3 officers fired and the audio released on new police chief's FIRST DAY on the job.

so the police officers said stuff--but blacks are MURDERING whites

There's nothing wrong with a Zero Tolerance policy about racist remarks from Officers on duty.. SHOULDN"T be an "Internal Review"... Should be public...

Any small pattern of this happening should be grounds for dismissal... Union or no union...
Totally disagree. Nothing good comes from a public release of a couple of Racist Cops talking shit. Except of course for the career of Mr. Williams.
You know LOTS of people deny racism exists in the U.S. Although as we can see, even when they are shown examples of blatent racism, they still deny that it exists.

Do you know how frustrating it is to know that someone is a racist and engaging in discriminatory and prohibited behavior yet only to be told that you can't prove it? Well this is proof and if indeed they review the cases that these officers worked on and find that it's possible that their work was guided by racial animosity or discrimination, then perhaps those individuals deserve new trials.

If you can't trust a police officer to tell the truth, it taints everything he does in his job including testifying in court.
Record some guys talking shit and fire them for what they said without a trial. That sounds like mob justice.

You do NOT NEED a trial.. This is a "terms of employment" issue.. There are about 12 Million citizens with security clearances that are subject to SEVERE restrictions on their personal ethics and behavior that can LOSE those clearances (and subsequently their jobs) if they are NOT HONEST with their Security Officers.. WITHOUT TRIAL... No diff here in a public trust job that allows lethal force as an option,.. In FACT -- it MIGHT be more important...
That seems to be how this New World Order rolls. If you say the wrong thing in a PRIVATE CONVERSATION just talking shit or venting.....doesn't matter. You're done. You don't even get to make a statement in your defense. Career over, tossed to the curb. That seems to make you happy. It doesn't make me happy.

Police reform is coming and that's a good thing. I would like to see specific language on severely limiting random stops, something I haven't seen in the legislation. I don't like seeing anyone destroyed because of a random statement made in private no matter how stupid or "Racist" it sounds. Besides that, we are creating an environment where virtually no one will want to be a police officer. I'm thankful my sons didn't go that route.
1.but police brutality is not a problem---ESPECIALLY considering the other MAJOR problems that dwarf it
2. they make out whites to be EVIL and blacks inhuman
3. they make the police out to be EVIL and the black CRIMINALS ok

You're not even TRYING to get past the racial bias here to understand that the SYSTEMS for policing and the customer service interface to justice and legal ARE the problem that America right now is blaming SOLELY on racism.. It all needs to be MORE TRANSPARENT and seriously MANAGED by city govts MORE concerned with plastic bags, global warming, guns, big gulps, vaping, energy drinks and sanctuary status...

You;'re in a hopeless race rut here and can't even be part of any solutions... Did you watch the WHITE guy in Dallas get snuffed out EXACTLY George Floyd style in 2017?? And how the police WITHHELD the bodycam vids from the court/public for THREE FUCKING YEARS??

Pretty sure with YOUR opinions -- you're NOT EVEN upset by that one.. You'll rationalize it as "the white guy was a mental case" and just move on... Dont think you CARE ENOUGH about Civil Liberties as a WHOLE --- until YOURS are threatened....

There IS a "systemic" issue in some cities.. But it's NOT gonna be fixed, because RACISM is not the ONLY answer to the problems...
1. hahahahaha
2.if a criminal is dead--no--I don't care
3. here--there is no problem of police brutality
I've been over this before
.... even the BEST trained EXPERTS in their fields ''kill'' innocents because of human mistakes = pilots and the military
..the French pilot in the WORST air disaster ever was France's BEST!!
reset or no reset---you will have problems!!

..these are STUPID/irrational/violent criminals the police are dealing with......it's akin to combat---train all year, but it's not the real thing

..there are going to be mistakes/errors/etc--

..when you have to FORCE someone to comply with legal/SENSIBLE orders--that means someone will get hurt

...the police are not the problem---the criminals INITIATE the DYNAMIC/etc problem

....considering the blacks commit crime at much higher rates and are more violent, the police are doing a great job at NOT killing them

as usual, I back up my post with evidence and facts--you people just babble

as usual, I back up my post with evidence and facts--you people just babble

Comparing total number of police calls and traffic stops to police crimes and harboring "badge heavy" and possibly racist cops is ridiculous.. Wouldn't be tolerated in the military or the intel orgs. There's an expectation of integrity and discipline in these places for a reason.. You cannot tolerate "bad apples" in ANY of those orgs.. And you SHOULD be constantly weeding them out...

It's like excusing rogue killings of our own in the military.. I'm sure you'd find some fancy good looking numbers to EXCUSE THAT... Statistics lie.. There's a book on the shelf here that says that. Because what people don't know is the QUESTION YOU ASK with numbers is more important than the raw numbers themselves....

so the police officers said stuff--but blacks are MURDERING whites

There's nothing wrong with a Zero Tolerance policy about racist remarks from Officers on duty.. SHOULDN"T be an "Internal Review"... Should be public...

Any small pattern of this happening should be grounds for dismissal... Union or no union...
Totally disagree. Nothing good comes from a public release of a couple of Racist Cops talking shit. Except of course for the career of Mr. Williams.
You know LOTS of people deny racism exists in the U.S. Although as we can see, even when they are shown examples of blatent racism, they still deny that it exists.

Do you know how frustrating it is to know that someone is a racist and engaging in discriminatory and prohibited behavior yet only to be told that you can't prove it? Well this is proof and if indeed they review the cases that these officers worked on and find that it's possible that their work was guided by racial animosity or discrimination, then perhaps those individuals deserve new trials.

