A conversation that didn't happen, but should have.

Honestly, do you sincerely hope to bury the incompetence and inaction of this president with the "be specific" deflection that his supporters constantly invoke?
So I'll be specific, the warning flags and seriousness about implementing control of this virus should have started with Trump flying home from Davos on January 22nd and try to re-assemble the NSC response team that he had disbanded. Government agencies, Governors, business leaders should have all been on conference calls. Enabling the states to respond should have started right then. The action we didn't see until March 13th could have been rolling almost two month earlier.

But it was more important to campaign and shadow the Democrats running against him at his pep rallies than it was to do his job.

Here you go. A timeline for you.
'Not Concerned at All': A Timeline of Trump's Coronavirus Dismissals

That specific enough for you?
In January he stopped travel from China, you called him racist. He has handled this crisis very well. Even your girl Omar says so.

Stop tossing red herrings out. The fish smell is starting to make me gag. Closing off travel was appropriate (I've said this in other threads). It's closing the barn door after the horses have already left and it wasn't rooted in concern for the public health, but it was appropriate. It would be very difficult to slow the spread of a virus in our connected world of travel...even with the false sense of security the belief in xenophobia gives some people.

No, my issue with Trump is that it was more important to deny, dismiss, deflect, and campaign than it was to actually, you know, be a leader.

He didn't close enough travel and they knew about this as early as November.
He was call racist and over reacting by you loons.

Was he? Where's your threads to back that up?

Trump Considering Closing U.S.-Mexico Border to Stop Spread of Coronavirus

Voters will remember how Trump eradicated Coronavirus.
That sounds like the kind of fictional propaganda you may have heard on Faux. I'm sorry to report to you no one is eradicating the virus. The number of those infected is growing exponentially.

U.S. intelligence reports from January and February warned about a likely pandemic
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...9d8cda-6ad5-11ea-b5f1-a5a804158597_story.html

"U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen, according to U.S. officials familiar with spy agency reporting.

The intelligence reports didn’t predict when the virus might land on U.S. shores or recommend particular steps that public health officials should take, issues outside the purview of the intelligence agencies. But they did track the spread of the virus in China, and later in other countries, and warned that Chinese officials appeared to be minimizing the severity of the outbreak.

Taken together, the reports and warnings painted an early picture of a virus that showed the characteristics of a globe-encircling pandemic that could require governments to take swift actions to contain it. But despite that constant flow of reporting, Trump continued publicly and privately to play down the threat the virus posed to Americans."
......................................................................................................................................
Ever since President Flim Flam was elected, and displayed the kind of ignorance and incompetence we all feared, the question of how he would handle a crisis has been raised. Now we know. Disastrously.

U.S. intelligence reports from January and February warned about a likely pandemic
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...9d8cda-6ad5-11ea-b5f1-a5a804158597_story.html

"U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen, according to U.S. officials familiar with spy agency reporting.

The intelligence reports didn’t predict when the virus might land on U.S. shores or recommend particular steps that public health officials should take, issues outside the purview of the intelligence agencies. But they did track the spread of the virus in China, and later in other countries, and warned that Chinese officials appeared to be minimizing the severity of the outbreak.

Taken together, the reports and warnings painted an early picture of a virus that showed the characteristics of a globe-encircling pandemic that could require governments to take swift actions to contain it. But despite that constant flow of reporting, Trump continued publicly and privately to play down the threat the virus posed to Americans."
......................................................................................................................................
Ever since President Flim Flam was elected, and displayed the kind of ignorance and incompetence we all feared, the question of how he would handle a crisis has been raised. Now we know. Disastrously.

HUH?

WHAT THE FUCKETH?

HOW the fuck were "intelligence agencies issuing ominous reports "

If the CIA , warmongers and neocrazies were involved in the "predictions" that ONLY means one thing

Who Made Coronavirus? Was It the U.S., Israel or China Itself?

The most commonly reported mainstream media account of the creation of the Coronavirus suggests that it was derived from an animal borne microorganism found in a wild bat that was consumed by an ethnic Chinese resident of Wuhan. But there appears to be some evidence to dispute that in that adjacent provinces in China, where wild bats are more numerous, have not experienced major outbreaks of the disease. Because of that and other factors, there has also been considerable speculation that the Coronavirus did not occur naturally through mutation but rather was produced in a laboratory, possibly as a biological warfare agent

COVID-19 — A Weaponized Coronavirus?

