225 year old Christopher Columbus statue vandalized

Well, Columbus is a huge part of our heritage... let me take that back. Columbus was a huge part of Italian-American heritage, because, if it weren't for him, they would not have the Catholic organization, "The Knights of Columbus". They would have had to name it after some other famous Italian. The Knight of Marconi does not have the same ring to it.

It makes sense. Liberals hate America, he discovered America. Clear as a bell to me.
Actually, he did not discover America. Thanks for playing.

Do we have to go through this every year as we grow nearer to Columbus Day?
It doesn't matter the name we assign to this "discovery".

What matters is, we mark the time the modern civilzed technological world came to this hemisphere. We have used Columbus to mark this important point in time in the history of humans on this planet.

The left intends to destroy the history of western civilization. They will do it the same way they eat elephants, one bite at a time.

The left intends to destroy the history of western civilization. They will do it the same way they eat elephants, one bite at a time.
Just checking to see if it bothers them at all that art sculpted 225 years ago was destroyed.

Apparently not.

Liberals really need to be tearing down statues of all those white skinned Vikings. They were here first!

He didn't discover America. It was never lost. So, for "tourists" to be the first...that would be the Vikings.
and thats only what we have discovered at this point.
It always blows my mind how indians dont get credit. Its not like they were all just born here..
Asians and Native Americans are connected in DNA and yes, when the land mass opened during the last ice age, the two split up during explorations/survival explorations, etc...same as the polynesians did when crossing the seas in their canoes, the Vikings on their quest for better pillages, etc. Meanwhile, as I said, america was never "lost". It belonged to the native peoples who have lived here for thousands of years. So why ANYONE would get credit for "discovering" something already owned and inhabited is mind blowing in itself.

Forum List

Back