3 men charged with federal hate crimes in killing of Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia

Hate crimes are stupid

but in this case there is no evidence that there was a hate crime

I dont know for sure if this guy was really jogging, or if he was casing something out to steal. It could have been either. What is certain though is that those three guys screwed up. We do not operate on mob rule and that needs to be consistent wether it's rulings by a court of law or people on the street.

I dont know what those guys were thinking but, it's not a citizens job to go after someone with guns, based on a suspicion. They would have had to actually see him being a threat. They had a truck and could drive faster than anywhere he could run. All they needed to do was follow at a distance and call the police to question him. This is the kind of thing that can happen when people try to take the law into their own hands, now one person is dead and three are likely going to prison.

On a side note however, we can expect more of this if police officers continue to quit their jobs and begin to back off from proactive policing. At some point more people will be reverting to defending themselves more aggressively.

You are trying to introduce into the narrative that Arbery might have been looking for something to steal. Why would you do this? A jogger of any race is a just a jogger. Arbery was murdered in an ambush.

I don't believe he was "jogging." I believe he was trespassing, and fled.
Of course you don't believe he was jogging. You saw his skin color.
He wasn't jogging, dumbass.

Why in the hell would he be jogging?
Seriously? Why would anyone be jogging? For exercise. I realize that is a foreign word to you, Chubby.
^
Obvious projection.

So now we know, bodecea is a fatass.

The reason he was not jogging is because jogging is horrible for your body. And of course his football coach would have taught him that.

Sprinting is very good exercise but jogging is very bad for you.

You're a dumbass, fatass.

I followed the case very closely when it happened. It doesn’t matter if Arbery was jogging, casing the place, trespassing or whatever. You can’t deputize yourself, form a posse and chase someone down. They should have dialed 911. The hate crime angle is a joke though.
Actually by Ga law, they can. They followed the law-----------Arbery was a suspect (ok lets be truthful here was caught stealing before ---no job and needed to get his nails done after all) in stealing before--and Arbery attacked them in his attempt to flee the scene of the crime--people in GA do have the right to make citizens arrest and detain criminals as they await cops coming.
McMichaels wasn't attempting to make a citizens arrest or detain Arbery.

McMichaels shot him in self defense when he was attacked by Arbery. Arbery earned his Darwin Award while committing an attempted armed robbery.

I sincerely hope that they are able to get a conviction and that people's eyes are finally open to what's been happening all around them, even if they were unable of it.​
April 28, 2021, 2:32 PM PDT / Updated April 28, 2021, 4:08 PM PDT​
By Tim Fitzsimons​
Three Georgia men previously charged in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery were indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury and charged with hate crimes and attempted kidnapping.​
Ahmaud Arbery.
Ahmaud Arbery. Courtesy of Family
Arbery was jogging in Brunswick, Georgia, when Travis McMichael, 35, and his father, Gregory McMichael, 65, pursued him in their truck and shot him dead on Feb. 23, 2020.​
William "Roddie" Bryan, 51, who was driving behind them in a separate truck, filmed the shooting.​
Later, Gregory McMichael, a retired police officer, leaked the video because he wanted "the public to know the truth," his attorney said in 2020.
The Department of Justice alleged on Wednesday that the men confronted Arbery "because of his race."​
The incident sparked outrage and spurred an international movement to draw attention to racism against Black runners, NBC News reported.
Travis and Gregory were also each charged with "carrying, and brandishing—and in Travis’s case, discharging—a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence," the DOJ said in a press release.​
Gregory and Travis, father and son, were previously each charged with murder in May 2020 for the death of Arbery.​

"What's been happening all around them?"

Serious question. The MSM has consistently reported that Arbery was jogging. Is there any evidence at all to support that claim?

Serious question. Does it matter? Whether he was jogging, walking, or dancing in a tutu by the light of the full moon, would it justify non-police civilians detaining him on the street with guns and then shooting him?

I don't believe he was "jogging." I believe he was trespassing, and fled.
Dont forget the attempted assault too that got him killed by the son.

Yeah, um, I'm also not buying that it's "attempted assault" when he was unarmed and the other men had guns and were illegally detaining him on a street. Not saying I'm not open to more evidence, but so far I haven't heard any that doesn't make me see that as "self-defense".

Serious question. The MSM has consistently reported that Arbery was jogging. Is there any evidence at all to support that claim?

Serious question. Does it matter? Whether he was jogging, walking, or dancing in a tutu by the light of the full moon, would it justify non-police civilians detaining him on the street with guns and then shooting him?
Yes it does matter. As I have stated, I am not talking about the circumstances around why he was killed. I just want to know, was there any surveillance footage of this man jogging? Anywhere at anytime? If not, why are people saying he was jogging? Only because him mom said that?

I'm not trying to adjudicate whether or not those who shot him were justified. It looks like that is going to play out in a court of law.
I am however trying to understand why the headlines all say he was jogging like it is a proven fact.
I suspect this is to paint the picture that he was just an ordinary guy who was totally minding his own business, innocent of any transgression and all that kind of thing.
Why would the media purposefully portray him like that? Why wouldn't they say "claimed to be jogging" or "allegedly jogging"
Did the media want you to feel a certain way about Ahmaud Arbery?

Because he was jogging. Idiot. We know that right-wing scumbags try to portray every black person who is injured or killed as somehow a criminal who had it coming. This tactic is getting really old.

