57 Buffalo cops resign from response team after officers suspended for shoving 75-year-old man to ground; DA investigating incident

They walked right past him without bothering to see if he was hurt.
He was shoved and fell backwards
Medical aid was immediately called for. Quit being such a drama queen.
If this elderly "peace activist" hadn't inserted himself where he shouldn't have been none of this would have happened. He has no right to touch, harangue and bother tactical police called out to deal with a riot.

He is a left wing brownshirt.

We call him brown eyes because he is so full of shit.

A police union representative told WKBW that the officers were following orders given to them by Deputy Police Commissioner Joe Gramaglia to clear the area and do not believe they were in the wrong.

They were never given orders to smash the heads of the elderly
It is possible to clear an area without pushing old people to the ground.

This may be true, I just wonder how they view the consequences if they hadn't cleared the area. I'm certainly not condoning this man being pushed. It's certainly unfortunate, though the cop couldn't have known he would fall back like that. He should have seen he was much older and fragile. Just walk past the guy. It became FAR worse when they lied about him tripping on his own.

One of the reasons I would like to see more former soldiers in positions of policing is I think they understand how to risk assess and use an appropriate response to the situation. Others just go into auto-pilot and rely on "use your training" mantra. That's well in good for an easily defined situation, but no amount of training can teach ones own genetic critical thinking infrastructure. Not thinking, just reacting shouldn't apply to all situations.
The guy seemed to be asking a question. A shove was unnecessary.

What you think, doesn't matter.
The riot police were tasked with clearing the streets. This guy confronted them, and I watched the video and saw him do it.
He was interfering in them doing their duty.
He got what he deserved.

That was a small push and the guy tripped .............the pavement caused the damage...........

Was not an intentional take down........incidental only.

We had a guy in the engine room who knocked knocked cold.......hit a steal deck with the back of his head falling down.......and didn't know his own name for hours..........was an asshole though............got what he deserved on that one..........not related to this old guy in the Op
The cop caused it all, if he had not pushed him, it would not have happened.
Would you rather he bashed his head in with a baton? There was no way for that officer to have foreseen the old man stumble and fall, striking his head, none whatsoever!

There was no need to push the guy.

He is a left wing brownshirt.

We call him brown eyes because he is so full of shit.
It's clear from the way he walked right up to the Buffalo cop (the only civilian in a regiment of cops) and began to put his hands on his belt and harangue him he wasn't used to listening to anyone who contradicted him.

It's too bad he stumbled backwards and cracked his noggin. It's too bad lefty was so filled with his own hubris
he didn't feel like he had to listen to anyone else. Hopefully he's learned something.

There was no need to push the guy
The push was incidental because obviously he wasn't compliant in any way.
It was his own loss of balance that caused the fall and that's his fault for being such an ass and being in a cop's face to begin with. I have little to no sympathy.

That was a small push and the guy tripped .............the pavement caused the damage...........

Was not an intentional take down........incidental only.

We had a guy in the engine room who knocked knocked cold.......hit a steal deck with the back of his head falling down.......and didn't know his own name for hours..........was an asshole though............got what he deserved on that one..........not related to this old guy in the Op
The cop caused it all, if he had not pushed him, it would not have happened.
Would you rather he bashed his head in with a baton? There was no way for that officer to have foreseen the old man stumble and fall, striking his head, none whatsoever!

There was no need to push the guy.

If I'm ordered to clear the streets, and I tell you to step back and let me through, and you refuse.... I'm going to push you.

So...yes there was. Period.

A police union representative told WKBW that the officers were following orders given to them by Deputy Police Commissioner Joe Gramaglia to clear the area and do not believe they were in the wrong.

Not if they don't FUCKING move and are agitators, dipshit.

They are wrong

The two cops were out of line
It was one cop and I'm sure he didn't think the guy would trip on that concrete ball...the other cop got on his phone and called an ambulance...and then the cops had to attend to the rioters rushing towards them....at least that's what I saw on the video...
If you lived in a civilized world, you would know that was an uncalled for use of force against a senior citizen....but unfortunately you grew up in a society filled with hate and aggression so you find the cops aggression as a nothing burger.

Not if they don't FUCKING move and are agitators, dipshit.
The proper response would be to grab him by the elbow and march him down the street. A shove is overly aggressive with an elderly person

The proper response would be to immediately check on the man when you saw him laying with his head gushing blood.

Walking by was just callous

They are wrong

The video is too short and does not give enough context about what happened before the old man was pushed

he was a curfew violator and he was walking in the wrong direction

but from what I can see the cops were not trying to hurt him but just move him along

They are wrong

The video is too short and does not give enough context about what happened before the old man was pushed

but from what I can see the cops were not trying to hurt him but just move him along

He was the only demonstrator in the area of police. He was no threat. Gently grab him by the elbow and start marching him where you want him to go.

You don’t treat the elderly or handicapped the same as someone who may be threatening you.

Walking by was just callous
The officer in charge immediately called for medical assistance

Watch the video
Four officers see him laying on the ground bleeding and just walk on by. Why would the guy who shoved him not stop immediately ?

The fact that someone eventually figured they should call does not help your case

They are wrong

He was the only demonstrator in the area of police. He was no threat. Gently grab him by the elbow and start marching him where you want him to go.

You don’t treat the elderly or handicapped the same as someone who may be threatening you.
We are both supposing here because neither of us were there

but the cops were clearing the streets at curfew time

The old guy appeared to be arguing instead of complying with the orders of der fuhrer who rules Buffalo

And I dont think the cop was trying to hurt him

Four officers see him laying on the ground bleeding and just walk on by.
I saw the video

One officer was going to look at him but was told to keep walking by his commander

Who was at the same time summoning medical assistance on his radio

The fact that someone eventually figured they should call does not help your case
There was no “eventually” to it

the ranking police officer IMMEDIATELY called for medical assistance
Do you SEE anyone stop and see if he is OK?

You shove an old man and see him fall back and have his head slam to the ground. Oh, no...what did I do? Sorry sir, are you OK?

It is called compassion

In case the police haven’t figured it out, these protests are about a lack of compassion by police. As in....You can’t breathe? Let me release the pressure on your neck

Wow, did ANYONE expect this?! I will say, whatever side you are on the issue of the push that hurt that older gentleman, this response is that of people truly putting their money where their mouth is.

57 Buffalo cops resign from response team after officers suspended for shoving 75-year-old man to ground; DA investigating incident

All 57 officers of the Buffalo Police Emergency Response team resigned Friday afternoon in support of two police officers who were suspended without pay after shoving a 75-year-old man to the ground during a protest.

While the members of the emergency response team resigned from their specific roles, they did not resign from the police department altogether and are still employed.

Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown said in a statement his office "is aware of developments related to the world assignments of certain members of the Buffalo police force."

He added: "At this time, we can confirm that contingency plans are in place to maintain police services and ensure public safety within our community."
They don't want police. Their wish be granted.

ALL POLICE SHOULD RESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back