49 year old beta-male-career-slacker-student gets his $250K student loan forgiven

SHEEESH I struggled to keep my loans to a minimum---lived like---uhm---an aesthetic ----and managed to pay them off thru thick and thin---as a single mother (no---i was married at the time but the father was a slacking bum--the ex was so greedy asked---what happens if you don't pay ) ----uhm---the whole idea of "forgiving" the loans strikes me as---kinda 'not fair'
Sacrifice Has No Merit. Let Those Who Benefit Most Fund Talent.

1714440822757.png

What's really stupid is that people actually believe that.

The interest is the cost of the loan. They agreed to loan the money in the first place because of the interest. So yes, taxpayers are footing the bill. 100%. It's completely idiotic to say that the interest doesn't count. So if I buy a house for $100,000 and pay it off for 30 years, and pay a total of $225,000 for that house, the $125,000 I paid over and above the cost of the house doesn't count? Because it wasn't really borrowed? Do I get it back?

And now that taxpayers have bailed his ass out, he can go find himself in India, and no doubt he'll get more student loans that can be paid off by REAL workers!
Thanks Joe!!!!

View attachment 937272

A Gen Xer who got $250,000 in student loans forgiven said he can now finally start saving for retirement — and consider his dream of studying in India​

• Joel Lambdin, 49, received $250,000 in student-loan forgiveness in January.
  • It's a result of the Education Department's one-time account adjustments.
  • Lambdin said the relief would allow him to save for retirement and consider long-term dreams.

DemoKKKrat con artist.

What's really stupid is that people actually believe that.

The interest is the cost of the loan. They agreed to loan the money in the first place because of the interest. So yes, taxpayers are footing the bill. 100%. It's completely idiotic to say that the interest doesn't count. So if I buy a house for $100,000 and pay it off for 30 years, and pay a total of $225,000 for that house, the $125,000 I paid over and above the cost of the house doesn't count? Because it wasn't really borrowed? Do I get it back?
But these are loans, not houses. Education is not tangible like houses.

Kids don't know what they're doing. That's why they seek higher education. FAFSA (<--link) just sounds so damned innocent, helpful, and inviting, no?

Forum List

Back