39 Years Ago Today

I doubt it.
Prove me wrong by answering this question:

"What kind of Democracy divides its citizens into two kinds?"

"Uri Avnery, a peace activist and former member of the parliament, said the current nationality system gave Jews living abroad a far greater stake in Israel than its 1.3 million Arab citizens.

"The State of Israel cannot recognize an 'Israeli' nation because it is the state of the 'Jewish' nation . . . it belongs to the Jews of Brooklyn, Budapest and Buenos Aires, even though these consider themselves as belonging to the American, Hungarian or Argentine nations."

Jonathan Cook, "'Israeli Nation' vs. 'Jewish State'"

Why does the Jewish State refuse to recognize an Israeli nationality?

"A nation may refer to a community of people who share a common language, culture, ethnicity, descent, or history. In this definition, a nation has no physical borders.
However, it can also refer to people who share a common territory and government (for example the inhabitants of a sovereign state) irrespective of their ethnic make-up."
Nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In this case, Cook is using the two meanings interchageably in order to express his hate for Israel and for Jews.
Bogus yet soooooo typical.
Citizens of any country (nation) are by definition of that nationality ... no state recognition of that fact is required!
True or False:

The Jewish State belongs to the Jewish nation, including the Jews of the diaspora.

In other words:

"The State of Israel cannot recognize an 'Israeli' nation because it is the state of the 'Jewish' nation . . . it belongs to the Jews of Brooklyn, Budapest and Buenos Aires, even though these consider themselves as belonging to the American, Hungarian or Argentine nations."

Let's jump to the bottom line for a moment. Are you positing that Israel, as a Jewish State, is not nor can it be a democracy?

That is a matter for the Israelis to work out, Princess, and of no significance to the conflict. It's just your way of expressing your hatred.
There are far more sincere and credible voices debating the matter than John Cook.
Try the Daily Beast, for instance.

That is a matter for the Israelis to work out, Princess, and of no significance to the conflict. It's just your way of expressing your hatred.
There are far more sincere and credible voices debating the matter than John Cook.
Sure thing, Pathic.
And South African Apartheid was a matter for South Africans to work out.
Why don't you link to one of those "more sincere and credible voices debating (this) matter?"
FrontPage??

Sure thing, Pathic.
Why don't you link to one of those "more sincere and credible voices debating (this) matter?"
FrontPage??

The nature of a country's democracy (they won't all use the US model) is for its citizens to decide, Princess, and Israel does not qualify as a S.A. Apartheid state.
Here's the link you requested:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ASZmgE&usg=AFQjCNGRmPueNrXtRaujtp0L_u6rIN-7Iw

Sure thing, Pathic.
FrontPage??

The nature of a country's democracy (they won't all use the US model) is for its citizens to decide, Princess, and Israel does not qualify as a S.A. Apartheid state.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ASZmgE&usg=AFQjCNGRmPueNrXtRaujtp0L_u6rIN-7Iw
All of its citizens, or only those "chosen" by the Law of Return?

"It (Israel) is also a society where at least officially, all citizens enjoy full equality, regardless of ethnic status, including its Arab minority, which makes up 20 percent of the population.

Yet due to its inherent pro-Jewish mandate, Israeli society remains stymied by legal and cultural practices far more reminiscent of its theocratic neighbors than the democratic West. Civil marriages, let alone mixed marriages between Arabs and Jews, are forbidden. Jews enjoy preferential access to land ownership throughout most of the country.

"Israel’s sacred Law of Return potentially guarantees more rights to foreign-born Jews than native-born Arabs.

"And, most crucially, government entities like the Population Registry and national identity cards create, from birth, a state-sanctioned paper trail of ethnic division and inequality."

Do Israelis Exist? - The Daily Beast

Israel's law of return is a response to the situation jews face in the SORROUNDING COUNTRIES and in the world of tinnytype islamo nazi pigs I agree that all lands should confer strict equality to all persons------the place to start is saudi arabia where 20% of the residents are non muslims who have no rights at all. to the delight of tinnie In saudi arabia a christian who sits on a park bench reading a bible is comitting a CRIME His bible will be confiscated and destroyed and he will be criminally prosecuted. The US military does have personnel stationed over there but as a matter of quite policy-----does not send jews ----of course the country does smuggle jewish doctors in when someone important gets sick

Sure thing, Pathic.
FrontPage??

"It (Israel) is also a society where at least officially, all citizens enjoy full equality, regardless of ethnic status, including its Arab minority, which makes up 20 percent of the population.

Yet due to its inherent pro-Jewish mandate, Israeli society remains stymied by legal and cultural practices far more reminiscent of its theocratic neighbors than the democratic West. Civil marriages, let alone mixed marriages between Arabs and Jews, are forbidden. Jews enjoy preferential access to land ownership throughout most of the country.

"Israel’s sacred Law of Return potentially guarantees more rights to foreign-born Jews than native-born Arabs.

"And, most crucially, government entities like the Population Registry and national identity cards create, from birth, a state-sanctioned paper trail of ethnic division and inequality."

