30 Days To a New You

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
This is worth trying for a month. If I can get motivated enough to stick with it then I'm sure I will have more energy and just feel better overall. Definitely a good thing to do in the winter, I think, and the sun will not be an option though.

246717320_10226783687921530_2638376264724489792_n.jpg

I started a lifestyle change about 8 weeks ago now. At 51 years old and (was 245 lbs) now 235lbs I feel better than I have in 15 years. Planning on running a marathon in a year. Yes that is a VERY lofty goal but im shooting for it.

I don't get enough sleep....but im trying
I drink plenty of water
I get sun
I take in ALMOST no sugar. very little
never been a reader
Workout 5 days a week. 3 of those days are twice a days
I eat a ton of fruits and veggies. LOTS OF PROTEIN and some carbs
No meditation

it isn't bad advice just for generalized health.

The no sugar part is the key to everything.

Sugar is society's largest poison.
I didn't realize this most of my life.....even AFTER being diagnosed diabetic.

But yes, the shit is pure poison. Every bit as bad for you as smoking and just as addictive

If that basic regimen makes a person unrecognizable in 30 days, they must be an absolute mess.
The no sugar part would actually be an extremely significant change for most people. Americans consume way too much sugar. It's fueling the obesity epidemic.

The no sugar part would actually be an extremely significant change for most people. Americans consume way too much sugar. It's fueling the obesity epidemic.
That and providing many a dentist with job security. Sugar left on teeth too long acts like tiny bugs scurrying away eating the enamel.

A friend of mine‘s son, when he was a preschooler, didn’t like brushing his teeth and would throw fits…. until his dentist showed him pictures of gum disease. He did a 180°!

It's not sugar per se but the sugar that isn't metabolized as fuel.

Don’t forget to decrease sodium. Eliminating added table salt from meals makes a big difference in blood pressure and water retention. Always been a much bigger struggle for me than sugars. I love salt.

Don’t forget to decrease sodium. Eliminating added table salt from meals makes a big difference in blood pressure and water retention. Always been a much bigger struggle for me than sugars. I love salt.
I was able to conquer sugar. After being diagnosed as diabetic I had no choice.

But salt is so damn good!!!!! I just can't kick it.

I was able to conquer sugar. After being diagnosed as diabetic I had no choice.

But salt is so damn good!!!!! I just can't kick it.
Well sugar is more harmful over all when consumed in excess. So that’s good you beat it.

yeah, it’s hard to eat stuff like meat, potatoes, rice without salt. I grew up in a family where we even salted ham and canned soup so I’m used to salting everything.

trying to use only mrs dash right now. Once you get used to it it isn’t so bad. Like switching to diet pop.

Forum List

Back