$65/hour to cut grass is example of why jobs go off-shore...

The goal should be to grow the middle class and create competition. NOT give the super rich the chance to take it all.

OH you dumb f..king parrots! YOU mindless meme trope cliched idiot!

THINK for one moment you dumb f...K!
IF THE SUPER RICH take it all what will they have?"
YOU'VE seen too many movies!
The SUPER rich can ONLY have so many yachts! THINK you dummy! Who would protect their mansions? WHO would be paid?
Who would write the computer programs? Poor people?
GEEZ you idiots are brainwashed that you forget ONE Simple simple fact!
YOU can make a difference in your life and BLAMING it on the "super rich" is so childlike. I am not super rich!
I unlike you am happy with the the limited material things! YOU obviously have not achieved that state and as a result if some one
happened to give you a million dollars... YOU being idiot would blow it! Then YOU'D blame others! See YOU need the material goods
to give you your identity! YOU have nothing so therefore YOU are nothing!
But if you have any iota of intelligence YOU would understand that being so stupidly jealous as you obviously are of the "super rich" you
are NO better then a common jackal tearing at a sliver of meat!
Why don't you become adult human and take some responsibility instead of "blaming the super rich"!
I really do feel an immense measure of sorrow for people like you that have ONLY the envy of what the super rich have and the total lack
of any vision on your part to improve your lot in life!
I really feel sad and pity you!

Last edited:
US corporations save over $100 billion a year in direct labor costs from offshoring production (on 2.4 million jobs transferred from the USA.) On a worldwide basis, corporations have accumulated over $20 trillion in deferred tax benefits as well. It’s good business to do what these corporations have done.
That is precisely why I'm pushing for new world government: hard working people in China deserve no less than a welfare recipient in America - it's a win win situation for all accept the welfare class of billionaires and those on food stamps.

The experts tell us there are at least 3 primary reasons manufacturing jobs go offshore and labor costs is one of them.
And the following is an example of labor unions killing the golden goose !
Take grass cutting.
As defined by the current United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon),
an auto "production worker" is a job description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the toilets.
In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an hour, no-benefit wage earners, but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get the same wages
as any auto line-worker: an average $26 an hour ($60,000 a year) plus benefits that bring the company's total cost per worker to a staggering $65 an hour."[/I]
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070924073107AAuGk8O

There is a real three-fold reason to offshore production:
Lower labor rates,
lower bill of material costs and an
indefinite deferral of corporate income taxes.
One other significant reason for offshoring is the assistance provided by the Asian countries to acquire and build factories at very low costs, reduced environmental regulations, health and safety regulations and very business friendly perks for doing business in Asia.

US corporations save over $100 billion a year in direct labor costs from offshoring production (on 2.4 million jobs transferred from the USA.) On a worldwide basis, corporations have accumulated over $20 trillion in deferred tax benefits as well. It’s good business to do what these corporations have done.

PRIMARY REASONS TO OFFSHORE PRODUCTION

Lot's of BIG CORP contracts say these types of things. It doesn't mean the workers do these things... Generally a grass cutting company comes in and does it. And if they didn't have the money to shop around, they would get a local individual to do it.

Unions have NOTHING to do with your post.

Secondly, outsourcing is necessary but to see an American justifying the OVER Outsourcing we are doing today makes me sick. You probably never even heard of the "Anti-Outsourcing Bill of 2010" which would have dropped tax rates for hiring American.

Outsourcing is easy because no one has the living standard we have. But you probably don't have a solution to all the factory workers out of jobs since NAFTA who are collecting welfare...........

We were made strong as an INDUSTRIAL NATION. If we continue on this path, we will keep falling in rank as strongest nations.

You can either be Patriotic and look out for Americans. Or be a Corporate puppet and justify or even sell outsourcing. The choice is yours.

