21 Millionaires In Congress Helped 25 Billionaires Pay Almost Nothing In Taxes

Propublica is out with another blockbuster story on the IRS and who isn't paying their taxes—25 billionaires, among the world's richest people, one of whom even manipulated the system so much he got a $4,000 tax credit for his children.

The consequences are stark. As of 2018, the 25 billionaires were collectively worth $1.1 trillion. It would require the combined wealth of 14.3 million regular wage earners to equal that. Those wage earners paid $143 billion in taxes in 2018. Those holding $1.1 trillion that year paid $1.9 billion. Here's the really frustrating part: "billionaires don’t have to evade taxes exotically and illicitly — they can avoid them routinely and legally." They hold their wealth in dividends, stocks, bonds, and other investments that are taxed at lower rates than wages.

So wage earners should pay more in taxes than billionaires? 100 times more?
who is more likely to give you a job...some worthless welfare lifer...or a billionaire

Propublica is out with another blockbuster story on the IRS and who isn't paying their taxes—25 billionaires, among the world's richest people, one of whom even manipulated the system so much he got a $4,000 tax credit for his children.

The consequences are stark. As of 2018, the 25 billionaires were collectively worth $1.1 trillion. It would require the combined wealth of 14.3 million regular wage earners to equal that. Those wage earners paid $143 billion in taxes in 2018. Those holding $1.1 trillion that year paid $1.9 billion. Here's the really frustrating part: "billionaires don’t have to evade taxes exotically and illicitly — they can avoid them routinely and legally." They hold their wealth in dividends, stocks, bonds, and other investments that are taxed at lower rates than wages.

As a wage earner myself I can still say, I am not a hypocrite.

The rich can afford tax attorneys and legal advice to not pay taxes within the law. If I could afford to not pay taxes i would do exactly the same thing because I am not a hypocrite. No one here, not even you, would pay taxes if they were able to not to. No one wants to pay taxes.

The rich can afford things I can't. Trips around the world, fancy cars, nice houses, and the ability to pay little to no taxes. It's a perk of being rich. Hell I'm middle class and I can do a lot of things poor people can't afford to do. It's the way things go.

The US FPTP system just encourages rich people to control the US. Democracy? No, there's no democracy.

Saw that segment on CNN. Seems our tax system is set up to tax income, not wealth. So yup, a mechanic, plumber etc. pay more, percentage wise, in taxes than billionaires do. Since billionaires don't punch a clock for a living they avoid taxes. If you propose a wealth tax of say 10% to compensate for that, watch the republicans howl.

The rich can afford tax attorneys and legal advice to not pay taxes within the law. If I could afford to not pay taxes i would do exactly the same thing because I am not a hypocrite. No one here, not even you, would pay taxes if they were able to not to. No one wants to pay taxes.

The rich can afford things I can't. Trips around the world, fancy cars, nice houses, and the ability to pay little to no taxes. It's a perk of being rich. Hell I'm middle class and I can do a lot of things poor people can't afford to do. It's the way things go.
So if they can pay taxes within the law, what the hell is your problem. Instead of being complacent in your way of life, take a few risks, see what life can do for you.

I spent 5 1/2 years in Saudi Arabia, making $70,000 a year as a contractor working on F-15s... All tax free...Took the risk, and the rewards were great....

Saw that segment on CNN. Seems our tax system is set up to tax income, not wealth. So yup, a mechanic, plumber etc. pay more, percentage wise, in taxes than billionaires do. Since billionaires don't punch a clock for a living they avoid taxes. If you propose a wealth tax of say 10% to compensate for that, watch the republicans howl.
I beg to differ....Top 20% pay 50% of the tax.

1623199513212.png

Oh as a wage earner...that is taxed as earned income...When you retire your pension is taxed as earned income. Dividends from stocks arent earned income and are taxed at a lower rate..This is the dirty little secret the Progressives dont want people to realize. Those same Progs use the stock dividends to pad their portfolio....

Dividend Tax Rate
Tax Bracket Tax Rate on Regular IncomeTax Rate for Qualified Dividends / Capital Gains
< $9,70010%0%
$9,526 to $39,37512%0%
$39,376 to $39,47512%15%
$39,476 to $84,20022%15%
$84,201 to $160,72524%15%
$160,726 to $204,10032%15%
$204,101 to $434,55035%15%
$434,551 to $510,30035%20%
> $510,30137%20%

The OP thinks we should tax people based on their asset values going up, even if they don’t sell and actually make any money.

That would mean every home owner would have to pay a tax on the estimated home value increase each year, even if they don’t sell. That would bankrupt everyone real quick.

Got it. You're down for wage earners paying $143 billion in taxes while billionaires pay $1.9.

I guess this means you think someone worth a thousand million several times over, should actually get a credit right? Because they would go broke if they didnt?

That the story you're sticking with?
It's an INCOME tax.

If you dont like it, work with us to repeal the INCOME tax.

I beg to differ....Top 20% pay 50% of the tax.

View attachment 498919

Looks like over 66%

These so-called billionaires aren’t wage earners. They have no income to be taxed.
Dividends?
How much did the billionaires earn in income?
Depends on how much they get in dividends.

Are Dividends Taxed?
In short, yes. The IRS considers dividends to be income, so you usually need to pay tax on them. Even if you reinvest all of your dividends directly back into the same company or fund that paid you the dividends, you will pay taxes.

These so-called billionaires aren’t wage earners. They have no income to be taxed.
Dividends?
How much did the billionaires earn in income?
Depends on how much they get in dividends.

Are Dividends Taxed?
In short, yes. The IRS considers dividends to be income, so you usually need to pay tax on them. Even if you reinvest all of your dividends directly back into the same company or fund that paid you the dividends, you will pay taxes.

If they got $1,000,000 in dividends, what rate did they pay?

The OP thinks we should tax people based on their asset values going up, even if they don’t sell and actually make any money.

That would mean every home owner would have to pay a tax on the estimated home value increase each year, even if they don’t sell. That would bankrupt everyone real quick.
I like you how you just pulled that idea out of your ass. No wonder it's easy to fool poor white trash.

Is this why your life sux?

Got it. You're down for wage earners paying $143 billion in taxes while billionaires pay $1.9.

I guess this means you think someone worth a thousand million several times over, should actually get a credit right? Because they would go broke if they didnt?

That the story you're sticking with?
Your Dimwinger leaders control everything. Why have they not fixed this? :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back