If you can't trust a police officer to tell the truth, it taints everything he does in his job including testifying in court.
Record some guys talking shit and fire them for what they said without a trial. That sounds like mob justice.
What kind of job do you have, because for a lot of people, their workplace has policies and procedures which if you violate them, are grounds for your termination. The employee normally acknowledges and agrees to these terns as conditions of being hired.

People who aren't racists don't talk this way, EVER.

agree --agree----but it is totally ridiculous to think the problem is cops saying racist things when:
...blacks murder over 3000 blacks every year
...blacks murder whites at TEN times the rate of vice versa
..stop making cops out to be evil and blacks are INHUMAN-PERFECT--the biggest lie of the decade

Guy, your racism is funny and all, but we just want cops held to the same standards the rest of us are. If I made the kind of racial comments these three clowns made, I'd be fired on the spot, too.

agree --agree----but it is totally ridiculous to think the problem is cops saying racist things when:
..stop making cops out to be evil and blacks are INHUMAN-PERFECT--the biggest lie of the decade

Guy, your racism is funny and all, but we just want cops held to the same standards the rest of us are. If I made the kind of racial comments these three clowns made, I'd be fired on the spot, too.
1. what racism???!!
2. the problem is not the police

The whole JUSTICE INTERFACE is more a failure of govt than it is racial.. These cities operate as tho economic disparities don't matter when you get fined or have a warrant in your name, or try to pay off your fine with money thru the mail that is RETURNED to you and you are issued a summons.. So that broken tail-light escalates into unfriendly encounters with the police and the courts..
Yeah it happens to white people too, but that's not what I'm talking about. I personally have experienced a scheme to extort money and try to deprive me of my driving privileges because I couldn't get my vehicle registered due to a failed emmissions test.

I won't go into the details but this was a coordinated take-down attempt that involved at least several dozen people and although they were unable to do anything to my license there is a false entry on my driving record which if I had been a little more knowledge back them I could have proven was false, but ultimately there was a lot of fall-out from their attempt. But it showed me how deranged some people are and how it's completely beyond comprehension to them that they could be wrong, let alone held accountable for their actions and certainly not by someone like me.

It's bad enough when private citizens come after you. When it's the cops, it's a complete nightmare.

1. what racism???!!
2. the problem is not the police

Thank GAWD you're not running anything important.. You're stuck at stupid bias without the ability to SEE, define, or solve ACTUAL problems..

When KNOWN problem officers can get away with it for decades -- it's a "police" problem...

The whole JUSTICE INTERFACE is more a failure of govt than it is racial.. These cities operate as tho economic disparities don't matter when you get fined or have a warrant in your name, or try to pay off your fine with money thru the mail that is RETURNED to you and you are issued a summons.. So that broken tail-light escalates into unfriendly encounters with the police and the courts..
Yeah it happens to white people too, but that's not what I'm talking about. I personally have experienced a scheme to extort money and try to deprive me of my driving privileges because I couldn't get my vehicle registered due to a failed emmissions test.

I won't go into the details but this was a coordinated take-down attempt that involved at least several dozen people and although they were unable to do anything to my license there is a false entry on my driving record which if I had been a little more knowledge back them I could have proven was false, but ultimately there was a lot of fall-out from their attempt. But it showed me how deranged some people are and how it's completely beyond comprehension to them that they could be wrong, let alone held accountable for their actions and certainly not by someone like me.

It's bad enough when private citizens come after you. When it's the cops, it's a complete nightmare.

Of course corruption and lack of discipline/principles is a problem when it's allowed to FESTER in law enforcement, OR a bureaucracy that has power to hobble your economics or privileges...

In science or any field that requires critical thinking,, you come up with a THEORY.. You gather support for that theory, test it against empirical evidence and then put it up to peer review for criticism and comments.. IF ONE person can show an EXCEPTION to your theory -- it's back to the drawing board..

SO -- I've been in the biz of critiquing govt mediocrity, ineptness, callousness for most of my life.. ALREADY KNEW about the Civil Liberties threat from bad govt...

The theory that the diagnosis for ALL failures of policing, court interfaces, justice problems are RACIAL is just patently wrong.. NOT saying that is not a factor.. But if ya want to FIX IT -- you better understand what exactly needs fixing for ALL people to avoid this pain...

Civil RIGHTS are a subset of Civil LIBERTIES.. I'm your go-to guy on Civil Liberties.. Not just CLUnion type stuff, but ECONOMIC Civil Liberties as well.. And unless you realize that more WHITE people get the life choked out of them by 3 callous police than black people or killed BY ERROR in "no knock" drug raids -- any SOLUTIONS you have that DOES NOT include GOVERNMENT reform in general are just not gonna serve the greater good..

The cause is good Maryam.. Just don't alienate those who are working on the "bigger picture".. I know it's hard to believe that govt isn't omniscient, fair, competent or committed to excellence, but that's where the problem REALLY is.. They are too distracted by the "cause of the day" to DO the oversight and reform any organization HAS to prioritize..

Without protection of overall Civil Liberties for EVERYONE -- there ARE NO Civil Rights to maintain for various groups...

The cause is good Maryam.. Just don't alienate those who are working on the "bigger picture".. I know it's hard to believe that govt isn't omniscient, fair, competent or committed to excellence, but that's where the problem REALLY is.. They are too distracted by the "cause of the day" to DO the oversight and reform any organization HAS to prioritize..

Without protection of overall Civil Liberties for EVERYONE -- there ARE NO Civil Rights to maintain for various groups...
1593307212261.png

Attempting to change things has to start at the top.

Leadership by example or all is for not.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back