22 shot in Chicago this weekend

Not surprising. With perhaps the strictest gun control laws in the nation, criminals in Chicago know full well that if they commit a gun related crime, unless law enforcement is present, they will not be met with any resistance. They are free to do as they please.

Chicago has cut its number of murders in half since those strict gun controls went into place

Your nose is growing!!!

And murder rate is down 20% in New Orleans so that would make 158 murders for New Orleans vs Chicagos 432 (priobably 440 by New Years day)!

Chicago has half the murders it had 20 years ago....It appears their gun control is working

Crime in Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
22 shot over holiday weekend and it's working?! Has Obamacare lowered the standard of success that much?

In a city the size of Chicago is that a lot?

Chicago has half the number of murders it had in 1994. Its tough gun laws appear to be working

Not surprising. With perhaps the strictest gun control laws in the nation, criminals in Chicago know full well that if they commit a gun related crime, unless law enforcement is present, they will not be met with any resistance. They are free to do as they please.

Chicago has cut its number of murders in half since those strict gun controls went into place

You are one stupid, dense, stupid fuck. Seriously....

FBI: Chicago passes New York as murder capital of U.S.

The city of Chicago registered more homicides than any city in the nation in 2012, surpassing even New York — despite the fact that the Second City has only one third as many residents as the Big Apple.

In new crime statistics released Monday, the Federal Bureau of Investigation reported 500 murders in Chicago in 2012, up sharply from the 431 recorded in 2011. New York reported 419 murders last year, compared with 515 in 2011.

But residents of Chicago and New York were much less likely to be victims of a homicide than residents of Flint, Mich. Sixty-three murders occurred in 2012 in Flint, a city of 101,632, meaning one in every 1,613 city residents were homicide victims. Detroit, which experienced 386 homicides in 2012, was almost as unsafe; that’s enough murders to account for one in every 1,832 residents.

Chicago has half the murders it had 20 years ago....It appears their gun control is working

Crime in Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
22 shot over holiday weekend and it's working?! Has Obamacare lowered the standard of success that much?

In a city the size of Chicago is that a lot?

Chicago has half the number of murders it had in 1994. Its tough gun laws appear to be working
Fuck yeah it's a lot, especially for a frigid holiday weekend.

Still pushing that BS. So if a F minus student becomes an F plus student the next year are you going to say good job kid. OR are you going to say congrats you improve to bottom of the barrel to utter shit!

Still pushing that BS. So if a F minus student becomes an F plus student the next year are you going to say good job kid. OR are you going to say congrats you improve to bottom of the barrel to utter shit!

A reduction of over 400 murders a year is not "F" work

Shows gun control is working in Chicago

You are one stupid, dense, stupid fuck. Seriously....

FBI: Chicago passes New York as murder capital of U.S.

The city of Chicago registered more homicides than any city in the nation in 2012, surpassing even New York — despite the fact that the Second City has only one third as many residents as the Big Apple.[/SI]

[SIZE=7"]In new crime statistics released Monday, the Federal Bureau of Investigation reported 500 murders in Chicago in 2012, up sharply from the 431 recorded in 2011.
New York reported 419 murders last year, compared with 515 in 2011.

But residents of Chicago and New York were much less likely to be victims of a homicide than residents of Flint, Mich. Sixty-three murders occurred in 2012 in Flint, a city of 101,632, meaning one in every 1,613 city residents were homicide victims. Detroit, which experienced 386 homicides in 2012, was almost as unsafe; that’s enough murders to account for one in every 1,832 residents.

Chicago is not New York. Both are Mega citys that you expect more murders in

One thing both Chicago and New York have in common is strict gun laws

Both have seen their murder rates cut in half since enacting harsher gun laws

Harvard Study: Gun Control Is Counterproductive

Contrary to conventional wisdom, and the sniffs of our more sophisticated and generally anti-gun counterparts across the pond, the answer is "no." And not just no, as in there is no correlation between gun ownership and violent crime, but an emphatic no, showing a negative correlation: as gun ownership increases, murder and suicide decreases

You are safer on the streets of Chicago than on the streets of New Orleans

Shows how being able to carry a gun in New Orleans keeps you safe

I'm safer anyplace I can legally carry.

In this case it's New Orleans. A place I have visited hundreds of times without incident.

In this case it's New Orleans. A place I have visited hundreds of times without incident.

There are a lot more armed citizens in New Orleans who have found out differently

That is why they have the highest murder rate in the country

Chicago was the murder capital of the U.S. in 2012.

Some food for thought (based on a study conducted by Harvard University):

You see, the reality is that criminals really, really, really don’t want to get shot. When you pass strict gun control laws, you take the fear of getting shot away and criminals tend to flourish.

The places with the highest crime rates are the major cities where strict gun control laws have been passed.

18 Little-Known Gun Facts That Prove That Guns Make Us Safer

There are a lot more armed citizens in New Orleans who have found out differently

Please provide a link that shows armed citizens were victims of murder.

Please provide a link that shows armed citizens were victims of murder.

We know they were the perpetrators of murder don't we?

Forum List

Back