3 mass shooting, three semi automtic rifles

Whats going to happen if we got rid of the guns? Use trucks more?
You reactionaries are going to want to ban them as well.

Well we can look at countries with good gun control to answer that question. Looks like just less mass killings.
We can also look at cities with good gun control.

Cities don't have walls. Easy to get guns in and out obviously. Funny how you jump around. Fact is mass murder is unique to the US. Places with good gun control don't have a mass murder problem, and yes they have trucks.

Mass murder is unique to the USA?

220px-Sketch_of_Breivik.png

Yes happens here weekly. Everywhere else it happens every few years and usually involves international terrorists.

Yet...........you have had almost 3 mass shootings recently in Britain, and Australia has almost had a dozen.....France has already had them, as has Germany, and Norway......that they haven't had more is because of their cultures...but that is changing.....

My point was, people will kill however they can. I do, indeed, have a point.
But you are a reactionary so...
You're right I am reacting to three mindless mass murders in two months. If that's wrong, I'm in the wrong universe.
Exactly MINDLESS. Thanks!
Outlawing semiautomatic weapons isn't the only answer, you're right. Absolutely. But getting those goddamned things out of every American closet would really help. This latest nutcase also bought his guns legally, and owned them even though he was arrested earlier this year for assault with a deadly weapon, and it was against his wife. A neighbor called and told the cops the shooter was acting pretty nutty prior to the shooting and firing hundreds of rounds in his backyard. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Then BANG. So you're right. There's more to it than just doing a buy back of semi's.

Why do you want to take my weapons? I did nothing wrong.

I shoot hundreds of rounds when I go shooting with my wife and daughters .
It's not about you; it's about the type of gun and the damage it can do. To me it is a form of risk reduction. Nothing is perfect and I'm not saying you did anything wrong.

The ultimate risk reduction is for you to crawl under your bed and stay there, even though there are risks associated even with doing that. The bed could fall, the house could catch fire, etc.

That's not much of a life!

The last three whack jobs that went on a shooting spree used semi automatic rifles. The last two wore tactical gear.

Background checks?

If all these nutsos want them then I suggest that the idea some one wants them is a sign they are mentally off.

The more they assault type rifles want, the more whacked they are. Probably at least at by the square of that number.

Have two, 4 times as as crazy. Have 4, 16 times as crazy.

Next, add another factor of ten for every piece of "tactical gear" they own.

Really, you are way off the deep end if you have to dress up in this tactical gear.

Real sane gun owners wouldn't own an assault type rifle. Not good for hunting, not good for self defense. They would be safe.

Just those crazy fucks running around in tactical gear toting their AR-15, round them up & send them to the psycho ward.

This last asshole was on bail for assault with a deadly weapon and the weapon itself and the magazines were ALREADY illegal. How'd that gun ban work out?

We sure have weak gun control.

Really? EVERYTHING that the asshole used was already banned. Hard to get more severe than that. Seems like progressive assholes, and violent criminals don't seem to give a shit about your pesky little laws. Go figure.

Seems you have made it way too easy to get deadly weapons.

No....we put background checks into place to keep felons from getting guns....and the government keeps giving felons guns.....

OK, good job whackos

We got the truck argument.

We got the definition of assault rifle argument

We got the good guy with a gun argument

We got input from the Limbaugh dittoheads

I know you can do better.
We don't have to do better because you are doing nothing but regurgitating the same old control freak rhetoric.

The last three whack jobs that went on a shooting spree used semi automatic rifles. The last two wore tactical gear.

Background checks?

If all these nutsos want them then I suggest that the idea some one wants them is a sign they are mentally off.

The more they assault type rifles want, the more whacked they are. Probably at least at by the square of that number.

Really, you are way off the deep end if you have to dress up in this tactical gear.

Real sane gun owners wouldn't own an assault type rifle. Not good for hunting, not good for self defense. They would be safe.

Just those crazy fucks running around in tactical gear toting their AR-15, round them up & send them to the psycho ward.

I thought you said they were semi-automatics. If that is the case, they are not an assault rifle. I think like most gun grabbers, you are hopelessly confused.

Here we go again. Out comes the retarded response that Assault type rifles can't be semi-automatic.

Well., sheepdip, there was an assault rifle ban & guess the fuck what, it banned certain semi-automatic rifles.

Now, that is that excuse. Which jackass will bring up rental trucks or knives?

No moron...get the facts right......Semi auto rifles are not Assault weapons....military weapons have to have select fire capabiltiy...civilian semi auto rifles can't be fired automatically.....

