260,000 Veterans Have Lost Their Gun Rights Since December

Look, I know I'm wasting my time here, you liberal idiots wouldn't ever admit you were wrong even if you were smart enough to realize you were wrong. But hey, I'm bored at the moment so here is a clue for you:

It doesn't matter if guns make it easier, the simple fact is that if someone is determined to kill themselves lack of a gun won't stop them. They do not kill themselves because they have a gun.

No charge for the education.
the simple fact is that people with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without. that's a fact, and nobody has been able to dispute it with anything other than their feelings

You don't understand the concept of cause and effect. Not surprising, you are an idiot.
yes i do, you don't seem to

people with access to guns kill themselves more frequent than those without.

i don't think guns are the cause but they sure make that decision and action easier and more likely to succeed

Oh ffs, your stupidity is boring.
why can't you admit to the facts?

Why cant you admit you're wrong?

the simple fact is that people with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without. that's a fact, and nobody has been able to dispute it with anything other than their feelings

You don't understand the concept of cause and effect. Not surprising, you are an idiot.

i don't think guns are the cause but they sure make that decision and action easier and more likely to succeed

because i'm not, and the science shows that people with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without.

It ain't about suicide it's about allowing clearly incompetent people who can't even handle a freaking checkbook to purchase weapons. It's about killing spouses and using PTSD as a defense. It's about the freaking legal mess of authorizing clearly incompetent people to leave weapons around for children to handle. We can't eliminate all suicides and accidental shootings by legislation but Americans at least have the duty to keep weapons out of the hands of admitted crazy people.

Sorry......there were 320,000,000 million guns in private hands in 2013.....there were a grand total of 505 accidental gun deaths.

Gun accidents are not a problem....American gun owners are amazingly responsible.

So with your post you must support the idea of gun safety education in public schools...right?

You mean 505 is a small number of deaths,

compared to 4 in Benghazi.

Different importance......all 509 are horrible.....the 4 in Bhengazi were from decisions made by hilary...and she needs to pay a political price for those screwed up decisions.

The 505 accidental gun deaths are all sad, and tragic.....but in a country of over 320,000,000 million people in 2013....with over 320,000,000 guns in private hands......505 is no where near the problem anti gunners want to use to take away 320,000,000 million guns from American Citizens......

Cars kill more people accidentally....35,000

Falling kills more people.....

And nuts like you and the other anti gunners fight tooth and nail to keep gun safety education out of the public schools...even though fire safety education saves lives and gun safety education could also save lives......

So those 505 lives mean nothing to you other than a way to get rid of guns......even as 1,500,000 Americans use guns to stop violent criminals and to save lives.....

Can you do the math...which numbers are bigger....?

320,000,000 guns that were not involved in accidental gun deaths.....

1,500,000 times guns are used each year to stop violent criminal attack..according to bill clinton....

505 accidental gun deaths..........

You clearly dont understand that a firearm isnt the only way to kill yourself.
i do understand that. but you can't seem to grasp that those with access to firearms kill themselves at a greater rate than those without.

what part of Japan, China and South Korea, where only criminals have access to guns, yet they have a higher rate of suicide than we do.....also France, and several other countries in Europe have higher suicide rates than we do...........
good god you're trying really hard to ignore the reality that in the united states people with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without

And you don't care about the other half who don't use guns.....or the fact...the fact, that the ones who use guns will simply use something else...like they do in Japan, South Korea and China as well as France and several other European countries where access to guns for law abiding people is limited to non existent...........

Why do you only care about gun suicides........?

Because you have a phobia about guns....
attempt to deflect all you want, the fact remains that those with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without

Wrong.....Japan, South Korea and China all have higher suicide rates than we do...and the law abiding citizens in those countries have almost 0 access to guns...so you are just wrong......

France, and several other countries in Europe that have all the gun control you anti gun nuts want also have higher suicide rates than we do.......so you are still wrong....

because i'm not, and the science shows that people with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without.

Nope..all that proves is method.
Not whether they would have killed themselves in another fashion had they not had a gun.

Not whether they would have killed themselves in another fashion had they not had a gun.
wow. you really have a rough time understanding things, don't you?

people with access to guns kill themselves at a greater rate than those without. if your claim was correct the rates would be the same. the rates are not the same, you are incorrect.

people with access to guns kill themselves at a greater rate than those without. if your claim was correct the rates would be the same. the rates are not the same, you are incorrect.

Wow...you're a complete imbecile.
It doesnt prove shit other than method.

i do understand that. but you can't seem to grasp that those with access to firearms kill themselves at a greater rate than those without.

what part of Japan, China and South Korea, where only criminals have access to guns, yet they have a higher rate of suicide than we do.....also France, and several other countries in Europe have higher suicide rates than we do...........
good god you're trying really hard to ignore the reality that in the united states people with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without

And you don't care about the other half who don't use guns.....or the fact...the fact, that the ones who use guns will simply use something else...like they do in Japan, South Korea and China as well as France and several other European countries where access to guns for law abiding people is limited to non existent...........

attempt to deflect all you want, the fact remains that those with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without

Wrong.....Japan, South Korea and China all have higher suicide rates than we do...and the law abiding citizens in those countries have almost 0 access to guns...so you are just wrong......

