2022 is turning into the "Hunger Games" for the GOP

Why are lefties so concerned about the GOP four years from the election?
We arent. We are discussing it in one of literally hundreds of active threads, because that is the topic. Why do all of you cultists have to make something up in EVERY post?
It isn't news or even current events. The post is based on the opinion of somebody named Alex Isenstadt. Lefties like it because the op-ed features "hunger games" (yuk yuk) that doesn't even make sense in a political context. All it does is add fuel to the hatred seething on the left that they can't seem to get rid of even though they won the freaking election.

The rest of the GOP is distancing themselves from him.
Yeah, they are, aren't they? They still seem to believe they control the GOP. IF we have elections next year, they will finally understand how badly they misjudged. That party is Trump's now. He can destroy it or he can just target the establishment scum for removal.
The reason I don't take his haters seriously is that they are losing their minds in panic that he'll return and they will have to cheat AGAIN and possibly set off chaos in the nation. So which is it? Is an inept buffoon who's gone for good or is he a threat that has to be removed at any cost?

Cult speak. On display
As snide remarks designed to anger conservative go, "cult" is getting pretty long in the tooth.

Hopefully the liberal brain that does the thinking for all libs will come up with something fresher for them to use

That you misread the 50/46 split isn't my problem
I didn't misread it. I applied it to the general, not the primaries. I should not have to explain that to another adult, since those are the numbers over all voters.

Nah, i think Romney is safe. He was bucking Trump before 2020. And before 2018.

That you misread the 50/46 split isn't my problem
I didn't misread it. I applied it to the general, not the primaries. I should not have to explain that to another adult, since those are the numbers over all voters.

Nah, i think Romney is safe. He was bucking Trump before 2020. And before 2018.

The only data we have between the two of us is that 64% of republicans approve of him.

What that means is only speculation.

But it certainly means there is some probability (how large or small) he could be defeated in a primary.

Of course that possibility exists even if he were popular today.

He is not up for re-election for two years (of course the primaries are before that) so a lot can change.

As for misreading, I guess I needed to explain that to another adult.

Can't help that.

Here's the deal, lefties hunt around the internet for hate filled blogs and then they post them for the enjoyment of more hate filled lefties. It doesn't matter if it is really "current events" or even makes sense as long as they can post them without thinking too much.

The only data we have between the two of us is that 64% of republicans approve of him.
I know you meant "disapprove". But since the election isn't tomorrow, i am going to say that is a bit of a short lived kneejerk to Romney speaking out against the Big Lie.

I know you meant "disapprove". But since the election isn't tomorrow, i am going to say that is a bit of a short lived kneejerk to Romney speaking out against the Big Lie.

Regardless of how you characterize Romney's behaviour, we have numbers.

Calling it knee-jerk is simply saying it does not line up with your POV.

You have numbers.

Nobody claimed he would be defeated.

But you claimed he "wasn't going anywhere".

I'd say I showed there is the possibility.

You've shown nothing but your penchant for nitpicking when you have nothing else.

No it isn't. Calling it knee jerk means it was a quick reaction to someone, and that those people are all wrong and haven't thought it through. That has nothing to do with my POV. They are wrong.

Complaining about my comments is just your way of protecting the orange slob's legacy. Now that i know this, all of your comments' true meaning will be apparent to me, regardless.of what you actually say.

No it isn't. Calling it knee jerk means it was a quick reaction to someone, and that those people are all wrong and haven't thought it through. That has nothing to do with my POV. They are wrong.

Complaining about my comments is just your way of protecting the orange slob's legacy. Now that i know this, all of your comments' true meaning will be apparent to me, regardless.of what you actually say.

Good grief.

You can't back up your earlier assertions and you just keep adding to the list.

Protecting his legacy ? Never entered the conversation.

What I now know is that you are not to be taken seriously.

This is going exactly as anticipated. Trump is making 2022 GOP grovel against each other in real time for his endorsement. Maybe he'll have them literally wrestling with each other for his amusement.

It was a scene right out of "The Apprentice."

Donald Trump was headlining a fundraiser on Wednesday night at his golf club in West Palm Beach, Fla. But before the dinner began, the former president had some business to take care of: He summoned four Republican Senate candidates vying for Ohio’s open Senate seat for a backroom meeting.

The contenders — former state Treasurer Josh Mandel, former state GOP Chair Jane Timken, technology company executive Bernie Moreno and investment banker Mike Gibbons — had flown down to attend the fundraiser to benefit a Trump-endorsed Ohio candidate looking to oust one of the 10 House Republicans who backed his impeachment. As the candidates mingled during a pre-dinner cocktail reception, one of the president's aides signaled to them that Trump wanted to huddle with them in a room just off the lobby.

What ensued was a 15-minute backroom backbiting session reminiscent of Trump’s reality TV show. Mandel said he was “crushing” Timken in polling. Timken touted her support on the ground thanks to her time as state party chair. Gibbons mentioned how he’d helped Trump’s campaign financially. Moreno noted that his daughter had worked on Trump’s 2020 campaign.

The scene illustrated what has become a central dynamic in the nascent 2022 race. In virtually every Republican primary, candidates are jockeying, auditioning and fighting for the former president’s backing. Trump has received overtures from a multitude of candidates desperate for his endorsement, something that top Republicans say gives him all-encompassing power to make-or-break the outcome of primaries.

And the former president, as was so often the case during his presidency, has seemed to relish pitting people against one another.

One person familiar with what transpired in Wednesday evening’s huddle described it as “Hunger Games,” an awkward showdown that none of them were expecting.
It's great to see Trump is still living in your fucking head rent free! BITCH!

It's great to see Trump is still living in your fucking head rent free! BITCH!
Indeed! We're living in historic times, this damaged child has a death grip on one of our two major parties, and this is all absolutely fascinating.

I'd imagine this will remain fascinating for a long time, too. This period has many historical ties -- "History doesn't repeat, but it does rhyme".

You have been conned by a buffoon. The psychological / sociological / anthropological ramifications of this time are a truly amazing study!

Forum List

Back