A brief history of all the recent Presidents who kept classified, secret documents after they left office......yeah, obama is on that list....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is a short look at Presidents who kept not only classified documents, but secret tapes of their Presidencies...

Obama White House lawyers repeatedly invoked the Presidential Records Act to “delay the release of thousands of pages of records from President Bill Clinton’s White House,” Politico reported. At the end of his presidency, Barack Obama trucked 30 million pages of his administration’s records to Chicago, promising to digitize them and eventually put them online — a move that outraged historians.

More than five years after Obama’s presidency ended, the National Archives webpage reveals that zero pages have been digitized and disclosed. People can file requests via the Freedom of Information Act (a law Obama helped wreck) to access Obama records, but responses from presidential libraries can be delayed for years, even more than a decade, if the information is classified.

Similarly, President Joe Biden double-crossed Americans on disclosing records from his 36-year Senate career. In 2011, Biden donated 1,875 boxes of documents from his Senate days to the University of Delaware, which received federal subsidies to curate the collection while it was locked up. Biden and the university library promised to unseal the records “two years after Biden retires from public office.” Biden retired as vice president in January 2017. But the library announced just before Biden launched his presidential campaign that secrecy would continue until two years after Biden “retires from public life.”

There is nothing in your link which says the documents were classified.

As usual, you lied.

I guess you'll have to find another pile of manufactured bullshit to peddle.

They classify what they had for lunch.

Anyway. Well-known fact is they classify almost anything to keep it from public view.

From the OP link:

A federal commission headed by Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan lamented in 1997, “Secrets in the federal government are whatever anyone with a stamp decides to stamp secret.” Yet any information that is classified is treated as a political holy relic that cannot be exposed without cursing the nation.

Nice reach, bro.

From the OP link:

A federal commission headed by Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan lamented in 1997, “Secrets in the federal government are whatever anyone with a stamp decides to stamp secret.” Yet any information that is classified is treated as a political holy relic that cannot be exposed without cursing the nation.​

Last edited:
You're an idiot.

No, you are a fool, a useful idiot.

From the OP link:

The federal government creates trillions of pages of new secrets every year, the vast majority of which should never have been classified. Even Biden’s director of national intelligence, Avril Haines, lamented to Congress that this excessive secrecy of federal documents “erodes the basic trust that our citizens have in their government.” Both Democrats and Republicans are to blame for the iron curtain that now shrouds dozens of federal agencies.​

From the OP link:

A federal commission headed by Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan lamented in 1997, “Secrets in the federal government are whatever anyone with a stamp decides to stamp secret.” Yet any information that is classified is treated as a political holy relic that cannot be exposed without cursing the nation.​
Yes, the propagandist rag is attempting to lead you to a false conclusion. That's what they do and that's why the author of this thread keeps going back to be lied to some more.
'
You will note there is nothing which plainly states the Obama or Clinton records were classified. And yet their hoax worked as you can see by the topic title.

The dumb fuck's two brain cells went exactly where they wanted the dumb fuck to go.

Yes, the propagandist rag is attempting to lead you to a false conclusion. That's what they do and that's why the author of this thread keeps going back to be lied to some more.
'
You will note there is nothing which plainly states the Obama or Clinton records were classified. And yet their hoax worked as you can see by the topic title.

The dumb fuck's two brain cells went exactly where they wanted the dumb fuck to go.

From the OP link:

They classify what they had for lunch.

Anyway. Well-known fact is they classify almost anything to keep it from public view.

From the OP link:

A federal commission headed by Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan lamented in 1997, “Secrets in the federal government are whatever anyone with a stamp decides to stamp secret.” Yet any information that is classified is treated as a political holy relic that cannot be exposed without cursing the nation.
As much as I like you, and I prefer your defending of Trump and the people against the nefarious interests of spooks and the Deep State, I am afraid, g5000 is right on this one.

There is a link in 2aguy's OP, in the NYPost's article, to an article in the LA Times, by one of the nation's Top Lawyers. He even appears on Fox occasionally, Jonathon Turley?

iu

Even he is writing about, this thread is conflating two different instances. The DoJ is going after supposedly "classified," material, but this NY post article, is talking about the Presidential Records ACT, which does not refer to classified material.

An Odious Roadblock to History​

". . . This was done under the 1978 Presidential Records Act, which mandates the release of unclassified records 12 years after a president leaves office. Not only do some of these documents involve President Bush’s father, George H.W. Bush, but they also involve more than a dozen current high-ranking administration officials, including Vice President Dick Cheney and Secretary of State Colin L. Powell.

Historians are particularly interested in the material to shed further light on the Iran-Contra scandal, as well as other controversies that led to the criminal convictions of some Reagan administration officials.

After reviewing the material, Bush responded with the executive order that effectively rewrote the Presidential Records Act, converting it from a measure guaranteeing public access to one that blocks it. The order strips the archivist of authority to give the public access to these papers and lets a former president indefinitely delay their release. The issuance of the order from the executive branch brought the judicial branch into the mix. A federal court is now reviewing the constitutionality of the order, which is much in doubt. . . "

(emphasis mine.)

The materials that these liberal politicians are withholding from the public? I don't think they are necessarily "classified documents." Those would not be allowed out of the national archives for long. . . it would seem.

This is a short look at Presidents who kept not only classified documents, but secret tapes of their Presidencies...

Obama White House lawyers repeatedly invoked the Presidential Records Act to “delay the release of thousands of pages of records from President Bill Clinton’s White House,” Politico reported. At the end of his presidency, Barack Obama trucked 30 million pages of his administration’s records to Chicago, promising to digitize them and eventually put them online — a move that outraged historians.