In this interview, Francis Boyle — whose background includes an undergraduate degree from the University of Chicago, a juris doctor (lawyer) degree from Harvard and a Ph.D. in political science — shares his theory of the origin of this novel coronavirus.

For decades, he’s advocated against the development and use of bioweapons, which he suspects COVID-19 is. In fact, Boyle was the one who called for biowarfare legislation at the Biological Weapons Convention of 1972, and the one who drafted the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989, which was passed unanimously by both houses of Congress and signed into law by George Bush, Sr.

Intelligence reports warned about a pandemic in January. Trump reportedly ignored them.
Intelligence reports warned about a pandemic in January. Trump reportedly ignored them.

US intelligence officials reportedly warned President Donald Trump and Congress about the threats posed by the novel coronavirus beginning in early January — weeks before the White House and lawmakers began implementing stringent public health measures and as the president minimized the threat posed by the virus in his tweets and public statements.

The fact those warnings were largely disregarded — something first reported by the Washington Post’s Shane Harris, Greg Miller, Josh Dawsey, and Ellen Nakashima — suggests Trump administration officials failed to take action that could have prepared the health care system to handle an influx of patients, helped Americans avoid mass social distancing, and saved lives.

Top health officials first learned of the virus’ spread in China on January 3, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said Friday. Throughout January and February, intelligence officials’ warnings became more and more urgent, according to the Post — and by early February, much of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the CIA’s intelligence reports were dedicated to warnings about Covid-19.

All the while, Trump downplayed the virus publicly, telling the public the coronavirus “is very well under control in our country,” and suggesting warm weather would neutralize the threat the virus poses.

That sounds like the kind of fictional propaganda you may have heard on Faux. I'm sorry to report to you no one is eradicating the virus. The number of those infected is growing exponentially.
I guess you Dems didn't hear about Trump's new miracle drug to wipe out Coronavirus.

Operation 'Crimson Contagion' shows how the White House flubbed a test run at handling coronavirus
GettyImages-1211594075.jpg

Before Virus Outbreak, a Cascade of Warnings Went Unheeded

"The draft report, marked 'not to be disclosed,' laid out in stark detail repeated cases of 'confusion' in the exercise. Federal agencies jockeyed over who was in charge.

"State officials and hospitals struggled to figure out what kind of equipment was stockpiled or available.

"Cities and states went their own ways on school closings.

"Many of the potentially deadly consequences of a failure to address the shortcomings are now playing out in all-too-real fashion across the country.

"And it was hardly the first warning for the nation’s leaders.

"Three times over the past four years the U.S. government, across two administrations, had grappled in depth with what a pandemic would look like, identifying likely shortcomings and in some cases recommending specific action."

White House Staffer: Mr. President, HHS has just completed a study, code-named "Crimson Contagion," on the country's preparedness regarding a potential viral outbreak. It highlights "just how underfunded, underprepared and uncoordinated the federal government would be for a life-or-death battle with a virus for which no treatment existed."

Trump: Go on.

WH Staffer: Sir, among other things, like bureaucratic snags, the study found the country does "not have the means to quickly manufacture more essential medical equipment, supplies or medicines, including antiviral medications, needles, syringes, N95 respirators and ventilators."

Trump: I see.

WH Staffer: The study makes some dire predictions, sir. It lays out scenarios in which millions of people could potentially be infected. What would you like to do about it, sir?

Trump: We should see about replacing the people I fired from the NSC who were put in place by the Obama admin to help coordinate the nation's response. Also, plans need to be made for a way to increase our capacity to manufacture protective clothing, masks, and to make sure we have enough accurate test kits that can be made available quickly. Let's get moving on that and report back to me in two weeks on what progress has been made.
............................................................................................................................................
The more realistic conversation.

WH Official: Mr. President, your golf clubs are packed, sir. Will you be playing 18 or 36 holes?

Trump: Good, good. 36. I'm supposed to be meeting with staff about some stupid report but I just don't have time. I hear the weather is going to be great in Florida this weekend.
..................................................................................................................

WASHINGTON — The outbreak of the respiratory virus began in China and was quickly spread around the world by air travelers, who ran high fevers. In the United States, it was first detected in Chicago, and 47 days later, the World Health Organization declared a pandemic. By then it was too late: 110 million Americans were expected to become ill, leading to 7.7 million hospitalized and 586,000 dead.

That scenario, code-named “Crimson Contagion” and imagining an influenza pandemic, was simulated by the Trump administration’s Department of Health and Human Services in a series of exercises that ran from last January to August.

