37 Million Honey Bees Dead in Canada

Moar bees, please.

snl_killer_bees_small.jpg

Bee Mites Suppress Bee Immunity, Open Door For Viruses And Bacteria

May 18, 2005 — A non-native bee mite is causing the dramatic and sudden collapse of bee colonies across the country, but Penn State researchers believe they have found the combination of factors that triggers colony deaths which includes suppression of the bee immune system by the mites.

May 18, 2005 — A non-native bee mite is causing the dramatic and sudden collapse of bee colonies across the country, but Penn State researchers believe they have found the combination of factors that triggers colony deaths which includes suppression of the bee immune system by the mites.

Republicans call such research "wasted money". They believe science is a faith they don't believe in, evolution a lie and climate change a conspiracy. I loved it when one of their presidential candidates said "vaccines cause autism".

Republicans call such research "wasted money". They believe science is a faith they don't believe in, evolution a lie and climate change a conspiracy. I loved it when one of their presidential candidates said "vaccines cause autism".
Would you please once and for all shut the fuck up with the nonsensical "Republicans...." bullshit. You are so repetitively nauseous it's not even funny. You've got some serious psychological issues. Get some fresh air for fuck's sake.

Get out and smell the roses or stay here and whiff my Republican ass, for which you are nowhere near deserving. You're such a bung-lover.

That's what happens when you bring NON-NATIVE bees to a continent.

They bring with them NON-NATIVE bugs that can kill them.

^ Makes me sad just thinking about it. But...I am happy to say I have not found any more dead or dying bees for over a week. Front yard is full of them happily flittering around and I am happy when I get to play with them. Nothing fascinates me more than to watch a bee on my finger groom itself.

That's what happens when you bring NON-NATIVE bees to a continent.

They bring with them NON-NATIVE bugs that can kill them

(My bold)

Nah, the causality is wrong. Honeybees did fine in N. America from their importation by Europeans in the early 1600s. If the mites came with them, the honeybees would never have established themselves in the New World.

The suggested problem also fails to address the widespread honeybee colony collapses in Europe. If the mite comes from Europe, as US honeybees did originally, the bees & mites should have come to some kind of symbiosis by now - all these centuries after honeybees were introduced into the New World.

The bumble bee follow up in Oregon DOES link the kill to a nicotinoid pesticide.. And the IMPROPER USE of this pesticide as labeled.. The stuff I just read says there is no real public health hazard from this class of pesticide.

Problem in our society is that we are faced with so many HYSTERICAL silly warnings, that we don't take ANY of them seriously..

Relying instead on the lefty wisdom that "if it wasn't safe for me to spray on my dog -- the govt wouldn't sell it --- RIGHT? "

Our judgement muscles are atrophying -- quickly --- with the rise of dependence on govt and warnings and lawyers..

The great honey bee die off began 7 years ago. Which crops have failed because of this? Answer...none. Clearly there are plenty of other insects ready to step in and do what the missing honey bees aren't.

I like honeybees as much as the next guy, but it is obvious by now that we aren't going to starve because they are disappearing.

The great honey bee die off began 7 years ago. Which crops have failed because of this? Answer...none. Clearly there are plenty of other insects ready to step in and do what the missing honey bees aren't.

I like honeybees as much as the next guy, but it is obvious by now that we aren't going to starve because they are disappearing.

Uh the reason crops haven't been affected is because bees are still alive idiot. Yes, lets just wait and see, fuck science and Nature! They don't know shit!

SSDD knows that if bees disappeared we'd all still be eating. WOW! Based on his research or typing two sentences into a Message board

Actually, science is based on observation.

When you observe crop failure, then you can make the correlation.

Not before.

So what crops have failed again? Cuz billions of bees are dying all over the world...surely SOMETHING has failed, SOMEWHERE? How about in Hillsboro, where 50,000 dropped after they sprayed the trees (moronic city workers, what do you expect). Hillsboro is in a farming community..surely the crops those bees tended croaked...right?

If not, leave out the untrue laments. You can be despairing of the plight of the honeybee without the added theatrics and hysteria.

Actually, science is based on observation.

When you observe crop failure, then you can make the correlation.

Not before.

So what crops have failed again? Cuz billions of bees are dying all over the world...surely SOMETHING has failed, SOMEWHERE? How about in Hillsboro, where 50,000 dropped after they sprayed the trees (moronic city workers, what do you expect). Hillsboro is in a farming community..surely the crops those bees tended croaked...right?

If not, leave out the untrue laments. You can be despairing of the plight of the honeybee without the added theatrics and hysteria.

These people don't understand observation and how it relates to the real world. We are all going to die with the bees according to them even though even after 7 years of the great bee die off, bumper crops just keep rolling in.

Forum List

Back