260,000 Veterans Have Lost Their Gun Rights Since December

Two out of three suicides in the U.S. Involve a firearm

Problem with a gun vs other forms of suicide is that it only takes a split second to kill and you can't change your mind

So jumping from a tall building is any different?
yep. climbing to the top of a tall building, finding a place to jump, and then diing so is a lot more difficult than getting drunk and sad with a loaded gun

Look, I know I'm wasting my time here, you liberal idiots wouldn't ever admit you were wrong even if you were smart enough to realize you were wrong. But hey, I'm bored at the moment so here is a clue for you:

It doesn't matter if guns make it easier, the simple fact is that if someone is determined to kill themselves lack of a gun won't stop them. They do not kill themselves because they have a gun.

No charge for the education.
the simple fact is that people with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without. that's a fact, and nobody has been able to dispute it with anything other than their feelings

You don't understand the concept of cause and effect. Not surprising, you are an idiot.
yes i do, you don't seem to

people with access to guns kill themselves more frequent than those without.

i don't think guns are the cause but they sure make that decision and action easier and more likely to succeed

yep. climbing to the top of a tall building, finding a place to jump, and then diing so is a lot more difficult than getting drunk and sad with a loaded gun

Look, I know I'm wasting my time here, you liberal idiots wouldn't ever admit you were wrong even if you were smart enough to realize you were wrong. But hey, I'm bored at the moment so here is a clue for you:

It doesn't matter if guns make it easier, the simple fact is that if someone is determined to kill themselves lack of a gun won't stop them. They do not kill themselves because they have a gun.

the simple fact is that people with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without. that's a fact, and nobody has been able to dispute it with anything other than their feelings

No..that just means they bought a gun because it was the easy way and in no way indicates they wouldnt have jumped off a parking garage if they couldnt access a gun.

I don't think liberals even know what a "fact" is or how they relate to truth.
and yet you can't admit to the fact that people with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without

No..that just means they bought a gun because it was the easy way and in no way indicates they wouldnt have jumped off a parking garage if they couldnt access a gun.

and yet you can't admit to the fact that people with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without
...and more laws will do nothing to stop this. dumbass
Lol

Lol
meh. though not conclusive the evidence wouldn't seem to support you on that

but don't worry, i understand that like most of the 'conservatives' here you argue solely from emotion

Lol

but don't worry, i understand that like most of the 'conservatives' here you argue solely from emotion
So called gun violence in this country is an non-issue, we have bigger fish to fry. LOL

You still havent proven they wouldnt have used a different method if they didnt have access to a gun.

Lol

So called gun violence in this country is an non-issue, we have bigger fish to fry. LOL

If we could only control that certain segment of society our murder rate would be the envy of the world.

You don't understand the concept of cause and effect. Not surprising, you are an idiot.

i don't think guns are the cause but they sure make that decision and action easier and more likely to succeed

Unless they are in Japan, South Korea, China.....FRance and several other gun controlled European countries where the suicide rate is higher than the United States...guns are not the issue....mental illness is......

Do you know how many people in this country kill themselves without guns?

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Gun Suicide: 21,175

Non gun suicide: 19,974

So........the 21,175 who used guns...would simply do whatever the 19,974 did to commit suicide if guns were not available......or they would do whatever the Japanese, Chinese, South Koreans and French do....

You still havent proven they wouldnt have used a different method if they didnt have access to a gun.
you clearly don't understand what a suicide rate means

or are you saying guns make people suicidal?

So........the 21,175 who used guns...would simply do whatever the 19,974 did to commit suicide if guns were not available.
if that were true the suicide rates would be the same. they are not.

those with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without

You clearly dont understand that a firearm isnt the only way to kill yourself.

So........the 21,175 who used guns...would simply do whatever the 19,974 did to commit suicide if guns were not available.

Blaming everything and everyone but the person doing the killing they call that... appeasement. Lol

There is barely a difference in the two rates......why wouldn't the gun suicides use something else? Since 19,974 used something else.

Then you have to explain why Japan, South Korea, and China...with almost 0 access to guns by normal citizens, the Yakuza gets guns when they want them.......all have higher suicide rates than the United States........and then explain France and the European countries that have higher suicide rates than us.......

So countries with 0 access to guns have higher suicide rates...please explain....

i do understand that. but you can't seem to grasp that those with access to firearms kill themselves at a greater rate than those without.

i do understand that. but you can't seem to grasp that those with access to firearms kill themselves at a greater rate than those without.

Strawman, they don't. They kill themselves with firearms at a higher rate, but no, they don't kill themselves at a higher rate

Only because they could get their hands on one,if they couldnt they'd jump off a parking garage.

what part of Japan, China and South Korea, where only criminals have access to guns, yet they have a higher rate of suicide than we do.....also France, and several other countries in Europe have higher suicide rates than we do...........

It ain't about suicide it's about allowing clearly incompetent people who can't even handle a freaking checkbook to purchase weapons. It's about killing spouses and using PTSD as a defense. It's about the freaking legal mess of authorizing clearly incompetent people to leave weapons around for children to handle. We can't eliminate all suicides and accidental shootings by legislation but Americans at least have the duty to keep weapons out of the hands of admitted crazy people.

what part of Japan, China and South Korea, where only criminals have access to guns, yet they have a higher rate of suicide than we do.....also France, and several other countries in Europe have higher suicide rates than we do...........
good god you're trying really hard to ignore the reality that in the united states people with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without

Forum List

Back