You see Princess? Even Jews argue the nature of Israel's democracy in order to find a balance between real justice for all her citizens and the need to be the Jewish Homeland.
It's a tricky balance but I believe they will find it.
Now where in the Arab/Muslim World is there discussion about finding a balance between justice and the need to be Islamic? I'll wait here but I won't hold my breath. :D

///////// <<<< islamo nazi pigs DEPEND on a completely slanted out-look-----it is all they have for their "logic"

You see Princess? Even Jews argue the nature of Israel's democracy in order to find a balance between real justice for all her citizens and the need to be the Jewish Homeland.
Now where in the Arab/Muslim World is there discussion about finding a balance between justice and the need to be Islamic? I'll wait here but I won't hold my breath. :D
Israel proved its commitment to democracy in 1948 when 650,000 Jews inflicted a racist, theocratic state on 1.2 million Arabs and others; pathic punks like you never have an answer for that crime. The best you can manage is to spam about Muslim atrocities elsewhere. It really reduces to a very simple axiom, Jews are NOT that special.

Israel proved its commitment to democracy in 1948 when 650,000 Jews inflicted a racist, theocratic state on 1.2 million Arabs and others; pathic punks like you never have an answer for that crime. The best you can manage is to spam about Muslim atrocities elsewhere. It really reduces to a very simple axiom, Jews are NOT that special.

And while that is certainly true it is also true that you and your Arab/Muslim comrades are something far less. What they proved in attacking the nascent state of Israel in 1948 was that hate and intolerance was and remains all they have to offer to this world. :D

Israel's law of return is a response to the situation jews face in the SORROUNDING COUNTRIES and in the world of tinnytype islamo nazi pigs I agree that all lands should confer strict equality to all persons------the place to start is saudi arabia where 20% of the residents are non muslims who have no rights at all. to the delight of tinnie In saudi arabia a christian who sits on a park bench reading a bible is comitting a CRIME His bible will be confiscated and destroyed and he will be criminally prosecuted. The US military does have personnel stationed over there but as a matter of quite policy-----does not send jews ----of course the country does smuggle jewish doctors in when someone important gets sick

What Bollocks:eusa_hand:

SO Very True...but you realize George these Guys are 50 cents short of a Dollar.steve

SO Very True...but you realize George these Guys are 50 cents short of a Dollar.steve

While you and Georgie are every bit of 99 cents short of that dollar, Princess. :D

While you and Georgie are every bit of 99 cents short of that dollar, Princess. :D

Stop being a bloody bore,be original Say,this isn't the first time I have had to pull you up on your recidivistic plagiarism.

be good steve

I doubt it.
Prove me wrong by answering this question:

"What kind of Democracy divides its citizens into two kinds?"

"Uri Avnery, a peace activist and former member of the parliament, said the current nationality system gave Jews living abroad a far greater stake in Israel than its 1.3 million Arab citizens.

Why does the Jewish State refuse to recognize an Israeli nationality?

"A nation may refer to a community of people who share a common language, culture, ethnicity, descent, or history. In this definition, a nation has no physical borders.
However, it can also refer to people who share a common territory and government (for example the inhabitants of a sovereign state) irrespective of their ethnic make-up."
Nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In this case, Cook is using the two meanings interchageably in order to express his hate for Israel and for Jews.
Bogus yet soooooo typical.
Citizens of any country (nation) are by definition of that nationality ... no state recognition of that fact is required!
True or False:

The Jewish State belongs to the Jewish nation, including the Jews of the diaspora.

In other words:

In other words, Israel isn't a democratic state, it's about religion, just like the jihad countries. :clap2:

The clowns are at it again they imagine that they have demonstrated that there are no democracies in the world and Israel is one of the "not-democracies" --------try not to let them know that they, clearly, do not understand the DEFINITION OF DEMOCRACY

anyone interested in the origin of fascism-------read PLATO's REPUBLIC

And while that is certainly true it is also true that you and your Arab/Muslim comrades are something far less. What they proved in attacking the nascent state of Israel in 1948 was that hate and intolerance was and remains all they have to offer to this world. :D

Silly comment as it was infact the Terrorist Jewish Nazi inspired Zionists who started these ATTACKS(murders)and banishment of Palestinians from their own homes and LAND... O how the Israeli Lakkies try to distort the truth and actual FACTS.

It's called muddying the waters,which they are prone to do to hide their GUILTINESS:eusa_hand:

Last edited:
The clowns are at it again they imagine that they have demonstrated that there are no democracies in the world and Israel is one of the "not-democracies" --------try not to let them know that they, clearly, do not understand the DEFINITION OF DEMOCRACY

anyone interested in the origin of fascism-------read PLATO's REPUBLIC

Plato's Republic!!! of which chapters of,were included in the Zionists Little Blue Book.

See Rosie,theliq is all knowing and sooooo smart as to crumble your arguement into the dust of mankind or that should read Zionistkind to be accurate

Forum List

Back