The simulation’s sobering results — contained in a draft report dated October 2019 that has not previously been reported — drove home just how underfunded, underprepared and uncoordinated the federal government would be for a life-or-death battle with a virus for which no treatment existed.
.................................................................................................................................................
Here's the Golfer-in-Chief, the guy responsible for keeping the country safe, prioritizing his time.

president-trump-golfing.jpg
Your lie about Trump firing people at the NSC makes the rest of your post just another example of your TDS-addled cavity where most people keep their brain.

Last edited:
Berg, list your actions and dates if you were POTUS. Be specific.

Honestly, do you sincerely hope to bury the incompetence and inaction of this president with the "be specific" deflection that his supporters constantly invoke?
So I'll be specific, the warning flags and seriousness about implementing control of this virus should have started with Trump flying home from Davos on January 22nd and try to re-assemble the NSC response team that he had disbanded. Government agencies, Governors, business leaders should have all been on conference calls. Enabling the states to respond should have started right then. The action we didn't see until March 13th could have been rolling almost two month earlier.

But it was more important to campaign and shadow the Democrats running against him at his pep rallies than it was to do his job.

Yes, I love it. Most posters are too bitch to post specifics.

Based on your response, we would have had less than 200 fatalities at this point?

Maybe, maybe not. I doubt it but the point is we would have been better prepared to handle the public health angle and perhaps mitigate economic impact. I'm not holding Trump responsible for the virus. Global travel and movement would make that almost impossible. But I will hold him responsible for the absolute disaster that the response has been and his dismantling and funding cuts to the very programs that could have helped.
Why didn't you just say that I believe every lie that I am fed by the DNC media?

Trump was prepared, immediately performed his signature move of closing the border.

And that's why we are far ahead of the nations filled with open borders crazies.

Are you really this fucking stupid? What borders? Suspended flights from China wow we see how that went, didn't stop of fucking thing. If he had have taken this seriously from the beginning he would have suspended all flights and cruises into and out of the U.S. and given it two weeks and then if the spread continued here shut the country down for a couple weeks. Economy in the long run will be damaged for years continuing this drip, drip, drip of something here and there to stop the spread. Should have taken the hit weeks ago so the economy could start recovering sooner than two years from now.

You are your communist ilk would have had a shit hemorrhage and demanded impeachment hearings! Why don't you go play with yourself? You might get something out of that?

Based on your response, we would have had less than 200 fatalities at this point?

Maybe, maybe not. I doubt it but the point is we would have been better prepared to handle the public health angle and perhaps mitigate economic impact. I'm not holding Trump responsible for the virus. Global travel and movement would make that almost impossible. But I will hold him responsible for the absolute disaster that the response has been and his dismantling and funding cuts to the very programs that could have helped.

No cuts were made, come on man.

Cite the budgets for the entities you are concerned about and their budget cuts.

Start with the CDC. How much was the CDC budget cut? Just list a number.

Even if CDC was cut, so what? Again, their site has more references to diversity than the Corona. They need to let ALL communists and diversity hires go.

Diversity should appear nowhere in the agenda, only diseases. It is not the Communist Diversity Cult...

There were no cuts. These people are just straight up lying.

Budget | Funding | CDC

The pandemic response team was let go in 2018 by the administration they tracked viruses and pandemics around the world.

Bullshit! Disproven so many times that it is no longer funny, libtard!

No cuts were made, come on man.

Cite the budgets for the entities you are concerned about and their budget cuts.

Start with the CDC. How much was the CDC budget cut? Just list a number.

Even if CDC was cut, so what? Again, their site has more references to diversity than the Corona. They need to let ALL communists and diversity hires go.

Diversity should appear nowhere in the agenda, only diseases. It is not the Communist Diversity Cult...

There were no cuts. These people are just straight up lying.

Budget | Funding | CDC

The pandemic response team was let go in 2018 by the administration they tracked viruses and pandemics around the world.

Bullshit! Disproven so many times that it is no longer funny, libtard!

Trump played the situation very well, while turds were shouting racist in hysteria.

Berg, list your actions and dates if you were POTUS. Be specific.

In January he stopped travel from China, you called him racist. He has handled this crisis very well. Even your girl Omar says so.

