49 year old beta-male-career-slacker-student gets his $250K student loan forgiven

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
And now that taxpayers have bailed his ass out, he can go find himself in India, and no doubt he'll get more student loans that can be paid off by REAL workers!
Thanks Joe!!!!

1713999763007.png

A Gen Xer who got $250,000 in student loans forgiven said he can now finally start saving for retirement — and consider his dream of studying in India​

• Joel Lambdin, 49, received $250,000 in student-loan forgiveness in January.
  • It's a result of the Education Department's one-time account adjustments.
  • Lambdin said the relief would allow him to save for retirement and consider long-term dreams.

• Joel Lambdin finished graduate school in 1998 — but as a professional musician, he was hardly making enough money to pay off his student loans and other bills.

So Lambdin, now 49, said his only option to make ends meet was to put his student loans in forbearance — in which he was not making payments but interest was still accumulating.

I only owe around 8 grand. Why can't I get my car loan forgiven?

Well yeah, exactly.
In one of Biden's many speeches about having taxpayers pay these debts, Biden referred to these loans as "crushing debt". So my question is, why aren't mortgages, or car loans, etc, "crushing debt" as well? Why doesn't he pay these off too?

Of course we know the answer. He's been struggling with the support from young people, so he's looking for ways to buy their votes.

Before the election, he'll be buying other groups off, such as Hispanics where he's been showing weaknesses.

And now that taxpayers have bailed his ass out, he can go find himself in India, and no doubt he'll get more student loans that can be paid off by REAL workers!
Thanks Joe!!!!

View attachment 937272

A Gen Xer who got $250,000 in student loans forgiven said he can now finally start saving for retirement — and consider his dream of studying in India​

• Lambdin said the relief would allow him to save for retirement and consider long-term dreams.

I heard about this the other day…now that he got his student loans paid off…he wants to go study in India where he’ll probably rack up more student loans.

That got me to thinking…so, if we do a loan forgiveness for all these people, what’s to keep them from going into debt again for more education? Maybe continuing on to get their master or phd. Will they accrue more student loans and hope for another government payoff?

I heard about this the other day…now that he got his student loans paid off…he wants to go study in India where he’ll probably rack up more student loans.

That got me to thinking…so, if we do a loan forgiveness for all these people, what’s to keep them from going into debt again for more education? Maybe continuing on to get their master or phd. Will they accrue more student loans and hope for another government payoff?

As long as Biden, or a Dim is in the White House, these freeloaders can expect to have taxpayers pay their bills.

Thanks Joe!!!!

View attachment 937272

An outlier. The exception, not the rule.

An outlier. The exception, not the rule.
The problem is people are biting off more than is necessary or effective for a degree for which there is a job market. Far too many students and their parents are grabbing taxpayer money to spend $250k-$300k on a major in a field for which there is no job market. As a taxpayer, I gladly support a student who takes a loan for 2 years at a local community college, 2 years at an in-state university, and concentration in a field for which there is a job market…. All at cost of maybe $75k-$100k.

There needs to be restrictions and limits so these abuses can stop.

Wouldn't you think at some point this clown would have manned up, looked in the mirror, and admit to himself that what he was doing was not working out, and taken steps to get a fucking job that pays his bills?

Thanks Joe!!!!

View attachment 937272

Loser

Thanks Joe!!!!

View attachment 937272

SHEEESH I struggled to keep my loans to a minimum---lived like---uhm---an aesthetic ----and managed to pay them off thru thick and thin---as a single mother (no---i was married at the time but the father was a slacking bum--the ex was so greedy asked---what happens if you don't pay ) ----uhm---the whole idea of "forgiving" the loans strikes me as---kinda 'not fair'

SHEEESH I struggled to keep my loans to a minimum---lived like---uhm---an aesthetic ----and managed to pay them off thru thick and thin---as a single mother (no---i was married at the time but the father was a slacking bum--the ex was so greedy asked---what happens if you don't pay ) ----uhm---the whole idea of "forgiving" the loans strikes me as---kinda 'not fair'

My husband and I paid our loans back. It wasn't easy starting out but we managed.

Now we have to pay for irresponsible losers like in the OP. Something is seriously wrong

Forum List

Back