And yes....the ban banned rifles and did nothing to stop crime or mass shootings.......it was just as useless as current background checks.

Background checks?

This last asshole was on bail for assault with a deadly weapon and the weapon itself and the magazines were ALREADY illegal. The next door neighbor had a restraining order that did fuckall to protect her as she was the second person this asshole murdered, so, yet again....How'd that gun ban work out?

The law won't stop every one, but does lower the them. It would work better if list were public on smart phones like the sex offenders registry so people could keep an eye on them.

Not doing anything about gun violence because it can't be stopped is like not trying to do something about diabetes because it can't be stopped
Diabetes isn't a right, yet.
Cancer isn't either but why try for cures? You can't see your way to want stricter gun laws? That CAN be implemented?

Tell me what new gun laws will do what the ones we already have but do not enforce don't do
Well start by punishing those preventing those laws from being implemented even if it means putting the NRA in jails.

No one is preventing existing laws from being enforced.

The parties responsible for not enforcing the laws on the books are government law enforcement and judicial agencies.

Are you going to throw cops, district attorneys and judges in jail for not enforcing the laws we already have on the books?
With all the stupid laws being enforced how can those we depend on not enforce any law as basic as gun laws?

How are semi-automatic rifles "not good" for hunting or self defense? The typical anti gun screed is careful to omit the fact that the last three mass murders were committed by registered democrats and left wing hate mongers. How many people recognize the name " James Hodgkinson"? They should except the MSM was careful to bury the story of a crazy Sanders democrat opening fire on a baseball team full of republicans. How many people know that Hodgkinson had a list of republican targets in his pocket and that he might have been in communication with democrat politicians before he opened fire on republicans? Vegas mass murderer Stephen Paddock was probably influenced by the same left wing crazy hatred as Hodgkinson but the story has strangely gone dark. A CBS executive said that she had no sympathy for the Vegas victims because they were all "right wing gun nuts themselves". It gives you an insight into the mainstream liberal mind these days. The Baptist Church killer hated Christians and Christians are often republicans. Every one of the mass murderers violated at least half a dozen laws and it took an NRA member to bring down Kelley.
Semi automatic rifles are not legal to hunt in most states. Except the states where the hunters are so pathetic they can't kill a deer with the first shot.

They are typically not the recommended weapon for home defense. A rather poor choice.

If I wanted top hear Rush Limbaugh, I would tune him in.

This bullshit about these shooters being Democrats works on assholes like you.

These last three were little involved in politics at all.appear to have mental issues
How about (pathetic) disabled hunters? Should they be allowed to use a semi auto rifle? We are getting into the arena of the absurd when anti-gun left wing angry crazies start recommending weapons for home defense but a Ruger 10-22 semi automatic seems to be the choice for varments of the domestic as well as garden type.. It should be noted that the crazy angry anti-gun left tried to blame Rush Limbaugh for the tragic shooting of Congresswoman Gabby Gifford by a schizophrenic registered democrat.

You just did lol
You want to ban shit you dont even understand. Just stop. Good gawd OL
Harley, rather than dismiss me, explain what I said that leads you to believe I want your handgun. Maybe what I want is the high capacity magazines? I know what one of those is.
I said rifles. I meant rifles.
If a guy is going to be nuts and shoot up all and sundry, he can do it one slow bullet at a time and reload after he's shot five.
No one needs to be able to shoot faster or more than that for anything legal or even for self protection.

You basically just dismissed 95% of handguns.
They don't shoot as far as a rifle, do they? They can't be turned back into a sane weapon instead of a weapon of mass destruction?
I know they are preferred because a bullet automatically moves in to the chamber as soon as one is fired. The larger magazines mean you don't have to reload as much. So if it is a semi handgun, couldn't magazines be limited to five?
Large quantities of ammunition are nuts, too. What the hell?
It takes 3 seconds to change magazines.
Took longer than that for the Vegas shooter, the Sutherland shooter--people heard the long pauses while they reloaded. What are you, the Rifleman?
Never mind, you're probably too young to know who I mean.
I am referring to hand guns. Good gawd. I cant do this anymore with you... lol

Background checks?

This last asshole was on bail for assault with a deadly weapon and the weapon itself and the magazines were ALREADY illegal. The next door neighbor had a restraining order that did fuckall to protect her as she was the second person this asshole murdered, so, yet again....How'd that gun ban work out?

The law won't stop every one, but does lower the them. It would work better if list were public on smart phones like the sex offenders registry so people could keep an eye on them.

