73,000 Hippies Remain Trapped in Burning Man Muddy Hellhole

You mean like back in the days when a man could slap his wife around and it was his business?

You mean back in the day when black people couldn't eat at a white lunch counter? Or when they could be dragged from their home and lynched, without any consequences for the people who did it?

Or are we going far enough back to see school teachers lose their jobs for smoking in public?
are you saying that because blacks and women have equal rights its ok to behave like depraved animals ? morality in this country is going down the drain in all demographics ...

You mean like back in the days when a man could slap his wife around and it was his business?

You mean back in the day when black people couldn't eat at a white lunch counter? Or when they could be dragged from their home and lynched, without any consequences for the people who did it?

Or are we going far enough back to see school teachers lose their jobs for smoking in public?
Now it's much better, a wife can assault her husband daily, often with weapons and SHE is the victim.

America was at it's finest back then. Blacks knew their place in society and if they got out of line they were dealt with swiftly. As for women, they had better been submissive to their husbands or else.

America was at it's finest back then. Blacks knew their place in society and if they got out of line they were dealt with swiftly. As for women, they had better been submissive to their husbands or else.
Err...wtf? I think you've been watching too many Honeymooner reruns.

Reminds me of the Fyre Festival.

There is no excuse for not knowing the weather
The Fyre Festival was a scam from day one.

Burning Man has been a highly successful music festival for many years.

My guess is that attendance at this particular Burning Man will grow each year much like Woodstock of 1969. Today, if everyone who claims to have been at Woodstock, had really been there, that attendance would have been in the MILLIONS! :D

As for the weather, no one anticipated 1" of rain someplace where it doesn't get that much rain in three months. It's a freekin' desert! Stuff happens. It appears the management is handling this crisis better than might have been expected.

The Fyre Festival was a scam from day one.

Burning Man has been a highly successful music festival for many years.

My guess is that attendance at this particular Burning Man will grow each year much like Woodstock of 1969. Today, if everyone who claims to have been at Woodstock, had really been there, that attendance would have been in the MILLIONS! :D

As for the weather, no one anticipated 1" of rain someplace where it doesn't get that much rain in three months. It's a freekin' desert! Stuff happens. It appears the management is handling this crisis better than might have been expected.
Any excuse is a good one

The linked article was obviously written by some tight-assed puritan type.

"Burning Man is a yearly drug-infested music and art festival in Northern Nevada in Black Rock City.
According to reports, this year’s Burning Man was exceptionally degenerate and dubbed the “wildest festival of the year.”
‘Burners’ engaged in sexually degenerate activities such as “whippings by a dominatrix priestess,” “circle jerks,” “c*ck fights” and orgies."

That is not exactly objective journalism.
Sounds like a drag queen story hour for 8 year olds.

That's a petty cop out...

No, it is not.

I make choices in how I live my life. So do you. Other people make choices we might or might not make.

But trying to define an entire social group simply because they made different choices is beyond petty.

If the nearest town was, like, 7 miles away why couldn’t they just walk? Was the mud so bad they couldn’t walk?

No, it is not.

I make choices in how I live my life. So do you. Other people make choices we might or might not make.

But trying to define an entire social group simply because they made different choices is beyond petty.
You mistske "petty", for "specific"...

Would be funny if it was true, but Burning Man is full of twenty-somethings looking to get laid.

1200x0.jpg
Yeah, if there are any of those old hippies left alive there would not be enough of them to fill a phone booth.

The idiots didn't watch the weather forecast and are now paying the price for it. Now they're turning on each other.

Burning Man Descends Into Chaos, Attendees Turn on Each Other as They Desperately Try to Flee Muddy Hellhole​

1 down, 72,999 left to go!

Forum List

Back