$65/hour to cut grass is example of why jobs go off-shore...

What is the cost for the mowers? What is the cost for a trailer? What does insurance cost? How about the pickup to tow the trailer? What does a weed whacker cost? That rate seems to drop pretty fast.
How much do you make a week? What are your benefits worth? What does that work out to per hour.
Lets talk about the trickle down effect. Do anyone see the write-up on the cost of living in the Hamptons? 2 million won't get you much and they said at two million it would be a fixer-up house. Food is double. A hospital bought 2 houses to allow nurses to live in them. Normal people travel up to 3 hours a day from a place they can afford to work there. I'm sure the pay is higher but it would have to be double just to make it worth while.

When you think about what your talking about you may say less.

I know people that hire low wage non english speakers to do lawns and other chores. Probably illegals. If the guy gets injured, they end up paying his Hospital bill, unless he just goes to the e.r. on his own. then the taxpayers pay it. If we jailed employers that hired illegals, minimum wage type work would go up quickly I think.

What is the cost for the mowers? What is the cost for a trailer? What does insurance cost? How about the pickup to tow the trailer? What does a weed whacker cost? That rate seems to drop pretty fast.
How much do you make a week? What are your benefits worth? What does that work out to per hour.
Lets talk about the trickle down effect. Do anyone see the write-up on the cost of living in the Hamptons? 2 million won't get you much and they said at two million it would be a fixer-up house. Food is double. A hospital bought 2 houses to allow nurses to live in them. Normal people travel up to 3 hours a day from a place they can afford to work there. I'm sure the pay is higher but it would have to be double just to make it worth while.

Not sure what your point is BECAUSE the $65 rate per hour was JUST for the worker and benefits.
The other items are all on top of that rate.
Again my point was when labor unions counted grass cutters as production workers that made the rate $65/hour under contract with the Auto makers.
Consequently these are reasons why there are jobs offshore!

The big offshoring US corporations that also claim to be residents of ireland or dubai for tax purposes, thank you for your being their unpaid apologizer and ambassador of good will.

Not sure what your point is BECAUSE the $65 rate per hour was JUST for the worker and benefits.
Again my point was when labor unions counted grass cutters as production workers that made the rate $65/hour under contract with the Auto makers.

The big offshoring US corporations that also claim to be residents of ireland or dubai for tax purposes, thank you for your being their unpaid apologizer and ambassador of good will.
YOU are absolutely CORRECT! The majority of offshoring IS TAX AVOIDANCE! NO question!
$20 trillion is sitting OFF SHORE waiting for the USA to LOWER to comparable tax rates of Ireland/ Dubai!
But see you anti-capitalists soak the rich idiots obviously want to KILL the golden goose rather then be a part of the bigger pie!

Consider just consider if 10% of that $20 trillion came back to the USA!
And that has been the suggestion of knowledgeable people that if companies like Apple, etc. were given a lower tax rate they'd bring some of that offshore money!

But you unsophisticated, beat up the wealthy idiots are just cutting your nose of to spite your face!

How come you are so f...king ignorant about taxation affect when here is a simple table you could have looked up to see how the USA rates!
The U.S. Has the Highest Corporate Income Tax Rate in the OECD | Tax Foundation
$Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 1.48.14 PM.png

Two reasons that it's so expensive.

1. The market dictates what the price is
2. The overhead costs for landscapers is high. Costs of fuel and equipment.

If you want to reduce the cost, find yourself a teenager and pay him $20 to cut your lawn.

Then you have to worry about the teenager showing up week after week.

How about insurance if the teenager back-up, slips, and gets his foot cut off by the lawnmower. Does your homeowners insurance cover that, or are you going to be responsible? Roll the dice baby!

YOU are absolutely CORRECT! The majority of offshoring IS TAX AVOIDANCE! NO question!
$20 trillion is sitting OFF SHORE waiting for the USA to LOWER to comparable tax rates of Ireland/ Dubai!
But see you anti-capitalists soak the rich idiots obviously want to KILL the golden goose rather then be a part of the bigger pie!

Consider just consider if 10% of that $20 trillion came back to the USA!
And that has been the suggestion of knowledgeable people that if companies like Apple, etc. were given a lower tax rate they'd bring some of that offshore money!

But you unsophisticated, beat up the wealthy idiots are just cutting your nose of to spite your face!