I followed the case very closely when it happened. It doesn’t matter if Arbery was jogging, casing the place, trespassing or whatever. You can’t deputize yourself, form a posse and chase someone down. They should have dialed 911. The hate crime angle is a joke though.

You missed some key facts....the father was a cop and had been deputized to handle the problem the black dude was causing in the neighborhood aka repeated trespassing.

Next fact.....chasing someone down is not a crime....they chased him down....tried to question him he ran away.....they went ahead of him down the road.....parked.....he kept running towards them....if he was in fear of his life why did he run towards them.....then he runs around the truck to the right and then quickly veers to the left aka running across the front of the truck and attacks the white guy with the shotgun and tries to take his weapon....big mistake. Watch da video...it is posted above.

Actually, it IS a crime to chase someone down, as is preventing him from leaving. The first is, at the very least, harassment, and the second is kidnapping. Also, last time I checked, they had no right to question him about anything. That's what we have those nice people with badges for.

Actually by Ga law, they can. They followed the law-----------Arbery was a suspect (ok lets be truthful here was caught stealing before ---no job and needed to get his nails done after all) in stealing before--and Arbery attacked them in his attempt to flee the scene of the crime--people in GA do have the right to make citizens arrest and detain criminals as they await cops coming.

Except that "citizen's arrest" doesn't allow for them to start shooting.

I sincerely hope that they are able to get a conviction and that people's eyes are finally open to what's been happening all around them, even if they were unable of it.​
April 28, 2021, 2:32 PM PDT / Updated April 28, 2021, 4:08 PM PDT​
By Tim Fitzsimons​
Three Georgia men previously charged in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery were indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury and charged with hate crimes and attempted kidnapping.​
Ahmaud Arbery.
Ahmaud Arbery. Courtesy of Family
Arbery was jogging in Brunswick, Georgia, when Travis McMichael, 35, and his father, Gregory McMichael, 65, pursued him in their truck and shot him dead on Feb. 23, 2020.​
William "Roddie" Bryan, 51, who was driving behind them in a separate truck, filmed the shooting.​
Later, Gregory McMichael, a retired police officer, leaked the video because he wanted "the public to know the truth," his attorney said in 2020.
The Department of Justice alleged on Wednesday that the men confronted Arbery "because of his race."​
The incident sparked outrage and spurred an international movement to draw attention to racism against Black runners, NBC News reported.
Travis and Gregory were also each charged with "carrying, and brandishing—and in Travis’s case, discharging—a firearm during and in relation to a crime of violence," the DOJ said in a press release.​
Gregory and Travis, father and son, were previously each charged with murder in May 2020 for the death of Arbery.​
We need to get the details ..if they even exist

Well....if the search engine worked you could look up this story as it was presented on here in exhaustive detail not all that long ago back when it first occurred.

Most of these little tid bits you are hearing on here are irrelevant...aka whether he was running or jogging...what difference does it make.

I contend all one needs to do is watch the video that shows him getting killed......begins with Ahmaud jogging towards the truck......not running or jogging from the truck....he runs toward the truck where there are 2 armed white guys....the father in the bed of the truck and his son to the front and left of the truck.

Ahmaud jogs or runs around the right side of the truck and then quickly darts to the left....running across the front of the truck to attack the white dude with the shotgun...he tries to take the weapon away from the white guy....unable to do so....he gets shot a couple of times in the process....then he lets go of the gun starts to run away and collapses and dies.
Did the black guy live in the area ??

no....a few miles away....though for some strange reason no one has been able to understand he visited the house under construction at night several times....also something not talked about is that he had mental problems.chrome-extension://mhjfbmdgcfjbbpaeojofohoefgiehjai/index.html
Making up stuff as excuses for a murder.
Sounds like he was casing out his next home

Yes it does matter. As I have stated, I am not talking about the circumstances around why he was killed. I just want to know, was there any surveillance footage of this man jogging? Anywhere at anytime? If not, why are people saying he was jogging? Only because him mom said that?

Sorry, still not seeing why it matters. Seems like an extraneous tangent to me.

I'm not trying to adjudicate whether or not those who shot him were justified. It looks like that is going to play out in a court of law.
I am however trying to understand why the headlines all say he was jogging like it is a proven fact.
I suspect this is to paint the picture that he was just an ordinary guy who was totally minding his own business, innocent of any transgression and all that kind of thing.
Why would the media purposefully portray him like that? Why wouldn't they say "claimed to be jogging" or "allegedly jogging"
Did the media want you to feel a certain way about Ahmaud Arbery?

Because he was jogging. Idiot. We know that right-wing scumbags try to portray every black person who is injured or killed as somehow a criminal who had it coming. This tactic is getting really old.
But you don't know that he was jogging. You are just saying that he was. How can you know that he was jogging? That's what I'm asking.

Of course it is relevant. One one hand people are saying he was minding his own business jogging like he normally does. On the other, people are saying he was casing the neighborhood. I think the media wants people to feel a certain way about this case so they have made it a point to let all of you know that he was simply jogging. I just wonder if there is anything at all to corroborate that statement.

Of course it is relevant. One one hand people are saying he was minding his own business jogging like he normally does. On the other, people are saying he was casing the neighborhood. I think the media wants people to feel a certain way about this case so they have made it a point to let all of you know that he was simply jogging. I just wonder if there is anything at all to corroborate that statement.
You do t "jog" into a construction site and "look around." Why are so many so eager to give someone clearly put to no good the benefit of the doubt because of his skin color

Forum List

Back