A black teen ran out with a $2 beer. Then a Tennessee store clerk followed him and shot him dead

My husband, who is the most honest person in the world today, stole a comic book from a convenient store in his neighborhood when he was around 7 years old. A day later, his father saw him with the comic book and asked him where he got it from and how did he pay for it? My hubby confessed that he took it. My father in law, walked him down to the store to return it to the store clerk, and arranged for him to sweep the floor in the store for two weeks after school, and also grounded him.

Thank God the clerk didn't shoot and kill him!
This is the nation you wanted. You asked for it you got it....Toyota! If a homemaker in the 1960's let her 8 year old daughter go down to the park with a playground to play with friends and her daughter went into a public bathroom and was molested and a parent today in 2019 did the same thing, would there be a difference in either parent being charged or not being charged with a crime for not being there? The guy who shot the perp was not a white guy. You got the white guys by the ballz. He don't care.
Over punishing is a sin,

An eye for an eye

A tooth for a tooth

A life for a life

Was a commandment of Restriction.... restrict the use of OVER punishment, that existed at the time... the same goes for today, and our justice system is rooted in it.

The greater the crime, the greater the punishment.

Stealing a beer, does not justify the punishment of death. PERIOD.

My husband, who is the most honest person in the world today, stole a comic book from a convenient store in his neighborhood when he was around 7 years old. A day later, his father saw him with the comic book and asked him where he got it from and how did he pay for it? My hubby confessed that he took it. My father in law, walked him down to the store to return it to the store clerk, and arranged for him to sweep the floor in the store for two weeks after school, and also grounded him.

This is the nation you wanted. You asked for it you got it....Toyota! If a homemaker in the 1960's let her 8 year old daughter go down to the park with a playground to play with friends and her daughter went into a public bathroom and was molested and a parent today in 2019 did the same thing, would there be a difference in either parent being charged or not being charged with a crime for not being there? The guy who shot the perp was not a white guy. You got the white guys by the ballz. He don't care.
Over punishing is a sin,

An eye for an eye

A tooth for a tooth

A life for a life

Was a commandment of Restriction.... restrict the use of OVER punishment, that existed at the time... the same goes for today, and our justice system is rooted in it.

The greater the crime, the greater the punishment.

Stealing a beer, does not justify the punishment of death. PERIOD.
Ignoring the fact that an illegal alien who has been deported 5 times, killed a US citizen who was a young girl that died in her father' arms and gets no conviction or punishment. Why should the store clerk be punished? Your own logic is failing.

Moral of story...

Thy shall not steel...

Or get shot..

Not that complicated..

Yeah, a $2 beer is not worth killing anyone over.
The clerk was wrong in this instance.
So at what amount of beer would it be OK to shoot the thug?
Every beer in the fucking store?
That's why the clerk had a gun.
'Dorian's (who the fuck names a boy 'Dorian'?) thug friends might think twice before they attempt to take something from someone they have no right to.
'Law of the jungle'.

The kid wasn't armed, nor was he threatening the clerk. Bad shoot, I say.
How did the clerk know the 'tree dweller' was not armed?
How do we know the tree dweller didn't say to the clerk: "I have a gun.............."?
When he was running away he could have turned and shot the clerk dead.
Anyway. Time served and probation. Al Sharpton is on his way!

'Dorian's (who the fuck names a boy 'Dorian'?) thug friends might think twice before they attempt to take something from someone they have no right to.
'Law of the jungle'.

There's a reason petty theft doesn't carry the death penalty. :rolleyes:

Clerk should have called the cops and gave them the kid's description/name.
Two hours later when the cops arrive: "Give us a description of the person YOU CLAIM stole the beer". Clerk: "He was in his early teens. About six foot tall, wearing a white T-shirt and blue jeans and running shoes."
Cops: "Thanks for fucking nothing and wasting our time and gas getting here. Next time we'll charge you with interfering with police officers!".

Back then you didnt have flash mobs coming into the store and not only stealing 1000s of dollars of merchandise but thugging the store clerks. Again I have asked how you feel about a young girl dying in her fathers arms, because she was shot by an illegal who was deported 5 times and was found not guilty by you lunatics, yet here is a guy who shoots a robber and you want him put away for life. Just despicable.
The illegal dropped the bag with the gun he found and it went off... there was no intent to kill her... he was tried and found not guilty of murder, by 12 American citizens. Him being here illegally was irrelevant to the crime he was charged with.

'Law of the jungle'.

There's a reason petty theft doesn't carry the death penalty. :rolleyes:

Clerk should have called the cops and gave them the kid's description/name.

And the video with the kid's image on it...

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

Anwar Ghazali was convicted of second-degree murder after a four-day trial, Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich said Friday.

"This defendant took it upon himself to be the judge and jury and the executioner over a $2 beer," prosecutor Lora Fowler said, according to CNN affiliate WMC.

The shooting happened in March 2018, after Dorian Harris walked out of the Top Stop Shop with a beer without paying, Weirich said.

Security video of the incident played in court shows that Ghazali, while behind the counter dealing with another customer, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at Harris. He then ran outside to follow the teen and fired several times.

