9th Circus Makes Ground Breaking Ruling On Guns

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
Read more here (I need to credit where I read it)

Ace of Spades HQ

Ninth Circuit Appeals Court: If Hawaii Restricts Citizens' Ability to Carry Concealed, Then There Must Be An Absolute Right to OpenCarry
—Ace of Spades
Huge ruling.

Hawaii sharply limits who can carry concealed -- basically, only people who have jobs in security and law enforcement can carry concealed.

The Ninth Circuit -- not the whole Ninth Circuit, which is a leftwing clownshow, but two of the three judges selected randomly to review the lower court's ruling here -- rules that people have the right to carry firearms (quoting the Supreme Court's MacDonald decision), and if the right to carry concealed is restricted by a state, that must mean that the other method of carrying, open carry, is absolute.

The court rules that the "right to keep and bear arms" is actually two rights: to "keep" arms is about storing arms on physical property, but to bear arms is to carry arms on one's person.

And it rules that Hawaii may not leave citizens with no way of exercising this latter right.

That's a shocker, but the correct decision!!!!!! the 9th Circuit adhering to the Constitution....what a shock!

There are no “abolute rights” . All rights have limits .

No right is absolute: it can be changed by Congress (if permissible, Amendment, or by SCOTUS. The rump tribunal of the 9th CC ruled correctly in my sense of the 2dA's languague. We have a right to bear arms. If we can't carry conceal, that we can open carry legally.

I image the full 9th CC bench will re-hear the findings and overturn them.

What does “ well regulated” mean . If u want to cherry pick lines .

From the link:
The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected.

Meaning of the phrase "well-regulated"

What does "Congress shall make no law" mean?

Hawaii ain’t congress by the way.
At the time the Constitution was written, it meant that a persons property should ready to roll. Properly maintained.
Not well regulated like the statists like to imagine.
Try again

Those on Hawaii Island will be glad to hear this. Criminals keep being let out over and over, just as the recent cop killer there. Already had 3 felony convictions along with 35 others, yet was walking the streets. People were pissed.

Ace of Spades HQ

Ninth Circuit Appeals Court: If Hawaii Restricts Citizens' Ability to Carry Concealed, Then There Must Be An Absolute Right to OpenCarry
—Ace of Spades
Huge ruling.

Hawaii sharply limits who can carry concealed -- basically, only people who have jobs in security and law enforcement can carry concealed.

The Ninth Circuit -- not the whole Ninth Circuit, which is a leftwing clownshow, but two of the three judges selected randomly to review the lower court's ruling here -- rules that people have the right to carry firearms (quoting the Supreme Court's MacDonald decision), and if the right to carry concealed is restricted by a state, that must mean that the other method of carrying, open carry, is absolute.

The court rules that the "right to keep and bear arms" is actually two rights: to "keep" arms is about storing arms on physical property, but to bear arms is to carry arms on one's person.

And it rules that Hawaii may not leave citizens with no way of exercising this latter right.

No right is absolute: it can be changed by Congress (if permissible, Amendment, or by SCOTUS. The rump tribunal of the 9th CC ruled correctly in my sense of the 2dA's languague. We have a right to bear arms. If we can't carry conceal, that we can open carry legally.

I image the full 9th CC bench will re-hear the findings and overturn them.

And then the Supreme Court will overturn that.

That being said, I don't like this legislating from the bench stuff. However, if a state legislature passed an unconstitutional law, I suppose it's necessary.

Next Q: What kind of person is in charge of 5-0 these days? Enforcement policies do come from there.

At the time the Constitution was written, it meant that a persons property should ready to roll. Properly maintained.
Try again

Ok how about “militia “?

Geez . I agree we have a right to guns but don’t act as if the 2nd says “guns for everybody ! The government can’t do nothing about it !”

So you want Hawaii to have lots of shootings like other states? Weak gun laws working real well for FL...

Try again

Ok how about “militia “?

Geez . I agree we have a right to guns but don’t act as if the 2nd says “guns for everybody ! The government can’t do nothing about it !”
As long as it isnt impeding on someone else, what should they do about it?
Does the Constitution mean things it doesnt actually say?
Do you think its a metaphor or something?

Those on Hawaii Island will be glad to hear this. Criminals keep being let out over and over, just as the recent cop killer there. Already had 3 felony convictions along with 35 others, yet was walking the streets. People were pissed.

Ace of Spades HQ

—Ace of Spades
Huge ruling.

I’m sure they want to ruin their really low homicide rate...

So you want Hawaii to have lots of shootings like other states? Weak gun laws working real well for FL...
They are having shootings. And constantly being ripped off over and over. Go read Big Island Thieves to get a taste on what goes on and how pissed they are.

Forum List

Back