I love the way some of you keep calling an attack on a child that neccessitate 400 STITCHES as:

"A bite"​

No, such damage does not result from a snap, not a mere bite, either.

THAT event was a vicious attack on a CHILD by a dog that lost control.

You can try to characterize that as a merely defensive reaction by the dog, but anyone who knows dogs knows what complete and utter bullshit that reponse really is.

That dog attacked the kid and attacked and attacked that child long past any time the dog was simply trying to protect itself.

That dog (and the owners of it, too) were/are mentally defective.

Were the victim your child?

Even those of you now apologising for that dog would want society to put that vicious cur down.

Last edited:
Let's start calling each other names and casting aspersions on each others' characters because we disagree.

Yeah, that shows a lot of mental and moral soundness!

:lol:

You can call me anything you want, I still don't put human lives over animal lives in all instances. Actually, I think most people are like me to some degree and in some situations.

You can only be judged by your own words here, and yours make it perfectly clear. You don't like it, choose different words or choose to get your shit together.

I should change my words or change myself because Unkotare thinks there's something wrong with me?

ROFLMFAO

I don't think so.

Here, Unkotare, my dog says "hi!" By the way, she's never attacked a child, but she did save one.

Attachments

• $Greta teeth.jpg
    $Greta teeth.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Let's start calling each other names and casting aspersions on each others' characters because we disagree.

Yeah, that shows a lot of mental and moral soundness!

:lol:

You can call me anything you want, I still don't put human lives over animal lives in all instances. Actually, I think most people are like me to some degree and in some situations.

You can only be judged by your own words here, and yours make it perfectly clear. You don't like it, choose different words or choose to get your shit together.

I should change my words or change myself because Unkotare thinks there's something wrong with me?

ROFLMFAO

I don't think so.

He does that allot.

HTML:
That cannot be a real dog. That thing scares the shit out of me.

Aw, Noomi, she's really a sweet dog! Here's a better picture of her!

That is a nicer picture, the other one makes her look vicious!

Well, she is very nice, but also capable of being very vicious. She's a Doberman and well-aware that she is my personal guardian. Although it's me she was growling at in that picture, but that's just because she was cranky. She won't hurt me. In fact, if she's doing that and I pretend to start crying, she gets all worried about me. : ) I have actually stuck my finger in her mouth when she's growling like that...she WILL NOT hurt me.

She's very intelligent and while generally very obedient, she has a mind of her own. That is necessary in case I was incapacitated...she would have to make decisions for us, such as tearing the bad guy to shreds, that sort of thing. : )

Last edited:
People like you are a big, big part of the problem.

I have raised and trained dogs all of my life. People can be irresponsible with their pet, with their gun, or with their car. The shame is the dog paying the price for the irrsponsible human. I agree, the dog in the story needs to be put down, but human error was a big part of the equasion. Funny how so many people are against euthanizing humans, including mass murderers. But they are quick to kill a dog for biting a kid, even when the kid provokes the dog.

I have raised and trained dogs all of my life. People can be irresponsible with their pet, with their gun, or with their car. The shame is the dog paying the price for the irrsponsible human. I agree, the dog in the story needs to be put down, but human error was a big part of the equasion. Funny how so many people are against euthanizing humans, including mass murderers. But they are quick to kill a dog for biting a kid, even when the kid provokes the dog.

This was more than a "bite". I've never had a problem with a dog that snaps at a kid who is teasing him/her. However, this damage was severe and obviously the dog needed to be put down.

I would never let a dog near a child that couldn't be trusted to protect that child with his/her life. Our animals have put up with a lot of abuse from our children but would never have hurt them like that, EVER! Heck, my brother used to have to put his dog outside when he wanted to discipline his girls.

If you have a dog that's not good with children, don't have him around children and certainly don't leave him alone in a room with a child. You're right human error was a big factor in this case. The dog owner shouldn't ever be allowed to own another pet.

Forum List

Back