How come you are so f...king ignorant about taxation affect when here is a simple table you could have looked up to see how the USA rates!
The U.S. Has the Highest Corporate Income Tax Rate in the OECD | Tax Foundation
View attachment 30686

The $20 Trillion is what we know about through publicly held companies. There are countries that don't kiss and tell, and private companies whom we can't peek into their DNA. With profits in gold, homes, markets, all told over $100 trillion off and on shore.

We DO have the highest tax rate. But you don't pay tax rates.

We are number 16 out of 20 in actual, paid, taxes.

The goal should be to grow the middle class and create competition. NOT give the super rich the chance to take it all.

OH you dumb f..king parrots! YOU mindless meme trope cliched idiot!

THINK for one moment you dumb f...K!
IF THE SUPER RICH take it all what will they have?"
YOU'VE seen too many movies!
The SUPER rich can ONLY have so many yachts! THINK you dummy! Who would protect their mansions? WHO would be paid?
Who would write the computer programs? Poor people?
GEEZ you idiots are brainwashed that you forget ONE Simple simple fact!
YOU can make a difference in your life and BLAMING it on the "super rich" is so childlike. I am not super rich!
I unlike you am happy with the the limited material things! YOU obviously have not achieved that state and as a result if some one
happened to give you a million dollars... YOU being idiot would blow it! Then YOU'D blame others! See YOU need the material goods
to give you your identity! YOU have nothing so therefore YOU are nothing!
But if you have any iota of intelligence YOU would understand that being so stupidly jealous as you obviously are of the "super rich" you
are NO better then a common jackal tearing at a sliver of meat!
Why don't you become adult human and take some responsibility instead of "blaming the super rich"!
I really do feel an immense measure of sorrow for people like you that have ONLY the envy of what the super rich have and the total lack
of any vision on your part to improve your lot in life!
I really feel sad and pity you!

Well... you actually wrong ther.

If you want to reduce the cost, find yourself a teenager and pay him $20 to cut your lawn.

How about insurance if the teenager back-up, slips, and gets his foot cut off by the lawnmower. Does your homeowners insurance cover that, or are you going to be responsible? Roll the dice baby!

Or you could, you know...not be a lazy fuck and cut your own lawn!

The experts tell us there are at least 3 primary reasons manufacturing jobs go offshore and labor costs is one of them.
And the following is an example of labor unions killing the golden goose !
Take grass cutting.
As defined by the current United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon),
an auto "production worker" is a job description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the toilets.
In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an hour, no-benefit wage earners, but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get the same wages
as any auto line-worker: an average $26 an hour ($60,000 a year) plus benefits that bring the company's total cost per worker to a staggering $65 an hour."[/I]
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070924073107AAuGk8O

There is a real three-fold reason to offshore production:
Lower labor rates,
lower bill of material costs and an
indefinite deferral of corporate income taxes.
One other significant reason for offshoring is the assistance provided by the Asian countries to acquire and build factories at very low costs, reduced environmental regulations, health and safety regulations and very business friendly perks for doing business in Asia.

US corporations save over $100 billion a year in direct labor costs from offshoring production (on 2.4 million jobs transferred from the USA.) On a worldwide basis, corporations have accumulated over $20 trillion in deferred tax benefits as well. It’s good business to do what these corporations have done.

PRIMARY REASONS TO OFFSHORE PRODUCTION

I read that yahoo answers link. If you scroll down a bit more, you will read

"I work at Chrysler and we make the same as Toyota and Honda workers in the US,around $28.00 per hour.Jon H is wrong,I have never had a job where I could work like that.Once again people spout off and don't know what the hell they are talking about.Pat F quit believing everything you read,grass cutting and janitorial are outsourced jobs where I work and I believe at most all auto plants.They may have got that out of a contract book from 10 years ago_Once again people spouting off and don't know what they are talking about.But I will tell you what,I'm gone to take the $35000 buyout and you whinners can have my job."

Seems that you are picking an choosing unsupported comments to suit your liking. The world, and the net, are full of people that make thing up out of whole cloth because they just know it must be true.

One thing that is true about people is that they have a tenuous grasp on reality. It is quite amazing. I have listened to people recant some incident, taking a few detàils from reality, changing the order of events, and adding completely fabricated bs because it was what they wanted to believe. I can assure you that this is normal, only varying by the degree to which different people do this.