More than five years after Obama’s presidency ended, the National Archives webpage reveals that zero pages have been digitized and disclosed. People can file requests via the Freedom of Information Act (a law Obama helped wreck) to access Obama records, but responses from presidential libraries can be delayed for years, even more than a decade, if the information is classified.

Similarly, President Joe Biden double-crossed Americans on disclosing records from his 36-year Senate career. In 2011, Biden donated 1,875 boxes of documents from his Senate days to the University of Delaware, which received federal subsidies to curate the collection while it was locked up. Biden and the university library promised to unseal the records “two years after Biden retires from public office.” Biden retired as vice president in January 2017. But the library announced just before Biden launched his presidential campaign that secrecy would continue until two years after Biden “retires from public life.”

yeah...so much "outrage" that it was never mentioned until now.

You guys are so dishonest.

As much as I like you, and I prefer your defending of Trump and the people against the nefarious interests of spooks and the Deep State, I am afraid, g5000 is right on this one.

There is a link in 2aguy's OP, in the NYPost's article, to an article in the LA Times, by one of the nation's Top Lawyers. He even appears on Fox occasionally, Jonathon Turley?

iu

Even he is writing about, this thread is conflating two different instances. The DoJ is going after supposedly "classified," material, but this NY post article, is talking about the Presidential Records ACT, which does not refer to classified material.

An Odious Roadblock to History​

". . . This was done under the 1978 Presidential Records Act, which mandates the release of unclassified records 12 years after a president leaves office. Not only do some of these documents involve President Bush’s father, George H.W. Bush, but they also involve more than a dozen current high-ranking administration officials, including Vice President Dick Cheney and Secretary of State Colin L. Powell.

Historians are particularly interested in the material to shed further light on the Iran-Contra scandal, as well as other controversies that led to the criminal convictions of some Reagan administration officials.

After reviewing the material, Bush responded with the executive order that effectively rewrote the Presidential Records Act, converting it from a measure guaranteeing public access to one that blocks it. The order strips the archivist of authority to give the public access to these papers and lets a former president indefinitely delay their release. The issuance of the order from the executive branch brought the judicial branch into the mix. A federal court is now reviewing the constitutionality of the order, which is much in doubt. . . "

(emphasis mine.)

The materials that these liberal politicians are withholding from the public? I don't think they are necessarily "classified documents." Those would not be allowed out of the national archives for long. . . it would seem.

As more info comes out, it looks like this raid had nothing to do with the National Archives or the Presidential Records Act. And why should it? A raid over that would be ridiculous. Nor was it apparently anything to do with J6. Some people on the inside have suggested it actually has to do with covering up tracks for Crossfire Hurricane; apparently Trump had some stuff saved which if exposed could greatly compromise not only the FBI but some powerful people like the Clintons and Obumma.

So the next time someone tells you or asks why certain xyz people never get investigated, arrested or charged, now you kinda have an idea.

Some people on the inside have suggested it actually has to do with covering up tracks for Crossfire Hurricane; apparently Trump had some stuff saved which if exposed could greatly compromise not only the FBI but some powerful people like the Clintons and Obumma.
So these inside people suggested Trump has been illegally gathering dirt on democrats for years. Abusing the power of his office to gather that evidence, and then illegally hiding that evidence at Mar-a-lago.

As more info comes out, it looks like this raid had nothing to do with the National Archives or the Presidential Records Act. And why should it? A raid over that would be ridiculous. Nor was it apparently anything to do with J6. Some people on the inside have suggested it actually has to do with covering up tracks for Crossfire Hurricane; apparently Trump had some stuff saved which if exposed could greatly compromise not only the FBI but some powerful people like the Clintons and Obumma.

So the next time someone tells you or asks why certain xyz people never get investigated, arrested or charged, now you kinda have an idea.
It's all speculation, until the details of the warrant are revealed.

I myself, have speculated as much, several times, due to my reading and researching all sides of the Deep State's attack upon dissent from the neo-liberal/neo-con agenda.

I don't push it much though, because most folks, have their own agendas/preconceived ideas of what is "good," and what is "bad," but since I don't ever watch TEE VEE, or listen to talk radio, I am completely a rogue intellectual, tending to tread lightly, I don't wish to offend folks sensibilities. . .

Unless they are real authoritarian nut balls, then I don't care so much if they can't handle the truth.

. . . with that said, yeah, I agree. Anyone that is at all open to dialog with Russia, or opposed to that 2014 bullshit that Obama, Biden, & Victoria Nuland pulled in Ukraine, are now political enemies of the regime. If they don't like the neo-Nazi authoritarian pricks in Ukraine, or the fleecing of the treasury to support the corrupt leaders in our government, and the Ukrainian government, it would seem to me, there is a real move, to cover all of that up right now.

They created their own operation, against themselves. . . this is a plan, to paint Russia, as an evil villain from day one. AND? To cover and distract the public from their own crimes.

Trump might have information, and concrete proof on all of that. I had commented when this started, that it had to do with Trump disagreeing with that intelligence assessment on Russia, and the Schumer going on MSLSD making a threat that the intel community would come after him. . .

They are coming after everyone that doesn't toe the line now. .

Somewhere out there is a really good piece by Pultizer winner Glen Greenwald, speculating why Trump did not declass the last of the JFK archives, nor pardon Assange and Snowden like he threatened to. I found that highly topical on this as well. . .

Last edited:
Funny how you don't care what Obama or the Clintons hid away from the archivist and use a trite term like "whataboutism".
More whataboutism.
You can't help but mention Obama and Hillary.
Some people on the inside have suggested it actually has to do with covering up tracks for Crossfire Hurricane; apparently Trump had some stuff saved which if exposed could greatly compromise not only the FBI but some powerful people like the Clintons and Obumma.
So they didn't PLANT evidence, they went in to destroy evidence.
Got it.

Looks like you got it all covered.
What a tool.

Forum List

Back