2022 is turning into the "Hunger Games" for the GOP

What a stupid reason. So you find the story easy to believe on its merits, but reject it because "liberal media". And you think that doesn't sound completely idiotic? Think about it.
with the lib news media they are lying till proven otherwise

And you have not proven they are telling the truth

you can't verify it so its fake news till you can provide the name of a witness
But only when it comes to Trump or someone tied to Trump, or when it is about some other faux outrage white wing issue. You left out the most important part of your philosophy.

That's how the gullible cultists believe the election was stolen, but reject the idea of a mentally ill narcissist holding court to get praise.

This is going exactly as anticipated. Trump is making 2022 GOP grovel against each other in real time for his endorsement. Maybe he'll have them literally wrestling with each other for his amusement.

It was a scene right out of "The Apprentice."

Donald Trump was headlining a fundraiser on Wednesday night at his golf club in West Palm Beach, Fla. But before the dinner began, the former president had some business to take care of: He summoned four Republican Senate candidates vying for Ohio’s open Senate seat for a backroom meeting.

The contenders — former state Treasurer Josh Mandel, former state GOP Chair Jane Timken, technology company executive Bernie Moreno and investment banker Mike Gibbons — had flown down to attend the fundraiser to benefit a Trump-endorsed Ohio candidate looking to oust one of the 10 House Republicans who backed his impeachment. As the candidates mingled during a pre-dinner cocktail reception, one of the president's aides signaled to them that Trump wanted to huddle with them in a room just off the lobby.

What ensued was a 15-minute backroom backbiting session reminiscent of Trump’s reality TV show. Mandel said he was “crushing” Timken in polling. Timken touted her support on the ground thanks to her time as state party chair. Gibbons mentioned how he’d helped Trump’s campaign financially. Moreno noted that his daughter had worked on Trump’s 2020 campaign.

The scene illustrated what has become a central dynamic in the nascent 2022 race. In virtually every Republican primary, candidates are jockeying, auditioning and fighting for the former president’s backing. Trump has received overtures from a multitude of candidates desperate for his endorsement, something that top Republicans say gives him all-encompassing power to make-or-break the outcome of primaries.

And the former president, as was so often the case during his presidency, has seemed to relish pitting people against one another.

One person familiar with what transpired in Wednesday evening’s huddle described it as “Hunger Games,” an awkward showdown that none of them were expecting.
That’s right, we’re going to boot the McCain-Romney-McConnell types and elect America-First China-Last patriots.
And no, we don’t care how much you cry about it.

give us a name so we can know the biden flunky at politico isnt making all this up?
Why would you think it is made up? Is there something about the orange slob holding court to get praise that you find hard to believe?
They don't like it, so it's fake news.

Predictable. This is vintage Trump, and the sheep know it. AND, they LIKE it.

It's like the unsubstantiated claims of the right....worthless.

We deal in that far more than actual fact based issues.

You really don't seem to care that the more silver-tonged salesman gets the goods.

It is more entertaining than The Hunger Games - if you're anything other than a 16 year old girl.
And just as fictitious.....Which 'splains why you're as entertained as a 16-year old girl.
Haha...you are so gotdam weird. You will call it fiction, then spend the next week defending it and saying thats how it should be. Fucking freaks.

That’s right, we’re going to boot the McCain-Romney-McConnell types and elect America-First China-Last patriots.
Romney isn't going anywhere. Sorry. Utah already has a cult. They "trump" your cult.

Can you provide support for you claim Romney isn't going anywhere ?

This does not say he will, but it says he might.

Poor Mac1958

He used to be in the middle, on the sidelines, not aligned with either side like you.

But he sold his soul to the devil in 2020 and now he's a spear carrier for biden and the dems

Last edited:
Other than the 50/46 numbers you just posted? I mean...thanks for saving me the time.
Other than the 50/46 numbers you just posted? I mean...thanks for saving me the time.

I am truly sorry you don't know how to read polls.

If many of those 50 are democrats they have nothing to say in a primary.

Here is what the article said.

A new Deseret News/Hinckley Institute of Politics poll found 64% of Republicans in the state disapprove of his job performance, including half who strongly disapprove.

While the first-term senator’s overall 50% approval rating among Utah voters is only slightly lower than where it has been the past year, his 46% disapproval in the latest survey is higher than ever.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Glad to help you understand.

you know Mac1958 used to be in the middle, on the sidelines, not aligned with either side like you.

But he sold his soul to the devil in 2020 and now he's a spear carrier for biden and the dems

I am not in the middle.

I am solidly conservative.

But I grow tired of the unsubstantiated claims of the right.

We should be focusing on real issues.

If we did, we'd cut the left off at the knees.

So you are saying he will be primaried out of office. I find that hard to believe, despite disapproval among republicans. The lion's share of the reasons given were events prior to the 2020 election.

A figurative comparison.
And cult speak. Everyone in the small cult believes everyone else outside the cult is "bad, mkay". True of all cults. This is one thing you cultists don't understand fully, by nature of your cultism. It is inherent.

So you are saying he will be primaried out of office. I find that hard to believe, despite disapproval among republicans. The lion's share of the reasons given were events prior to the 2020 election.

I didn't say he would. I said that article was just one of several that he could.

That you misread the 50/46 split isn't my problem. And what you believe does not matter.

All you need is the right candidate and he'll be gone.

Forum List

Back