France, and several other countries in Europe that have all the gun control you anti gun nuts want also have higher suicide rates than we do.......so you are still wrong....
super. they also have different cultures. the study was on americans, i've made that clear several times. if you disagree with harvard's study find a legitimate criticism, not just some crap about very different countries and cultures having different suicide rates.

except that it proves that people with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without.

if you're claiming method is irrelevant than the rates would be the same.

These idiot liberals don't want to discuss the important facts, they want to keep you arguing stupid shit that they have statistics for. They don't want to discuss the fact that method is irrelevant, they don't care that these people would kill themselves anyway, it isn't about saving lives at all. It's about controlling OUR lives. It's about forcing us to live according to their rules. If they really gave two shits about human lives, they would be discussing why people are so suicidal.

Play around with them as much as you want, but they will never ever change their minds. They don't have the maturity or the intelligence to do so.

except that it proves that people with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without.

Would you drive a framing nail with your forehead or a hammer?

These idiot liberals don't want to discuss the important facts, they want to keep you arguing stupid shit that they have statistics for.
damn liberals, using facts and not sticking to emotions like you 'conservatives'

keep proving you don't understand the concept...

keep proving you don't understand the concept...

Oh I understand it just fine.
You're the moron trying to apply it in ways that dont matter.

Good for the VA

With the number of PTSD suicides, the last thing these guys need is a handy firearm

Because the ONLY way to kill yourself is with a gun. You are such an idiot.

Two out of three suicides in the U.S. Involve a firearm

Problem with a gun vs other forms of suicide is that it only takes a split second to kill and you can't change your mind

And it can be done on drugs or alcohol...

Well, his head IS harder.

Good for the VA

With the number of PTSD suicides, the last thing these guys need is a handy firearm

Because the ONLY way to kill yourself is with a gun. You are such an idiot.

Two out of three suicides in the U.S. Involve a firearm

Problem with a gun vs other forms of suicide is that it only takes a split second to kill and you can't change your mind

And it can be done on drugs or alcohol...

Anyone who is determined to kill themselves will do it by any means. No one walks into a room: "La la la, oh look a gun!" BLAM!

Liberals are such idiots.

FAIL! Ultimate Fail!

So now we have another scandal where the VA is screwing over the veterans they are supposed to be representing.

260,000 Veterans Have Lost Their Gun Rights Since December

o-VETERANS-AFFAIRS-BUILDING-facebook-360x240.jpg

The Second Amendment has been under attack for some time now in the united States, and there has been a relentless assault by the Obama administration at attacking the rights of the people to keep and bear arms. At the forefront of that attack has been America’s veterans, andaccording to a report, at least 260,000 veteranshad their gun rights revoked by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs since December 2015.

Guns in the News reports:

Last December the VA started reporting thousands of veterans to the FBI’s National Instant Criminal Background Check system, which is responsible for determining whether or not a potential gun buyer is legally allowed to own a firearm.

Specifically, they’ve been reporting veterans who have a fiduciary trustee to act on their behalf for legal or financial matters. All veterans with this arrangement are beingautomatically declared “mentally defective” according to Guns.com, and are having their second amendmentrights revoked. Over the past 4 months alone the VA has reported over 260,000 veterans to the NICS, which now accounts for 99% of all “mentally defective” claims to the database.

Of course, not all veterans with a fiduciary trustee are a danger to themselves or others, and unfortunately the VA hasn’t bothered to investigate any of these individuals to see if they should be reported. Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa has been questioning the VA on this matter, and hopes to put a stop to it. “The very agency created to serve them (veterans) is jeopardizing their Second Amendment rights through an erroneous reading of gun regulations. The VA’s careless approach to our veterans’ constitutional rights is disgraceful.”

This is not new and doesn’t seem to be going away. In February, the National RifleAssociation was attempting to discover which veterans this was happening to across the country.

Once again, Guns in the News reported:

As we have reported several times in the past (including here and here), the Veterans Administration (VA) has been reporting to the National InstantCriminal Background Check System (NICS) the identities of its beneficiaries who have been assigned a “fiduciary” to manage their benefits. The VA claims that such determinations constitute an “adjudication of mental defectiveness” under federal law, thereby prohibiting the beneficiary (presumptively for life) from acquiring or possessingfirearms.

super. they also have different cultures. the study was on americans, i've made that clear several times. if you disagree with harvard's study find a legitimate criticism, not just some crap about very different countries and cultures having different suicide rates.

No.....we are talking about your contention that guns allow people to commit suicide....I have listed Asian and European Countries that have limited to no access to guns and they have higher suicide rates than we do....you are wrong.

No.....we are talking about your contention that guns allow people to commit suicide....I have listed Asian and European Countries that have limited to no access to guns and they have higher suicide rates than we do....you are wrong.
no, we are talking about the united states, in which people with access to guns kill themselves more frequently than those without - which i believe is a pretty solid reason for denying gun purchases to the mentally ill

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back