The experts tell us there are at least 3 primary reasons manufacturing jobs go offshore and labor costs is one of them.
Take grass cutting.
As defined by the current United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon),
an auto "production worker" is a job description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the toilets.
In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an hour, no-benefit wage earners, but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get the same wages
as any auto line-worker: an average $26 an hour ($60,000 a year) plus benefits that bring the company's total cost per worker to a staggering $65 an hour."[/I]

Lower labor rates,
One other significant reason for offshoring is the assistance provided by the Asian countries to acquire and build factories at very low costs, reduced environmental regulations, health and safety regulations and very business friendly perks for doing business in Asia.

Lot's of BIG CORP contracts say these types of things. It doesn't mean the workers do these things... Generally a grass cutting company comes in and does it. And if they didn't have the money to shop around, they would get a local individual to do it.

Secondly, outsourcing is necessary but to see an American justifying the OVER Outsourcing we are doing today makes me sick. You probably never even heard of the "Anti-Outsourcing Bill of 2010" which would have dropped tax rates for hiring American.

Outsourcing is easy because no one has the living standard we have. But you probably don't have a solution to all the factory workers out of jobs since NAFTA who are collecting welfare...........

We were made strong as an INDUSTRIAL NATION. If we continue on this path, we will keep falling in rank as strongest nations.

You can either be Patriotic and look out for Americans. Or be a Corporate puppet and justify or even sell outsourcing. The choice is yours.

Did you read this:
Take grass cutting.

THAT IS A UNION CONTRACT!!! GEEZ what then can you say "nothing to do"???

Take grass cutting.

Lower labor rates,

Did you read this:
Take grass cutting.
In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an hour
, no-benefit wage earners, but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get the same wages

Your OP says they "could be paid" to cut grass

Do you have any information of any workers actually being paid $65 to cut grass or clean toilets?

I have 3/4 of an acre of which maybe half is grass. They come once a week, two guys. One on the big mower the other with the weed whacker and blower.

They take about half an hour and charge me $45.

So I'm paying $90 an hour to get my grass cut, and be more than happy to pay that $65.

That's because you're a moron.

:eusa_hand:

It is called "shopping around."

You can use the "Internet."

Did you read this:
Take grass cutting.
, no-benefit wage earners, but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get the same wages

Do you have any information of any workers actually being paid $65 to cut grass or clean toilets?

Yes:

I have 3/4 of an acre of which maybe half is grass. They come once a week, two guys. One on the big mower the other with the weed whacker and blower.

So I'm paying $90 an hour to get my grass cut, and be more than happy to pay that $65.

Did you read this:
Take grass cutting.

Yes:

GM sends people to cut his grass?

The goal should be to grow the middle class and create competition. NOT give the super rich the chance to take it all.

The SUPER rich can ONLY have so many yachts! THINK you dummy! Who would protect their mansions? WHO would be paid?
Who would right the computer programs? Poor people?
YOU can make a difference in your life and BLAMING it on the "super rich" is so childlike. I am not super rich!
I unlike you am happy with the the limited material things! YOU obviously have not achieved that state and as a result if some one
happened to give you a million dollars... YOU being idiot would blow it! Then YOU'D blame others! See YOU need the material goods
But if you have any iota of intelligence YOU would understand that being so stupidly jealous as you obviously are of the "super rich" you
Why don't you become adult human and take some responsibility instead of "blaming the super rich"!
I really do feel an immense measure of sorrow for people like you that have ONLY the envy of what the super rich have and the total lack

You've managed to make a blithering idiot look completely reasonable.

In Matthew's case, no small task.

:eusa_clap:

Bravo.

Yes:

You asked if workers get paid $65/hr to cut grass.

If you meant to qualify it, then you should have qualified it.

Now that you've set the precedent, you'll now qualify any answer until it supports your position.

Is simply admitting that it costs more for Union Labor in the USA than in China really that complicated?

Yes:

They make shite cars so they can stay away from my lawns $garden & BBQ 415.jpgclic on pic to make bigger and admire a little wimbledon.

Last edited:

Bravo.

LMAO. Healthmyths. I do believe that you have been SLAMMED very well by a strong man.
Do it hurt?

Bravo.
:rofl:

Pretty good chuckle!

