What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

80% Lowers

ProfessorHawthorne

Reaction score
Anyone here tinker with these? I have friend who did a 5.56 build a year or so ago and completed a 6061 billet lower using the drill press method. It looked like crap but it worked well - he's still shooting the rifle with no problems.
With the ATF readying new rules, I had thought about picking up a few "blanks". Watching a few Utube videos, it seems the best results come from using a router. It seems there a few jigs out there that are better than others - some for drilling and a couple for a router.

What's your experience been?

Thanks

JGalt

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No experience. I did own a Bushmaster back in the 90's but I'm perfectly happy with my trashcan AK.

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Anyone here tinker with these? I have friend who did a 5.56 build a year or so ago and completed a 6061 billet lower using the drill press method. It looked like crap but it worked well - he's still shooting the rifle with no problems.
With the ATF readying new rules, I had thought about picking up a few "blanks". Watching a few Utube videos, it seems the best results come from using a router. It seems there a few jigs out there that are better than others - some for drilling and a couple for a router.

Thanks
I have never messed with 80% lowers, at all, ever. There is no such thing. You are talking about sasquatch. Please shut up before we have a bunch of legislation banning something else.

:beer:

JGalt

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Thanks
I have never messed with 80% lowers, at all, ever. There is no such thing. You are talking about sasquatch. Please shut up before we have a bunch of legislation banning something else.

I think he was referring to shoes, but it's the other way around: The lower soles and heels only account for 20%, the leather uppers are the 80%.

:auiqs.jpg:

OP
ProfessorHawthorne

ProfessorHawthorne

Reaction score

Thanks

Sorry, didn't know it was such a touchy subject. In any event, me and a couple of friends decided to invest in one of the 5D Tactical milling jigs. They seem to produce a better finished result. Now those new home CNC machines are becoming available.....

Cheers

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$350.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List