6 weeks of weight training

Does your straw man make you shake?
I work out alone.
Same thing with leg presses.
I can leg press over 300 pounds with the rest of my body completely relaxed.
It took years to train myself.
I used to be able to do 420 lbs and I'm working my way back.

I just remembered I had 2 work out partners over 10 years ago at Synergy.
One was a professional weight builder in his younger days who had incredible form even in his 60s, the other was a NYS Narcotics Officer who had excellent form.

I just remembered I had 2 work out partners over 10 years ago at Synergy.
One was a professional weight builder in his younger days who had incredible form even in his 60s, the other was a NYS Narcotics Officer who had excellent form.
Did you mean "body builder" and "NYC"?

Did you mean "body builder" and "NYC"?
One was a body builder who had to travel around the world to get bit parts in movies.
The other was a NYS State Narcotics Agent who was watching people at the gym and noticed I was serious and knew what I was doing so he showed me some tricks including several 5-pound, 50 rep exercises that Narc Agents do to grapple with criminals; he said anyone lifting more than 40 pounds for fighting was a fool.

Yes or no and did your teacher suck?
I took Tai Kwon Do for 2 years and the teacher taught the watered down US shit.
I later took Karate and Tai-Chi for 10 years and the teacher was unforgiving when it came to form and function.

I can't it help it. Was he as unforgiving as this guy?

iron-crotch-kick.gif

There is much more out in the world than Happy Hippy seems to have been exposed to.

Good to hear. I'm no longer a gym rat, just do at home though it's not nearly as productive. You're genetics are only limited by your effort, I broke though mine a long time ago as I was a very skinny (poverty does that to you), though athletic kid.

I remember in university, I was in the gym 4-5 times a week, probably overtraining looking back as I'd be there for 2 hours some days, but regardless.

Some guy comes to the bench and asks if he can work in with, "sure, no problem". At this point I'm probably doing 2+ plates a side, in my prime I'd hit approx. 3 and a quarter plates a side for reps (maybe four reps and a cheat), but that's just for context of the story.

He tells me "can you take off the plates". So we strip them off and it is just a bar, he asks for a 10 pounder on each side and I spot him for about 7 or 8 reps. It's my turn again, I don't want to look like an Ahole but I want to get in my set, so I take the slow approach and tell him, "just take a rest and I spot you another in a couple of minutes". He insists that I do my work out and not slow down for me.

So we add the 45s back on each side and he spots me (I usually didn't go to failure so him being there was good for me). We go through the motion again for my set, strip the weights down and put a 10 on each side for him. I tell him "hold on, do you want to try another 5 per side"?

He was unsure but I told him I would spot him, he was in good hands. So he has 15 per side (plus the bar weight of course). He squeezes out 5 or 6 reps with some effort and I spot him the last rep. He says "alright I'm done thanks".

He then says to me "you're probably thinking who is this weakling?" I say "not at all, it's all about personal improvement, we all work our way up from our own place and you did 10 pounds more than I will have improved today".

He thanked me and went about his way.

I meant what I said to him, in my opinion who cares wtf someone can do, it's their body not mine, I just want to improve. Some lift heavy to show off (to whom?), one should lift heavy to improve and grow.

Bottom line, do your research, workout smart and strict, increase load, eat right....prosper! Good luck.
When I was 18, I joined a local gym. I was talll and skinny. I looked around and saw all these muscular guys and thought WTF am I doing here? Well, every one of those guys did nothing but encourage and help me. I went from barely able to bench press 75lbs to about 150lbs. They were all in the 300lb club but cheered when I did that.

Jewish bodies are not very good base
Idk about all that. There's this big-boned shorter than me dude around here with a "Kosher Beef" tattoo.

He's the grandson of the guy that sold Davis Island. I would bet he could bench about 335 or so.

Dude's an Ox. He couldn't kick my ass, and I'm not as strong, but he is an ox.

How do you know?
He can't move like I can and doesn't know the things I know. I mean, anybody could on any given day given a bad run of luck, but it's highly

unlikely he could touch me. He's muscle bound and I'm explosive and coordinated (somewhat) and know a lot of tricks.

WTF?! I was gonna post my thrice-weekly workout exercise, but there are no GIFs of dudes doing 12 reps with a case of beer? :aargh:

On lighter days I just do multiple 12 oz curls. :alcoholic:

💪

Last edited:

Forum List

Back