Afterward, he returned to the store and told a witness, "I think I shot him." He did not call the police, and neither did any other customer inside the store, WMC reported.

Harris was shot at least three times and was left to bleed out, Fowler said. His body was found two days later in a yard near the store with gunshots in the back of his thigh, Weirich said.

Ghazali's defense attorney, Blake Ballin, told CNN in an email that Ghazali maintains he acted recklessly that night but his intention was never to harm Harris.

He said they were pleased that the jury rejected the prosecution's argument that this was a calculated and premeditated murder motivated by the theft of a beer. That would have come with a potential life sentence.

Ghazali is expected to be sentenced on September 23.

Read more at msn.com

images

2 lessons learned here...Dorian will never steal another beer, nor will he ever taste a cold one again.....2nd lesson, I have found a new respect for the hard working Muslim man that tried to do the RIGHT THING and was fucked by the system....Years ago Anwar would have been given the citizen of the month award ..... what a shame!
So under Trump he goes to jail, but under Obama he would have gotten an award. Good to hear.

I feel sorry for the clerk, and hope that he gets released on good behavior, much sooner than the sentence, but he too should be punished for his wrong doing, as well.

How about you act like a black thug expect the worst from a righteous muslim....who wasn't afraid to confront a thief, nor worry about being called racist by a shit like you...I know, you didn't call him racist...but you would have if Anwar was white....so predictable
And the murderer is face 60 years in prison.

and you didn't answer the question... you think stealing a beer should result in a death penalty?
Of course....you kill enough thieves your thief problem will disappear....logic, you seem to be missing it!
And the killers go to prison.

But at least you admit you're demented enough to think murder is the appropriate response to stealing a beer. It shows just how fucked in the head you are.
Didnt Michael Brown, another black thug thief get killed for stealing, what was it cigars?.....You let scum get away with the little shit they are empowered to continue on their criminal paths, such as punching a cop in the face and breaking his eye socket!....but bleeding hearts find this hard to understand!

Undoubtedly another lack of parental supervision and thinking their minority status will protect them from harsh repercussions!

Michael Brown punched a cop fuck face.
And what is to say this thug wouldn't do the same now if he got away with stealing...Condoning criminal behavior again, ABNORMAL!

And you are a coward and racist with Islamophobia against that poor Muslim man doing the right thing!
Dumbfuck, the only one here talking about race is you. I said nothing about race. All you managed to do is show everyone here how crazy you are, thinking murder is the appropriate response to stealing a beer. The law knows better even though you don't; which is why the murderer is facing 60 years in prison.
Of course you racist, bigot Islamophobia has given you away for the really disgusting piece of shit you and your DemonRAT friends are....EVERYONE knows it and can read what you post!...So easy to makes these asswipes reveal themselves!
What part of, you're the one talking about race, not me; is too far above your pay grade to understand, dumbfuck?
You criticized s Muslim for doing the right thing....you fucking Islamaphobic jerk!
Dumbfuck, you're too stupid to learn.... I said nothing about his religion. :cuckoo:
You intimated you Islamophobic bigoted fuck!

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

Anwar Ghazali was convicted of second-degree murder after a four-day trial, Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich said Friday.

"This defendant took it upon himself to be the judge and jury and the executioner over a $2 beer," prosecutor Lora Fowler said, according to CNN affiliate WMC.

The shooting happened in March 2018, after Dorian Harris walked out of the Top Stop Shop with a beer without paying, Weirich said.

Security video of the incident played in court shows that Ghazali, while behind the counter dealing with another customer, pulled out a handgun and pointed it at Harris. He then ran outside to follow the teen and fired several times.

Afterward, he returned to the store and told a witness, "I think I shot him." He did not call the police, and neither did any other customer inside the store, WMC reported.

Harris was shot at least three times and was left to bleed out, Fowler said. His body was found two days later in a yard near the store with gunshots in the back of his thigh, Weirich said.

Ghazali's defense attorney, Blake Ballin, told CNN in an email that Ghazali maintains he acted recklessly that night but his intention was never to harm Harris.

He said they were pleased that the jury rejected the prosecution's argument that this was a calculated and premeditated murder motivated by the theft of a beer. That would have come with a potential life sentence.

Ghazali is expected to be sentenced on September 23.

Read more at msn.com

images

2 lessons learned here...Dorian will never steal another beer, nor will he ever taste a cold one again.....2nd lesson, I have found a new respect for the hard working Muslim man that tried to do the RIGHT THING and was fucked by the system....Years ago Anwar would have been given the citizen of the month award ..... what a shame!
So under Trump he goes to jail, but under Obama he would have gotten an award. Good to hear.
Another ABNORMAL that condones crime....they are all out showing their fucked up morals

Brown on brown crime. Got something I might even care about?

Here is a thought.

Do not steal.

Imagine if the guy just didn’t steal the beer?

This could all have been avoided.

Stealing is immoral and illegal. Don’t do it.

