210 Democrats vote against bill requiring medical care for babies born alive after abortion attempt

Governor Blackface told us all that he is fine with letting a full-term baby die.

Pretty sure that's supposed to be a crime.

You guys are like Pavlov's Dogs. You've been condition with lies.

“where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s non viable” he said. “If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother,” Northam stated.

From the onset in his hypothetical situation the infant who was born was not going to survive. So the discussion would naturally include how the defect would take the child's brief life, not how to kill it.

It sure as hell wasn't a discussion about killing a viable full term infant.

But for some folks the ends justifies the mean.

It's not, he'll care for the kid until they decide what to do, what's to decide? Kid is born, it escaped......Praise the lord.
The child had a fatal deformity. Even still in that case the law would require normal care be given like feeding and keeping them warm until nature resolved the situation.

No one gets out alive.

You guys are like Pavlov's Dogs. You've been condition with lies.

“where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s non viable” he said. “If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother,” Northam stated.

From the onset in his hypothetical situation the infant who was born was not going to survive. So the discussion would naturally include how the defect would take the child's brief life, not how to kill it.

It sure as hell wasn't a discussion about killing a viable full term infant.

But for some folks the ends justifies the mean.
The baby was born alive and could possibly survive with appropriate care.

They are deliberately letting it die.

Thus, the claims in this thread about equal care being provided are incorrect.

"Viable," the term you used, when applied to an infant means "Capable of living outside the uterus. Used of a fetus or newborn."

The baby was born alive. It is therefore viable. There is a possibility the infant may survive if given appropriate care, and grow up to post on USMB some day.

It's indisputable, IMO.

How the heck could a doctor stand by and just let the baby die? That's disgusting, But after all, that is there intent in the first place.

Regards,
Jim

The baby was born alive and could possibly survive with appropriate care.

They are deliberately letting it die.

Thus, the claims in this thread about equal care being provided are incorrect.

"Viable," the term you used, when applied to an infant means "Capable of living outside the uterus. Used of a fetus or newborn."

The baby was born alive. It is therefore viable. There is a possibility the infant may survive if given appropriate care, and grow up to post on USMB some day.

It's indisputable, IMO.

How the heck could a doctor stand by and just let the baby die? That's disgusting, But after all, that is there intent in the first place.

Regards,
Jim
You can make up any scenario you want, but under the Gov.'s hypothetical, the infant was born alive but with a fatal anomaly. Nor did he specify the malady the infant had so we can't even speculate on what treatment might be available for any particular one. I would suspect the doctor would inform the parents of all their options including ones with a minimal chances of success, depending on the particular condition of their baby. I'm sure many parents will go to great lengths for the child's survival. Thank God for parents. I would bet that those type topics would be among the conversation the governor alludes to in that interview that he natural would have. Certainly not how to kill the infant, but possible what to expect when/as the baby dies and what they can do to ease the child's suffering, like keeping him/her sedated until nature resolves it.

You can't make up your own version and claim that's what the governor said.

We already have laws protecting babies in these insanely rare instances. It's called first degree murder. Republicans do what republicans do best and that is manufacture fake outrage for their political agenda.

The child had a fatal deformity. Even still in that case the law would require normal care be given like feeding and keeping them warm until nature resolved the situation.

No one gets out alive.
That is not what he said. And people with deformities aren't allowed to live? Are we Dr Mengala and NAZI Germany now?

That is not what he said. And people with deformities aren't allowed to live? Are we Dr Mengala and NAZI Germany now?

“where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s non viable” he said.

He says that no where in this clip:

Why is your clip only 23 seconds long?

A lie by omission?

Here is the full quote: “When we talk about third trimester abortions … it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that is non-viable,” Northam said. “If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

You can make up any scenario you want, but under the Gov.'s hypothetical, the infant was born alive but with a fatal anomaly. Nor did he specify the malady the infant had so we can't even speculate on what treatment might be available for any particular one. I would suspect the doctor would inform the parents of all their options including ones with a minimal chances of success, depending on the particular condition of their baby. I'm sure many parents will go to great lengths for the child's survival. Thank God for parents. I would bet that those type topics would be among the conversation the governor alludes to in that interview that he natural would have. Certainly not how to kill the infant, but possible what to expect when/as the baby dies and what they can do to ease the child's suffering, like keeping him/her sedated until nature resolves it.

You can't make up your own version and claim that's what the governor said.

I made nothing up. I posted his full words, in context, through his own voice.

He said the live infant would be kept comfortable, and might be allowed to die if that's what the parents want. He said nothing about providing the same care given to other infants, which is what the OP claimed and you also seem to be arguing.

Regards,
Jim

I made nothing up. I posted his full words, in context, through his own voice.
Here is the full quote: “When we talk about third trimester abortions … it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that is non-viable,” Northam said. “If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

He said the live infant

"severe deformities", "a fetus that is non-viable"
might be allowed to die if that's what the parents want.
Was not going to survive regardless of the parents wishes.

He said nothing about providing the same care given to other infants

1. A baby is born with spina bifida (open spine with spinal cord exposed) and hydrocephalus (excessive fluid surrounding the brain). Immediate surgery is necessary to close the exposed spinal cord to prevent dangerous infection that could cause death and to install a shunt to drain the excess fluid in the brain to prevent brain damage. The parents refuse consent because the child may be physically handicapped, involving hardship for the child and parents.
    Answer: Ordinary care: Because of the recent advances in spina bifida surgery and medical care, what had been high-risk surgery at one time is no longer so risky.
    The Spina Bifida Association of America filed an amicus curiae brief to the New York State Court of Appeals Oct. 28, 1983, in the Infant Jane Doe case. The brief states: “Nearly all patients who receive prompt and proper treatment now survive . . . have normal life spans. . . . Left untreated, many die or live with greatly impaired futures, facing physical disabilities far more severe than they would have experienced with proper treatment and mental disabilities [which] proper treatment would have spared them altogether.” Illegal decision because the surgery involves ordinary care.
  2. A baby is born with the same condition as above, spina bifida, but in addition the baby has no kidneys, a rare and fatal condition for which there is no treatment. No surgery was done for the spina bifida.
    Answer: Extraordinary care: Ordinary care (surgery for spina bifida) becomes extraordinary care because the fatal kidney condition makes surgery useless. The baby will die regardless of treatment.
    Legal decision – useless treatment not required.

Why is your clip only 23 seconds long?

A lie by omission?

Ok, questions
1) Where is that clip?
2) if it's non viable, then what are the mother and doctors discussing?

We already have laws protecting babies in these insanely rare instances. It's called first degree murder. Republicans do what republicans do best and that is manufacture fake outrage for their political agenda.
You poor, brainwashed Leftist.
The Republican "agenda" began with legislating on behalf of blacks that you DEMOCRATS consigned forever to slavery.
Our "agenda" continues today with liberty and freedom in mind. Something you fear and despise.

Forum List

Back