A customer complained about a Whataburger employee’s BLM mask. Now she’s out of a job

What I don't understand is why in the hell would someone want to eat at a Whataburger they suck...
What i dont understand is why in the hell someone would support BLM. BLM sucks.
i don't think that's gonna convince the BLM folks to come to your side!
That movement is based on a false reality of "systematic oppression". I dont need dummies on my side. :laugh:
Sassy Antonin Scalia: “Persuade your fellow citizens it’s a good idea and pass a law. That’s what democracy is all about.”

What I don't understand is why in the hell would someone want to eat at a Whataburger they suck...
What i dont understand is why in the hell someone would support BLM. BLM sucks.
i don't think that's gonna convince the BLM folks to come to your side!
That movement is based on a false reality of "systematic oppression". I dont need dummies on my side. :laugh:
Sassy Antonin Scalia: “Persuade your fellow citizens it’s a good idea and pass a law. That’s what democracy is all about.”
I havent seen evidence that this movement can be persuaded by facts and good ideas. Hell, they think getting rid of the cops is a good idea. They think screaming at people, blocking traffic, graffiti and riots are a good idea. There is no way to persuade total morons. Id rather they work for republicans by continuing to make democrats look bad with their "protests". BLM might have just handed us the 2020 election. Woohoo!

white privilege? WHITE PRIVILEGE?

She actually quit. She gave a two weeks notice and they accepted and told her to leave at that moment. I like how she stayed true to who she is.

She actually quit. She gave a two weeks notice and they accepted and told her to leave at that moment. I like how she stayed true to who she is.
Yeah, she is a total moron. How fucking dumb do you have to be to wear a fucking BLM logo while youre at work? :laugh:

Did she violate a specific company policy by wearing a BLM mask?

She should probably contact a workplace plaintiff's attorney. I don't know if support of Black Lives Matter is truly a political issue as identified by state law below but it might be worth her while to find out if they violated any of her other workplace rights.
https://www.workplacefairness.org/retaliation-political-activity-state-laws

Yeah, she is a total moron. How fucking dumb do you have to be to wear a fucking BLM logo while youre at work? :laugh:
i wore a MAGA hat in Beirut 30 minutes before the explosion...idiot or just badass?

Did she violate a specific company policy by wearing a BLM mask?

She should probably contact a workplace plaintiff's attorney. I don't know if support of Black Lives Matter is truly a political issue as identified by state law below but it might be worth her while to find out if they violated any of her other workplace rights.
https://www.workplacefairness.org/retaliation-political-activity-state-laws
If she did it wasnt shown to her. Her entire point was that no one i management had said anything about it before and they claimed they were waiting for a "good time" to talk to her about it. I would definitely explore anything that could cause them grief for their actions though.

I loathe blm thugs, but if the management knew she was wearing it and did nothing until a customer complained, they are part of the problem.

I dont believe politics belongs in the workplace, either, and to me, wearing a BLM mask would be akin to wearing a kkk mask. Management should be nipping that stuff in the bud as soon as they see it.

i wore a MAGA hat in Beirut 30 minutes before the explosion...idiot or just badass?
A bit of both i guess! :laugh:

Do you think that because she no longer works there that the Black Lives Matter ambition is being oppressed, or diminished?

I mean, what is Black Lives Matter all about - I'm not sure what it is?

Do you think that the person who has the solution does not know that there is a problem?

Do you know what the solution is, and that the racist powers are oppressing it?

Help me out, I'm a dumb racist who has the power, explain to me how I am obstructing the ambition of Black Lives Matter?

Last edited:

So let me get this straight.... Your side, has been destroying people's jobs for a decade now.

Now you have one single example of an idiot using their job to make political speech, and being fired.... and this is white privilege?

What about that white lady that made a joke on social media, while on a plane, and was fired before she got back to the states? Black privilege for 10 years?

What about that white lady that made a joke on social media, while on a plane, and was fired before she got back to the states? Black privilege for 10 years?
They are trying to oppress white people by exercising the government that oppressed Black people that was designed by the white supremacists, and that white people will accept the oppression, because it is the just thing to do, and crawl into their holes and let Black people run things - even though Black people cannot subdue Black on Black crime on their own.

:auiqs.jpg:It is hilarious. Absolutely hilarious what Black people are hoping will happen.:laughing0301:

Every place I have worked had strict rules against wearing anything controversial or representing anything other than that place of business.

I wasn't able to read much of the linked article. Was the employee given the opportunity to keep her job and just wear a different mask?

Apparently, the employee decided she wanted to give her two-week notice since Whataburger had the audacity to insist she adhere to company policy.

Because she did that, they fired her, and rightly so. After all, here's a girl who's indicated that she feels, while on company time, that her beliefs are more important than those of her employer. She'd surely be a bit bitter about her employer not sharing her views, so it wouldn't be outlandish to think she might actually become a liability.

I used to manage a guitar store in San Diego. When someone gave their two week notice, we'd let them go, right then and there. We had thousands and thousands of dollars in the registers, and every salesman had access to every register. We simply couldn't take the chance that someone would do something nefarious.

Sorry to see you go, good luck, there's the door...

Thank you for the update.

Originally, I would have said...don't fire her.

I hate this cancel culture bullshit in either direction.

I do agree she should not have worn it at work.

I don't think anyone should be wearing Maga masks either.

I wasn't able to read much of the linked article. Was the employee given the opportunity to keep her job and just wear a different mask?

Apparently, the employee decided she wanted to give her two-week notice since Whataburger had the audacity to insist she adhere to company policy.

Because she did that, they fired her, and rightly so. After all, here's a girl who's indicated that she feels, while on company time, that her beliefs are more important than those of her employer. She'd surely be a bit bitter about her employer not sharing her views, so it wouldn't be outlandish to think she might actually become a liability.

I used to manage a guitar store in San Diego. When someone gave their two week notice, we'd let them go, right then and there. We had thousands and thousands of dollars in the registers, and every salesman had access to every register. We simply couldn't take the chance that someone would do something nefarious.

Sorry to see you go, good luck, there's the door...

Thank you for the update.

Originally, I would have said...don't fire her.

I hate this cancel culture bullshit in either direction.

I do agree she should not have worn it at work.

I don't think anyone should be wearing Maga masks either.

At all, or at work?

I'm a Trump supporter, and I would not condone wearing such a mask while on the job...

They were 100 percent correct. Can you imagine the chaos if a Black Person walked in and a White Employee was wearing a “ White lived Matter” or “ Blue lives Matter? “.

T

Agree. Politics should be kept out of the workplace. This includes professional sports, as far as within stadium or arena. Managers that allow it are bad managers. The employee should have been given counseling, offered a non-activist mask, and encouraged to make the required change to store policy and to continue for the two weeks under the policy to see if leaving was actually in mutual interests. Of course, I wasn't there to observe the employee attitude and reaction to the policy. Policies change. Sometimes policies do not have to be set at all until the need arises as most basic workings in the employment marketplace are assumed to be understood, until it is proved, they are not understood. Then policy or S.O.P. must be spelled out.
Employees with uniform dress codes are allowed to wear other than the established uniform?

Forum List

Back