43900 year old painting

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Though this is on going it delves into History

A 43,900-year-old cave painting is the oldest story ever recorded

Archaeologists say it might also contain the oldest known religious images.

Not sure about the religious aspect but it's not totally inconceivable

In my younger years I didn't have a clue about this kind of stuff- in my later years, after reading a lot, I can say I have two regrets in my life- No.1, not being a prosaic story teller, and No.2, I wish I had known about this kind of stuff when I was younger- in my later life I've often thought I'd really enjoy being an archeologist or anthropologist

In my younger years I didn't have a clue about this kind of stuff- in my later years, after reading a lot, I can say I have two regrets in my life- No.1, not being a prosaic story teller, and No.2, I wish I had known about this kind of stuff when I was younger- in my later life I've often thought I'd really enjoy being an archeologist or anthropologist
How cool!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

It aint to late. They are always looking volunters on digs. It is a shit load of work. You can go and be a part of such a thing.

I have a buddy that bought a good metal detector and asks landowners if he can artifact hunt
He has found some pretty cool things.
Near the border with Ontario there is a few lakes in the MN BWCA where you can see ancient native pictures on the rock walls along the shore. Signs of trails and paths, habitation, hundreds even thousands of years old from the fur trapping trade long before statehood. Always cool to think about the folks before and what traveling through that area in the past would have been like. There are confirmed burial sites all over North America dating back thousands of years.

Really got a kick in Arizona exploring those cliff dwellings long ago abandoned.

I have a buddy that bought a good metal detector and asks landowners if he can artifact hunt
He has found some pretty cool things.
Near the border with Ontario there is a few lakes in the MN BWCA where you can see ancient native pictures on the rock walls along the shore. Signs of trails and paths, habitation, hundreds even thousands of years old from the fur trapping trade long before statehood. Always cool to think about the folks before and what traveling through that area in the past would have been like. There are confirmed burial sites all over North America dating back thousands of years.

Really got a kick in Arizona exploring those cliff dwellings long ago abandoned.
We've got petroglyphs up here on the shores, too, and I found out recently that if you find such a site, it was not just a couple of natives sitting around and doodling "Leroy was here." Only the shaman, who was a Really Big Deal, carved the glyphs; it was a record of the celebration that had just been held there. So you can fill in the blanks the next time you see some.
There is a ledge of glyphs on our family's old homestead property and back when it was settled there was a huge mountain of clam shells showing the natives had been there every year for get togethers. Now that I know what the glyphs meant, I can picture them doing their dances and ceremonies in the fields leading down to the water. It wasn't just a big clam bake.

Fascinating article. And this..."The deposits have been slowly growing over the hunting mural for at least 49,300 years..." What a staggering amount of time. Was the creature who made that art even fully human?

And if you want to be an anthropologist you should be an anthropologist.

Fascinating article. And this..."The deposits have been slowly growing over the hunting mural for at least 49,300 years..." What a staggering amount of time. Was the creature who made that art even fully human?

That immediately made me wonder what pics are already covered under the rock?
Also, what did they use for paint? Because I want me some.

It aint to late. They are always looking volunters on digs. It is a shit load of work. You can go and be a part of such a thing.
I'm too old for that shit load of work and it'd kill me trying to get in good enough shape :) Just walking to the sites would be too taxing- and I imagine 4 wheelers are out of the question- if I did it at all it'd have to be not far from where I live, SE Texas- I refuse to be treated like a common criminal to fly- that said, a couple, maybe 3 years ago I was doing some reading about Pyote because I'm interested in Indian culture- anyway, one link led to another and I found myself reading about a buried city east and north of Amarillo- there have been some interesting finds here in the US- I have been intrigued for a long time about the Pueblo Dwellers in Co and New Mexico who seemingly just vanished- I find this stuff interesting as all get out

That immediately made me wonder what pics are already covered under the rock?
Also, what did they use for paint? Because I want me some.
Lanco industrial. They also invented a time machine to send it back

I'm too old for that shit load of work and it'd kill me trying to get in good enough shape :) Just walking to the sites would be too taxing- and I imagine 4 wheelers are out of the question- if I did it at all it'd have to be not far from where I live, SE Texas- I refuse to be treated like a common criminal to fly- that said, a couple, maybe 3 years ago I was doing some reading about Pyote because I'm interested in Indian culture- anyway, one link led to another and I found myself reading about a buried city east and north of Amarillo- there have been some interesting finds here in the US- I have been intrigued for a long time about the Pueblo Dwellers in Co and New Mexico who seemingly just vanished- I find this stuff interesting as all get out
Read the yaqui way of life? Read that way back in 7th grade iteresting stuff.. Ya, beleive there are sites rigth here in the good old USA. I spent some time exploring the desert back when I was young, may have even ran onto a peyote button or two alopng the way. I plan to do it again soon. I was in realy bad shape not long ago after years of sitting in front of a computer and behind the wheele of a car. I got serious about getting healthy ditched that bitch of a wife of mine and started working on fishing boats. I am now in pretty good shape and can again live an active life style. I finally have a deal inplace to rid my self of that lead weight I was talking about and could soon reopen my old buisness and make the big bucks again. I will not do this most likely. plan to lead a life of adventure till I die now. Trying to get that 500 ton plus lisence then I can get a good job as captain on a large boat and see the world on other people money. Ya , I plan to see some of those acheological sites along the way.

Forum List

Back