Stop tossing red herrings out. The fish smell is starting to make me gag. Closing off travel was appropriate (I've said this in other threads). It's closing the barn door after the horses have already left and it wasn't rooted in concern for the public health, but it was appropriate. It would be very difficult to slow the spread of a virus in our connected world of travel...even with the false sense of security the belief in xenophobia gives some people.

No, my issue with Trump is that it was more important to deny, dismiss, deflect, and campaign than it was to actually, you know, be a leader.

That "fish smell" is your girlfriend's crotch stinking up the place!

Trump was prepared, immediately performed his signature move of closing the border.
That wasn't only not nearly enough, your reply does not address the myriad of ways Trump has bungled the response. Everything from down playing the risks to misinforming the public to not anticipating the need for equipment despite being given the advantage of using the events in China as a warning.

trump didn't close the border.

He stopped certain flights from China. That's it. He did it after the virus was already in the United States.

It wasn't until much later that he stopped flights from other nations. Then he did it in such an irresponsible way and totally unprepared for the amount of Americans coming back home that it caused hundreds of people to be cramped together in small areas of airports. Infecting others in that area.

trump had totally bungled this from day one.

White House Staffer: Mr. President, HHS has just completed a study, code-named "Crimson Contagion," on the country's preparedness regarding a potential viral outbreak. It highlights "just how underfunded, underprepared and uncoordinated the federal government would be for a life-or-death battle with a virus for which no treatment existed."

WH Staffer: Sir, among other things, like bureaucratic snags, the study found the country does "not have the means to quickly manufacture more essential medical equipment, supplies or medicines, including antiviral medications, needles, syringes, N95 respirators and ventilators."

WH Staffer: The study makes some dire predictions, sir. It lays out scenarios in which millions of people could potentially be infected. What would you like to do about it, sir?

Trump: We should see about replacing the people I fired from the NSC who were put in place by the Obama admin to help coordinate the nation's response. Also, plans need to be made for a way to increase our capacity to manufacture protective clothing, masks, and to make sure we have enough accurate test kits that can be made available quickly. Let's get moving on that and report back to me in two weeks on what progress has been made.
............................................................................................................................................

WH Official: Mr. President, your golf clubs are packed, sir. Will you be playing 18 or 36 holes?

Trump: Good, good. 36. I'm supposed to be meeting with staff about some stupid report but I just don't have time. I hear the weather is going to be great in Florida this weekend.
..................................................................................................................

WASHINGTON — The outbreak of the respiratory virus began in China and was quickly spread around the world by air travelers, who ran high fevers. In the United States, it was first detected in Chicago, and 47 days later, the World Health Organization declared a pandemic. By then it was too late: 110 million Americans were expected to become ill, leading to 7.7 million hospitalized and 586,000 dead.

That scenario, code-named “Crimson Contagion” and imagining an influenza pandemic, was simulated by the Trump administration’s Department of Health and Human Services in a series of exercises that ran from last January to August.

The simulation’s sobering results — contained in a draft report dated October 2019 that has not previously been reported — drove home just how underfunded, underprepared and uncoordinated the federal government would be for a life-or-death battle with a virus for which no treatment existed.
.................................................................................................................................................
Here's the Golfer-in-Chief, the guy responsible for keeping the country safe, prioritizing his time.

TDS thread 1,311.

Tucker Carlson’s Monologue Prompted Trump to Take Coronavirus Seriously: WaPo
tucker-carlson-tonight_15_mndn6n

Crimson Contagion - Wikipedia

"Crimson Contagion was a simulation administered by the Department of Health and Human Services from January to August 2019 that tested the capacity of the U.S. federal government and twelve U.S. states to respond to a severe influenza pandemic originating in China.

"The exercise involves a scenario in which tourists returning from China spread a respiratory virus in the United States, beginning in Chicago.

"In less than two months the virus had infected 110 million Americans, killing more than half a million.

"The report issued at the conclusion of the exercise outlines the government's limited capacity to respond to a pandemic, with federal agencies lacking the funds, coordination, and resources to facilitate an effective response to the virus."

Trump's rare blend of ignorance and arrogance can't obscure the fact "the market" is no longer the primary source of material progress.

While it seems like poetic justice when an economic system that functions like a cancer cell is being stopped dead in its tracks by a virus with a crony capitalist in the White House, the self-destructive tendencies of capitalism to destroy its own customers is no longer in doubt.

A conversation that didn't happen, but should have.

If saving lives is the politicians number one concern , were Americans ever asked whether they approve having the Pentagon weaponize the coronavirus?

Forum List

Back