However, matthew is truly not a blundering idiot....he actually has the right, LONG TERM answer to all of our economic problems in the nation....and that is research and development, and education, and infrastructure repair and advancement, is what will save the USA in the long run....spend some to make some....but spend it HERE, in the USA, on us, instead of some war that we will never win without bankrupting us or using a few atom bombs.

matthew will support any politician on either side of the aisle, if they support the advancement of Science and Technology and Advance Education....he's not head strong in his party affiliation yet...when he first came to the site, he leaned conservative and bashed liberals, now he is taking the opposite stance, and I am sure he will turn on a dime on Party a few more times within the next few years... it's actually refreshing to see a young person be involved, in my book!

The jobs were sent overseas and the cheaper products imported. What % reduction did we see in the price of the item? I didn't see the price of any item change. if you compare the price of name brand items imported or domestic they are the same. The company makes more money but the loss of jobs only means they lose a few sales to those not working.
It doesn't matter that business does not care about such things as working conditions or anything else related to those doing the work.
When a disaster hits we heard about conditions in other countries but soon forget it. Living in a shack, no health care, not enough food to eat are common in third world nations we use for cheap labor. Businesses have no soul with their only interest being profit. Those at the top get large raises, a large bonus, they even have a clause in their contracts where it they must be replaced for any reason they get up to 10 years pay plus a whole lot more.
We can blame the middle class for all the problems we have. they have their large homes, several cars, maybe a motorcycle, an ATV, 3 TVs, more than 1 computers and now we have media devices.
Many attained the late and great American Dream, it created an additional problem: When you attain your dream what do you want next?
The problem isn't a simple one. I have a house that I really don't like, I live in an area that has changed, I still prefer a quality of food I can no longer afford but continue to buy and I border line on living in poverty as I had lost most of what I had put aside for retirement.
When I was born my life expectancy was between 67 and 68 years. I'm now 78 and if you check the tables I have 10.53 years to go. I hope not, the new American Dream is you run out of money the day you die.

Take grass cutting.

Lower labor rates,

NOTHING???
defined by the current United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon), an auto "production worker" is a job description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the toilets.

What is the cost for the mowers? What is the cost for a trailer? What does insurance cost? How about the pickup to tow the trailer? What does a weed whacker cost? That rate seems to drop pretty fast.
How much do you make a week? What are your benefits worth? What does that work out to per hour.
Lets talk about the trickle down effect. Do anyone see the write-up on the cost of living in the Hamptons? 2 million won't get you much and they said at two million it would be a fixer-up house. Food is double. A hospital bought 2 houses to allow nurses to live in them. Normal people travel up to 3 hours a day from a place they can afford to work there. I'm sure the pay is higher but it would have to be double just to make it worth while.

When you think about what your talking about you may say less.

What is the cost for the mowers? What is the cost for a trailer? What does insurance cost? How about the pickup to tow the trailer? What does a weed whacker cost? That rate seems to drop pretty fast.
How much do you make a week? What are your benefits worth? What does that work out to per hour.
Lets talk about the trickle down effect. Do anyone see the write-up on the cost of living in the Hamptons? 2 million won't get you much and they said at two million it would be a fixer-up house. Food is double. A hospital bought 2 houses to allow nurses to live in them. Normal people travel up to 3 hours a day from a place they can afford to work there. I'm sure the pay is higher but it would have to be double just to make it worth while.

When you think about what your talking about you may say less.

Not sure what your point is BECAUSE the $65 rate per hour was JUST for the worker and benefits.
The other items are all on top of that rate.
Again my point was when labor unions counted grass cutters as production workers that made the rate $65/hour under contract with the Auto makers.
Consequently these are reasons why there are jobs offshore!

Take grass cutting.

Lower labor rates,

Lax environmental regulations. Export the pollution to china. I remember big cities like LA in the early 50's. I had a hard time breathing sometimes. We finally got pollution controls here. Big business says "how dare you, we'll just take our companies where we can pollute the planet freely".

Forum List

Back