A làck of ability to distinguish between reality and fantacy is mostly a leared ability. So is the inability to.

For instance, Instance, I am sure that the OP has accepted that yahoo answer as if the OP had experienced it and as fact. This is why police find single eye witness accounts so meaningless.

To the contrary, the reality of the OP's experience is that of havng read someone's comment in the yahoo answer section. That is the extent of it, simple hear say and nothing more

The experts tell us there are at least 3 primary reasons manufacturing jobs go offshore and labor costs is one of them.
And the following is an example of labor unions killing the golden goose !
Take grass cutting.
As defined by the current United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon),
an auto "production worker" is a job description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the toilets.
In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an hour, no-benefit wage earners, but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get the same wages
as any auto line-worker: an average $26 an hour ($60,000 a year) plus benefits that bring the company's total cost per worker to a staggering $65 an hour."[/I]
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070924073107AAuGk8O

There is a real three-fold reason to offshore production:
Lower labor rates,
lower bill of material costs and an
indefinite deferral of corporate income taxes.
One other significant reason for offshoring is the assistance provided by the Asian countries to acquire and build factories at very low costs, reduced environmental regulations, health and safety regulations and very business friendly perks for doing business in Asia.

US corporations save over $100 billion a year in direct labor costs from offshoring production (on 2.4 million jobs transferred from the USA.) On a worldwide basis, corporations have accumulated over $20 trillion in deferred tax benefits as well. It’s good business to do what these corporations have done.

PRIMARY REASONS TO OFFSHORE PRODUCTION

I read that yahoo answers link. If you scroll down a bit more, you will read

"I work at Chrysler and we make the same as Toyota and Honda workers in the US,around $28.00 per hour.Jon H is wrong,I have never had a job where I could work like that.Once again people spout off and don't know what the hell they are talking about.Pat F quit believing everything you read,grass cutting and janitorial are outsourced jobs where I work and I believe at most all auto plants.They may have got that out of a contract book from 10 years ago_Once again people spouting off and don't know what they are talking about.But I will tell you what,I'm gone to take the $35000 buyout and you whinners can have my job."

Seems that you are picking an choosing unsupported comments to suit your liking. The world, and the net, are full of people that make thing up out of whole cloth because they just know it must be true.

One thing that is true about people is that they have a tenuous grasp on reality. It is quite amazing. I have listened to people recant some incident, taking a few detàils from reality, changing the order of events, and adding completely fabricated bs because it was what they wanted to believe. I can assure you that this is normal, only varying by the degree to which different people do this.

A làck of ability to distinguish between reality and fantacy is mostly a leared ability. So is the inability to.

For instance, Instance, I am sure that the OP has accepted that yahoo answer as if the OP had experienced it and as fact. This is why police find single eye witness accounts so meaningless.

To the contrary, the reality of the OP's experience is that of havng read someone's comment in the yahoo answer section. That is the extent of it, simple hear say and nothing more

Is english your second language because I can then excuse many of you very poor spelling errors!
"fantasy" , "learned", "having".. are easy words that if YOU pay attention the red dotted line you might correct these minor details!

More importantly the Chrysler's worker said "may have got it out 10 years ago" that maybe true but to this date NOT one UAW person has seen fit
to correct and I went to Snopes to see if they debunked but there was nothing regarding UAW contract covering grass mowing, or $65/hour ...

So until someone shows me page number of UAW contract where "mowing grass to cleaning toilets" IS NOT considered a "production worker the
Chrysler worker's comment is SUBJECTIVE at best!

Finally people like you seeming think the benefits a $28 an hour worker doesn't cost the employer anything?
As David Leonhardt pointed out in the New York Times (countering, in a sense, the earlier piece by Sorkin), the average GM, Ford and Chrysler worker receives compensation – wages, bonuses, overtime and paid time off – of about $40 an hour.
Add in benefits such as health insurance and pensions and you get to about $55.
Another $15 or so in benefits to retirees (known as "legacy costs") brings the number to roughly $70.
Auto Worker Salaries

So why don't you bring it up to FACTCHECK.ORG the questioning of "$65/hour grass cutting"

Or you could, you know...not be a lazy fuck and cut your own lawn!

I don't have a lawn. Three condos and a home with a boat dock.

Forum List

Back