I feel sorry for the clerk, and hope that he gets released on good behavior, much sooner than the sentence, but he too should be punished for his wrong doing, as well.
Killing someone for shoplifting is murder

Back then you didnt have flash mobs coming into the store and not only stealing 1000s of dollars of merchandise but thugging the store clerks. Again I have asked how you feel about a young girl dying in her fathers arms, because she was shot by an illegal who was deported 5 times and was found not guilty by you lunatics, yet here is a guy who shoots a robber and you want him put away for life. Just despicable.
The illegal dropped the bag with the gun he found and it went off... there was no intent to kill her... he was tried and found not guilty of murder, by 12 American citizens. Him being here illegally was irrelevant to the crime he was charged with.
The illegal dropped the bag with the gun he found and it went off.
see what mean about these shit for brain liberals. 5 times the guy has been deported, 5 times he came back under Obama's watch, a poor girl who just happened to be walking with her dad, gets shot, because the illegal picked up the gun from a government employee and ended up killing the girl, and didnt get punished at all. Yet a criminal thug, like Michael Brown walks into a convenience store, takes an illegal substance for that teen and goes out the door, and you want to just give the kid hugs and kisses. I am amazed that your "honest" husband if he is honest, has anything to do with you.

There should be a punishment for petty theft. If you object to the death penalty then cut off a hand. Or at least cane them. Singapore has no theft problem. It never becomes a problem The thief gets caned or whipped. They don't do it again.

One of the new problems you are finding in democrat controlled cities, is they have changed the amount of money needed to get a felony conviction for theft.....they moved it up to 900 dollars, I think, making almost all shoplifting a misdemeanor......which has increased shop lifting dramaticallly......

Spike In Shoplifting Blamed On California Prop 47's Reduced Penalties

Perry Lutz says his struggle to survive as a small businessman became a lot harder after California voters reduced theft penalties 1 1/2 years ago.

About a half-dozen times this year, shoplifters have stolen expensive drones or another of the remote-controlled toys he sells in HobbyTown USA, a small shop in Rocklin, northeast of Sacramento. “It’s just pretty much open season,” Lutz said. “They’ll pick the $800 unit and just grab it and run out the door.”

Anything below $950 keeps the crime a misdemeanor — and likely means the thieves face no pursuit and no punishment, say retailers and law enforcement officials. Large retailers including Safeway, Target, Rite Aid and CVS pharmacies say shoplifting increased at least 15 percent, and in some cases, doubled since voters approved Proposition 47 and ended the possibility of charging shoplifting as a felony with the potential for a prison sentence.

Shoplifting reports to the Los Angeles Police Department jumped by a quarter in the first year, according to statistics the department compiled for The Associated Press. The ballot measure also lowered penalties for forgery, fraud, petty theft and drug possession.

Public Policy Institute of California researcher Magnus Lofstrom noted a troubling increase in property crime in California’s largest cities in the first half-year after Proposition 47 took effect. Preliminary FBI crime reports show a 12 percent jump in larceny-theft, which includes shoplifting, but he said it is too early to determine what, if any, increase is due to the ballot measure.

There should be a punishment for petty theft. If you object to the death penalty then cut off a hand. Or at least cane them. Singapore has no theft problem. It never becomes a problem The thief gets caned or whipped. They don't do it again.

One of the new problems you are finding in democrat controlled cities, is they have changed the amount of money needed to get a felony conviction for theft.....they moved it up to 900 dollars, I think, making almost all shoplifting a misdemeanor......which has increased shop lifting dramaticallly......

Spike In Shoplifting Blamed On California Prop 47's Reduced Penalties

Perry Lutz says his struggle to survive as a small businessman became a lot harder after California voters reduced theft penalties 1 1/2 years ago.

About a half-dozen times this year, shoplifters have stolen expensive drones or another of the remote-controlled toys he sells in HobbyTown USA, a small shop in Rocklin, northeast of Sacramento. “It’s just pretty much open season,” Lutz said. “They’ll pick the $800 unit and just grab it and run out the door.”

Anything below $950 keeps the crime a misdemeanor — and likely means the thieves face no pursuit and no punishment, say retailers and law enforcement officials. Large retailers including Safeway, Target, Rite Aid and CVS pharmacies say shoplifting increased at least 15 percent, and in some cases, doubled since voters approved Proposition 47 and ended the possibility of charging shoplifting as a felony with the potential for a prison sentence.

Shoplifting reports to the Los Angeles Police Department jumped by a quarter in the first year, according to statistics the department compiled for The Associated Press. The ballot measure also lowered penalties for forgery, fraud, petty theft and drug possession.

Public Policy Institute of California researcher Magnus Lofstrom noted a troubling increase in property crime in California’s largest cities in the first half-year after Proposition 47 took effect. Preliminary FBI crime reports show a 12 percent jump in larceny-theft, which includes shoplifting, but he said it is too early to determine what, if any, increase is due to the ballot measure.

This is how the left will reduce crime.

Make the limit for a misdemeanor $10,000!!!

THEY WIPED OUT CRIME!!!!

Last edited:
It obviously had nothing to do with the cost of the item stolen. The kid was wrong, but posed no threat. No way is anybody justified in using lethal force to recover a stolen item, or make a point. The kid used bad judgment, but that doesn’t define him as a person or as a race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back