2A Sanctuaries

Pilate

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2016
Recently, Virginia turned blue. Since then, Democrats in the state have made a push for more gun control. In response, many counties have declared themselves 2A sanctuaries and said that their law enforcement agencies will not enforce new gun control laws deemed unconstitutional and one county even went as far as to declare the creation of a militia for the purpose of defending the county from attempts to enforce the laws forcefully made by outside parties. What do you guys think? Is this a disintegration of the rule of law, and a prelude to something far worse, or a healthy exercise in self determination and local governance?

Gun control always motivates the masses.
I don't know if the huge influx of swamp creatures can outvote the locals, we'll soon see.
I'm hoping that the craziness of the democrat's policies will be a factor in November.

Recently, Virginia turned blue. Since then, Democrats in the state have made a push for more gun control. In response, many counties have declared themselves 2A sanctuaries and said that their law enforcement agencies will not enforce new gun control laws deemed unconstitutional and one county even went as far as to declare the creation of a militia for the purpose of defending the county from attempts to enforce the laws forcefully made by outside parties. What do you guys think? Is this a disintegration of the rule of law, and a prelude to something far worse, or a healthy exercise in self determination and local governance?

Dems choose to not enforce immigration laws. I am ok with municipalities choosing to not enforce laws that violate the 2ns ammendment.

Dems choose to not enforce immigration laws. I am ok with municipalities choosing to not enforce laws that violate the 2ns ammendment.
What about the broader concern this raises of federal laws simply being ignored? Doesn’t it undermine rule of law on a national level?

Californication has worked its way to VA...You will start to see more and more of this type of societal decay and divide as good, real Americans take a stand to stay aligned with the intent of our framers.

What about the broader concern this raises of federal laws simply being ignored? Doesn’t it undermine rule of law on a national level?

Yes, they should be declared unconstitutional and overturned by SCOTUS.

No this is the citizenry telling the swamp they WON'T be taking their guns plain and simple. At least these sanctuary cities are legal since its based on the 2nd amendment unlike allowing illegals to remain in cities when they are illegal!

Excellent point.
The very fact that "Sanctuaries" regarding select areas that will still guard our Constitutional Rights are even being discussed is proof positive who is winning this war and who is losing it.

There are two types in this march towards the complete transformation of America into something vastly different than originally intended.

1). Those who are cleverly and patiently working to transform America and stopping at nothing to do so

2). Those in denial who foolishly continue to brag that the first group could never win....and worse yet....do nothing

No this is the citizenry telling the swamp they WON'T be taking their guns plain and simple. At least these sanctuary cities are legal since its based on the 2nd amendment unlike allowing illegals to remain in cities when they are illegal!

case in point.....sad

PS...no it isn't "the citizenry"....it's one or two brave souls out of the other million who will do nothing

In Virginia, state law supersedes all other considerations.

That said, I have serious doubts as to whether the Virginia Democrats have the stones to cause an insurgent war against themselves by attempting to force compliance with any unconstitutional nonsense they try to bring forth. Those who would be called upon to enforce it live in the communities they service.

Gun control always motivates the masses.
I don't know if the huge influx of swamp creatures can outvote the locals, we'll soon see.
I'm hoping that the craziness of the democrat's policies will be a factor in November.

Oh it will be factor alright.....
Democrats will be out in crazy numbers next November. They are mad as hell.

Last edited:

Rather than twisting the law, in order to counteract other twisting the law, what I really wish these counties would do is to declare that they will uphold the whole law, recognizing that the Second Amendment, as part of the Constitution which is this nations' highest law, takes precedence over any lesser laws, and will strictly be enforced.

yes.

but that boat left the dock a long time ago.

long before the blob oozed into office.

Rather than twisting the law, in order to counteract other twisting the law, what I really wish these counties would do is to declare that they will uphold the whole law, recognizing that the Second Amendment, as part of the Constitution which is this nations' highest law, takes precedence over any lesser laws, and will strictly be enforced.

lol.

Another...."I WISH" er

How about....."I wish freedom was free"... Like that one? :113:

There comes a time in every society where segments of the public will say "enough". A law is just a piece of paper. Without obedience it means absolutely nothing. They will recognize TPTB for what they are (tyrants) and reject their authority. The founding fathers knew this. They lived it. And they wrote the 2A intrinsically as a last line of defense against government tyranny.

Battle lines are being drawn all over the country. A second civil war is brewing and anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together can see it. I don't know what will set it off but it will be something stupid and all hell will break loose. We came close with the Bundy standoff. A 2 decade long cattle grazing dispute culminated in hundreds of militia members facing off with federal agents. The feds made the right decision - they backed down, knowing full well that a dispute over cows wasn't worth initiating Civil War 2.0. Had those feds opened fire we'd still be reeling from the aftermath.

As I've said on this forum before, there are 2 ways to persuade someone to do something: Reason and force. When reason fails, force is the only other option. Government "reason" is failing, it remains to be seen if they'll resort to force. God help them if they do because they'll quickly find themselves in the crosshairs of the 400+ million firearms in private hands.

Safe spaces for gun nuts. :laugh:

As I've said on this forum before, there are 2 ways to persuade someone to do something: Reason and force. When reason fails, force is the only other option. Government "reason" is failing, it remains to be seen if they'll resort to force. God help them if they do because they'll quickly find themselves in the crosshairs of the 400+ million firearms in private hands.

Why do you think the Democraps, in particular, are so determined to undermine the Second Amendment in every way that they think they can get away with? I say that it is because they know damn well that the American people, as a whole, are not going to put up with a lot of the crap that they want to impose onus, and that if they push too hard, too fast, they are going to, as you said, find themselves in the crosshairs of the 400+ million firearms in private hands, just as the Founding Fathers intended to happen in those circumstances. The Tree of Liberty is long overdue for a watering.

Why do you think the Democraps, in particular, are so determined to undermine the Second Amendment in every way that they think they can get away with? I say that it is because they know damn well that the American people, as a whole, are not going to put up with a lot of the crap that they want to impose onus, and that if they push too hard, too fast, they are going to, as you said, find themselves in the crosshairs of the 400+ million firearms in private hands, just as the Founding Fathers intended to happen in those circumstances. The Tree of Liberty is long overdue for a watering.

You're right of course. An armed populace that is unwilling to be controlled cannot be controlled, and it's absolutely why the left is so desperate to get the guns. Their agenda can only be pushed so far before people start shooting.

Forum List

Back