3 year old fined $2500 for public urination

The act of pissing and getting fined for it is somewhat acceptable but the amount - $2400? That's a bit over the top for pissing in public. Maybe $250 or something at most...it seems extraordinarily out of proportion with the act itself. In this case, its too heavy handed and the cop should have given a warning.

Q: How repressed do one have to be to be offended when they see a tottler pee outside?

A: You have to be truly and sadly repressed.

As to the cop?

They ought to fire that idiot immediately.

Clearly he does not have the brains god gave geese.

Lol, it's ok to not have kids.

I only mention it because I think your opinion will change once you do. I have a 3 year old and a heap of nephews, so I understand how much little boys enjoy peeing on trees and if it's the difference between having an accident and peeing outside, I'd tell them to go for it.

The only thing better than peeing on trees is peeing in the snow

Women don't know what they are missing

I only mention it because I think your opinion will change once you do. I have a 3 year old and a heap of nephews, so I understand how much little boys enjoy peeing on trees and if it's the difference between having an accident and peeing outside, I'd tell them to go for it.

Not just peeing in the snow but writing while peeing in the snow.

[youtube]w2BdAArA8CE[/youtube]

Not just peeing in the snow but writing while peeing in the snow.

[youtube]w2BdAArA8CE[/youtube]

Very true.

Little kids can learn potty training and the alphabet at the same time!

The boy might be just a toddler, but he should have been taught that he needs to go to the toliet, or potty, if he needs to pee. You can't have people, make or female, young or old, pulling their pants down and pissing in front of the neighbours.

The cop, however, should have let her off with a warning, and told her to train her son to go visit the bathroom next time.

Nope

Its a vital step towards manhood....men love to pee outside

he should've peed on the cops feet :p

seriously it is a little boy learning how to pee..maybe next time he goes behind a tree instead but ye..erg too stupid for words.

Just watch out for the electric fence!

Let me add something to this story.

I have a friend who married in to this very family. The reason the cop was in that area at that time is because they're watching that house.
The mother has 12 children, all who are "home" schooled(which they really aren't) and has no control over them. The father is inactive, he gets home and spends the evening in his room watching tv. A few of the older teenagers are ruling that house and are dealing narcotics out of it, the mother knows and the cops do as well, which is why the cops are posted up in that neighborhood. The child caught peeing outside is being raised by a child.
I see this almost like an Al Capone scenario... They couldn't get him for all his atrocities but got him on tax evasion. Difference is that the cops will eventually catch them.

The mother should be lucky that it's been dropped but if she keeps pushing this matter, more will come to light! Hell, she was talking about Dr. Phil's people getting a hold of her(didn't know that fool still had a show).

I have a friend who married in to this very family. The reason the cop was in that area at that time is because they're watching that house.
The mother has 12 children, all who are "home" schooled(which they really aren't) and has no control over them. The father is inactive, he gets home and spends the evening in his room watching tv. A few of the older teenagers are ruling that house and are dealing narcotics out of it, the mother knows and the cops do as well, which is why the cops are posted up in that neighborhood. The child caught peeing outside is being raised by a child.
I see this almost like an Al Capone scenario... They couldn't get him for all his atrocities but got him on tax evasion. Difference is that the cops will eventually catch them.

The mother should be lucky that it's been dropped but if she keeps pushing this matter, more will come to light! Hell, she was talking about Dr. Phil's people getting a hold of her(didn't know that fool still had a show).

The police seems to see things differently. To publicly castigate one of their own brings competency, training and professionalism into question and may complicate any further actions.

"After filing an official complaint against the officer and the ticket, both mother and daughter were interviewed by police and told that officers were monitoring their neighborhood in response to nuisance calls in the area."
Toddler’s Public Potty Break Gets $2,500 Ticket, Then an Apology - ABC News

“If this is a problem…what happens in a critical situation that requires good judgment?,” City Manager Jim Crosby said. “You do worry about how this carries over into a critical situation.”

Crosby admitted that concern over Qualls’ judgment was raised on Tuesday when he brandished his weapon while responding to a burglary alarm call in Piedmont. Details of the incident were not immediately available, and there has been no indication Qualls acted inappropriately during the call, but Crosby said the poor judgment shown in issuing the citation to Warden is a factor when considering how the officer may respond in more serious situations like Tuesday’s alarm call."

