A customer complained about a Whataburger employee’s BLM mask. Now she’s out of a job

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Last edited:
Good. She deserved to be fired.

"Congious said she wore the mask to side with a movement she believes brings attention to injustice and racism happening all over the world. To her, Whataburger’s actions represented an opposition to her support. She asked about resigning because she no longer felt comfortable working there. “This is the first time I’ve ever felt like this,” she said. “It’s not right.”

Aw, poor baby. Her employer wants to keep politics out of their restaurant and she "no longer felt comfortable working there"?

Get fucked, you whiny little bitch. You don't get to do what you want or say what you want while on company time, and you have no right to expect them to support what you support so you'll feel "comfortable".

Fuckin' whiners...

I wasn't able to read much of the linked article. Was the employee given the opportunity to keep her job and just wear a different mask?

• Banned
I wasn't able to read much of the linked article. Was the employee given the opportunity to keep her job and just wear a different mask?
this is the only one i could find

Agree. Politics should be kept out of the workplace. This includes professional sports, as far as within stadium or arena. Managers that allow it are bad managers. The employee should have been given counseling, offered a non-activist mask, and encouraged to make the required change to store policy and to continue for the two weeks under the policy to see if leaving was actually in mutual interests. Of course, I wasn't there to observe the employee attitude and reaction to the policy. Policies change. Sometimes policies do not have to be set at all until the need arises as most basic workings in the employment marketplace are assumed to be understood, until it is proved, they are not understood. Then policy or S.O.P. must be spelled out.

Agree. Politics should be kept out of the workplace. This includes professional sports, as far as within stadium or arena. Managers that allow it are bad managers. The employee should have been given counseling, offered a non-activist mask, and encouraged to make the required change to store policy and to continue for the two weeks under the policy to see if leaving was actually in mutual interests. Of course, I wasn't there to observe the employee attitude and reaction to the policy. Policies change. Sometimes policies do not have to be set at all until the need arises as most basic workings in the employment marketplace are assumed to be understood, until it is proved, they are not understood. Then policy or S.O.P. must be spelled out.
Nice reply, White. Thank you.

Apparently, the employee decided she wanted to give her two-week notice since Whataburger had the audacity to insist she adhere to company policy.

Because she did that, they fired her, and rightly so. After all, here's a girl who's indicated that she feels, while on company time, that her beliefs are more important than those of her employer. She'd surely be a bit bitter about her employer not sharing her views, so it wouldn't be outlandish to think she might actually become a liability.

I used to manage a guitar store in San Diego. When someone gave their two week notice, we'd let them go, right then and there. We had thousands and thousands of dollars in the registers, and every salesman had access to every register. We simply couldn't take the chance that someone would do something nefarious.

Sorry to see you go, good luck, there's the door...

What I don't understand is why in the hell would someone want to eat at a Whataburger they suck...

Well, to be fair, all fast food pretty much sucks.

My first experience with Whataburger was in Houston. I was staying with a buddy and his family and, one morning, he left the house early and picked up some biscuits & gravy from Whataburger.

They were pretty good for fast food biscuits & gravy...

What I don't understand is why in the hell would someone want to eat at a Whataburger they suck...

Well, to be fair, all fast food pretty much sucks.

My first experience with Whataburger was in Houston. I was staying with a buddy and his family and, one morning, he left the house early and picked up some biscuits & gravy from Whataburger.

They were pretty good for fast food biscuits & gravy...
They were ok in the 1970-80's in Okiehoma but not now.

whether we are black, brown, white, or pink, we all bleed the same red blood of patriots!

Forum List

Back