2021 Ford Bronco

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Anyone else been looking at these and seriously considering buying one? I'm looking at the Big Bend edition, really don't need it built for off road, did that to my 1997 Wrangler (3.5 Black Diamond lift, Detroit Trutrac in rear diff. (limited slip) as well as 33" tires and regeared to 3.73 from 4.10, all that and barely got it dirty, worried about scratching it ) and this one is only for on road use. Dealer has one for 34K.

Anyone else been looking at these and seriously considering buying one? I'm looking at the Big Bend edition, really don't need it built for off road, did that to my 1997 Wrangler (3.5 Black Diamond lift, Detroit Trutrac in rear diff. (limited slip) as well as 33" tires and regeared to 3.73 from 4.10, all that and barely got it dirty, worried about scratching it ) and this one is only for on road use. Dealer has one for 34K.

nice looking but I dont buy new cars and feed the corporatists fat cats,,

I'm not usually a new car buyer but I'm finally able to plunk down some money on something new and reduce my payments to something not very noticeable every two weeks, might as well go for it.

Some have opined that buying a brand new car is the worst investment you can make due to the rapid depreciation factor. I don't know. I kind of like the peace of mind knowing that if anything goes wrong with it in the first three years I'm not responsible.

I used to buy a car and keep it for years until it started having issues. I liked having several years without a car payment, but then my brother talked me into leasing and turns out my wife and I prefer that instead. We lease our cars and get a new one every three years.

I checked one out at the Mecum Collector Car Auction in Kissimmee back in January:

BRONCO.jpg

I dunno', I can't say I was impressed by it enough to want one...

Its like whoever designed this, asked a bunch of wrangler owners what their beef was with their vehicles, and the guy fixed that. It can even climb better than the wrangler!

I checked one out at the Mecum Collector Car Auction in Kissimmee back in January:

View attachment 461201

I dunno', I can't say I was impressed by it enough to want one...

That's sweet, I used to work with one of the Mecum's of that family, albeit only a distant cousin, he still had a tiny share of that collection, something like a percentage of one percent, not enough to live on but a decent monthly check. Dude was a real hardhead, always getting into it with management, they fired him eventually.

I'm not too hot on that Bronco, but these things can be configured in more ways than about any vehicle I've ever seen before.

Some have opined that buying a brand new car is the worst investment you can make due to the rapid depreciation factor. I don't know. I kind of like the peace of mind knowing that if anything goes wrong with it in the first three years I'm not responsible.

I used to buy a car and keep it for years until it started having issues. I liked having several years without a car payment, but then my brother talked me into leasing and turns out my wife and I prefer that instead. We lease our cars and get a new one every three years.
What hurts with leasing is the hefty initial down payment otherwise I agree.

I wont buy the first year of any vehicle.
But yeah I like em a lot!! Especially in the higher end models that come with 35's.
Love the idea of being able to take off the body panels if you plan on getting into some gnarly shit!!!
And that they were able to get front wheel travel in a IFS that rivals solid axle travel is bad ass.
1614187288625.png

1614187330560.png

Saw one on the road and was not impressed reminded me of the Fiat based Jeep Renegade

Ugly thing, like almost all modern trucks.

Well with you being a chick I'm not surprised you dont like it's tough manly look.

I was considering the Bronco. My wife bought a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee last year, so this year it's my turn. And then I ordered a Tesla Cybertruck, the dual motor AWD. Still, the new Bronco is pretty cool. If you can afford it then why not go for it?

Well with you being a chick I'm not surprised you dont like it's tough manly look.
What is it with conservitards account like calling someone female is an insult?

I'm a 53 year old white male, BTW.

Doesn't look "manly", it looks like a hot wheels toy.

Forum List

Back