Details emerge, concerns raised following police incident | Piedmont Daily

Piedmont Police Chief Alex Oblein said, “It would’ve been much better served by going, ‘Hey, the child should go in the bathroom. Have a nice day,’. “Just a regular verbal warning would’ve been nice or talk to the parents about it might not be appropriate to have your child urinating out here in full view of the public. That’s the way I would have liked to have seen it handled.

Chief says public urination situation could have been handled better | Piedmont Daily

The incident began last Sunday in the now ironically-named town of Piedmont, Okla., north of Oklahoma City. Jennifer Warden and her daughter, 21-year-old Ashley Warden, were approached by a local police officer who had been perched at the end of their quiet cul-de-sac of homes.

“He came over and said, ‘Give me your ID,’” Jennifer Warden said of the officer, later identified as Officer Ken Qualls. “I just stood there a minute, and then I asked him why did he need my ID and he said, ‘Public urination.’”

Qualls was looking in the direction of Ashley Warden’s 3-year-old son, Dillon, who had pulled his pants down at the end of their home’s driveway to relieve himself

When Ashley Warden, who was unavailable for comment today due to her work schedule, came back outside, Qualls issued her a $2,500 ticket for her son’s public urination.

“‘It doesn’t matter because it’s public urination and in public view,’” Warden said Qualls responded when the mother and daughter protested that Dillon was just a toddler and that he was on their two-and-a-half acres of private property, where they’ve lived for eight years.

Clearly a result of all those fucking commie liberals in Oklahoma. THe state is just overflowing with them.

3 year old fined $2500 for public urination

Fail.

Mother fined for not supervising her kid

Fixed it for you.

No the OP does as the boy wasn't the one fined. Either that or he intentionally fabricated the title. More than likely the latter. Either way it wouldn't have happened if not one but TWO adults were doing their jobs.

No the OP does as the boy wasn't the one fined. Either that or he intentionally fabricated the title. More than likely the latter. Either way it wouldn't have happened if not one but TWO adults were doing their jobs.

I used to send my kid outside to pee

More fun than using the toilet

The police seems to see things differently. To publicly castigate one of their own brings competency, training and professionalism into question and may complicate any further actions.

"After filing an official complaint against the officer and the ticket, both mother and daughter were interviewed by police and told that officers were monitoring their neighborhood in response to nuisance calls in the area."

“If this is a problem…what happens in a critical situation that requires good judgment?,” City Manager Jim Crosby said. “You do worry about how this carries over into a critical situation.”

Crosby admitted that concern over Qualls’ judgment was raised on Tuesday when he brandished his weapon while responding to a burglary alarm call in Piedmont. Details of the incident were not immediately available, and there has been no indication Qualls acted inappropriately during the call, but Crosby said the poor judgment shown in issuing the citation to Warden is a factor when considering how the officer may respond in more serious situations like Tuesday’s alarm call."

Piedmont Police Chief Alex Oblein said, “It would’ve been much better served by going, ‘Hey, the child should go in the bathroom. Have a nice day,’. “Just a regular verbal warning would’ve been nice or talk to the parents about it might not be appropriate to have your child urinating out here in full view of the public. That’s the way I would have liked to have seen it handled.

Chief says public urination situation could have been handled better | Piedmont Daily

The nuisance calls were for the teenage boys in that house for harassing new neighbors the day before, a yard was damaged. The cop was sitting there waiting to see if there was going to be any more retaliation on the new neighbors. I'm kind of surprised the cops don't tell about all the other calls they have had on this family.
This family will eventually get caught with something more damning, Piedmont is a small town after all. I'll be interested to see if their fall will be as nationally televised as this peeing incident. If not, I'll keep this thread bookmarked and will let you all know.

The nuisance calls were for the teenage boys in that house for harassing new neighbors the day before, a yard was damaged. The cop was sitting there waiting to see if there was going to be any more retaliation on the new neighbors. I'm kind of surprised the cops don't tell about all the other calls they have had on this family.
This family will eventually get caught with something more damning, Piedmont is a small town after all. I'll be interested to see if their fall will be as nationally televised as this peeing incident. If not, I'll keep this thread bookmarked and will let you all know.

"This family will eventually get caught with something more damning"

So they're all in it together, I guess? When we catch them do we ship them all off to North Korea style re-eduction camps? What about their extended family, should we nab them, too?

Forum List

Back