The law hasn't stopped any mass shooters.....most of them pass background checks and get the guns legally, the others, even felons and those indicted for felonies....either pass the background checks due to government fuck ups, or steal their guns...like the last guy......

But.....the law abiding gun owners, they obey those laws......achieving nothing...

Cancer isn't either but why try for cures? You can't see your way to want stricter gun laws? That CAN be implemented?

Tell me what new gun laws will do what the ones we already have but do not enforce don't do
Well start by punishing those preventing those laws from being implemented even if it means putting the NRA in jails.

The ones preventing the laws from being implemented are progressive groups like the ACLU.
Yeah they love seeing deaths and destruction by guns

No, what they love seeing is the US Court system rendered completely helpless. They will fight for every violent asshole leftist out there. But a rightwinger who doesn't want to bake a cake..... forget it.
And when a dem breaks a law hang him and when a republican gets caught ,,it's political

OK, good job whackos

2 dead, 9 injured in shootings in Chicago

"Eleven people were shot, two fatally, in Chicago between Tuesday morning and early Wednesday."

Why aren't you gun grabbers ever interested in these murders that are weekly in Chitown?

You're right I am reacting to three mindless mass murders in two months. If that's wrong, I'm in the wrong universe.
Outlawing semiautomatic weapons isn't the only answer, you're right. Absolutely. But getting those goddamned things out of every American closet would really help. This latest nutcase also bought his guns legally, and owned them even though he was arrested earlier this year for assault with a deadly weapon, and it was against his wife. A neighbor called and told the cops the shooter was acting pretty nutty prior to the shooting and firing hundreds of rounds in his backyard. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Then BANG. So you're right. There's more to it than just doing a buy back of semi's.

It's not about you; it's about the type of gun and the damage it can do. To me it is a form of risk reduction. Nothing is perfect and I'm not saying you did anything wrong.

The ultimate risk reduction is for you to crawl under your bed and stay there, even though there are risks associated even with doing that. The bed could fall, the house could catch fire, etc.

That's not much of a life!
shit, could be an earthquake and eat her up.

The ones preventing the laws from being implemented are progressive groups like the ACLU.

No, what they love seeing is the US Court system rendered completely helpless. They will fight for every violent asshole leftist out there. But a rightwinger who doesn't want to bake a cake..... forget it.
And when a dem breaks a law hang him and when a republican gets caught ,,it's political
:link:

OK, good job whackos

"Eleven people were shot, two fatally, in Chicago between Tuesday morning and early Wednesday."

Why aren't you gun grabbers ever interested in these murders that are weekly in Chitown?
They only look at the niggas come voting season.

Fantasizing early huh crybaby.

You are sure? Provide a link saying semi-automatic rifles are illegal to hunt with.
One of my students said he borrowed a friend's semiautomatic rifle to hunt deer last year, but you only pull the trigger once, not a bunch of times. You don't want to tear up the meat.

The poster said semi-automatic rifles are ILLEGAL to hunt with, which is not correct except in 4 or 5 states.
I clearly state that some states that had candy-assed, poor shooting hunters allowed semi-automatics. Heck, they need the herd whittled down.

Heck why not tote that couch in the woods, bring the beer, have a seat, send out the dogs, put out the bait & load up that semi-automatic.

You guys are such pathetic hunters. If you need more that one shot, you shouldn't have taken the first one.

You didn't answer the question.
Because it was a ridiculous point.
Makes you think truck mass murders wont go up when we get rid of semi auto rifles?
Our problems arent INANIMATE objects. Its people with no regard for life.

Truck murders have not gone up with gun control anywhere.
OMG lol
You cant see the forest for the trees

Innocent people are getting mowed down by guns and you are talking trucks. That is funny.
I cant make my point any more clear. Your reactionary brain just shuts down, dont it?

We have suffered from mass shootings for years. Not reactionary, nice try.

OK, good job whackos

They only look at the niggas come voting season.

I don't know which is more pathetic. You, for using your racial slur, or the asshole that agreed.

You people make it about ALL gun owners.

The current thinking is one person kills with a gun then we have to do something to ALL gun owners .

If that's the way you want to live then be consistent and apply that "logic" to all laws
Perhaps it wouldn't HAVE to be about "all" gun owners if gun owners were willing to have more regulation around who can own a gun, etc. I really like the sound of the recent law in California that allows law enforcement to take a person's guns temporarily for good cause and then it is adjudicated by a judge. That law nationwide might have prevented two of the shootings we've recently had.

Forum List

Back