2020 voting

Mrs Clinton won the popular vote in 2016 beating Trump by 3 or 4 million. I understand that your system delivered a result that people didnt vote for. Much like ours.

How many more votes will the Dems need to get in order to get a Dem as President ? And at what point will people agree that the process is not fit for purpose ?
We have an Electoral College so that a few largely populated states don’t run our nation. We have something called “federalism” in the United States.

Mrs Clinton won the popular vote in 2016 beating Trump by 3 or 4 million. I understand that your system delivered a result that people didnt vote for. Much like ours.

How many more votes will the Dems need to get in order to get a Dem as President ? And at what point will people agree that the process is not fit for purpose ?

The Democrats could probably beat Trump without getting more popular votes... they simply have to commit sufficient resources to Swing States that are winnable.

Hillary neglected WI, MI, and PA to piss away a lot of money in AZ, which she was never going to win.

As for the EC, I agree, it is an awful system, but we'd have to amend the constitution to get rid of it... A lot of the smaller states might not be too keen on that, as it gives them outsized influence, and you need 38 states to agree.

Laughable.

Putin will, once again, use the nonliving and Illegals to flip key swing States. You're not able to combat Uncle Vlad.

The Democrats could probably beat Trump without getting more popular votes... they simply have to commit sufficient resources to Swing States that are winnable.

Hillary neglected WI, MI, and PA to piss away a lot of money in AZ, which she was never going to win.

As for the EC, I agree, it is an awful system, but we'd have to amend the constitution to get rid of it... A lot of the smaller states might not be too keen on that, as it gives them outsized influence, and you need 38 states to agree.

Laughable.

Putin will, once again, use the nonliving and Illegals to flip key swing States. You're not able to combat Uncle Vlad.
Stop fucking with their heads! It is too much...OMG!
:laughing0301::laughing0301::lmao::lmao::laugh::laugh:

Do you mean the same George Bush who was constantly portrayed as a "chimp" by the left?

oh, noes... they made a funny meme.

You know what Bush didn't do?

He didn't mock the disabled.
He didn't call women ugly.
He didn't brag about grabbing women by the pussy.
He didn't tell people of color who disagreed with him to "Go Back Where you Came From".

Wow- it was nice when presidents had decorum and standards, wasn't it?

BoJo (Tories), by a significant margin, won a plurality of votes. Trump, by comparison, didn't even achieve that.

Both systems break the "One (Wo)Man, One Vote" principle that is the very foundation of democracy, which would require proportional representation (or a reasonably close approximation). As things stand, Democrats need 5%, better 7%, more votes than Republicans in order to win the presidency.

As you've seen, there is no rational argument available that would explain why a Californian vote should have less weight than a vote cast in other states. Enfranchising non-propertied, white men, blacks, and finally women, creates a trajectory towards proper representation. That path will take another step once the two main parties both realize they need to take that last step in order to compete. I would guess, once younger, less reactionary cohorts and a growing number of Latinos turn Texas more and more purple, and finally blue, even the GOP will realize that they need to broaden their base, since without Texas, and without Latino votes in significantly higher numbers, they are going to be a structural minority party. That's probably when even the GOP might suddenly discover the virtues of the "One (Wo)Man, One Vote" principle, and of proportional representation. Before that, naw, the party of White Supremacy will submerge every principled argument under a tsunami of sanctimony and mendacity, as is their habit.

Do you mean the same George Bush who was constantly portrayed as a "chimp" by the left?

He didn't tell people of color who disagreed with him to "Go Back Where you Came From".

And yet, he was "Chimpy McHitler" for eight years.

I suppose you should have saved the hyperbole for the next guy.

The thing is ... when you call everyone Hitler ... nice guys don't want the job.

At this moment, you're reaping what you've sown.

Next year ... I hope the Americans will follow the excellent example of our cousins across the pond and give our Labour Party a sound thrashing by voting conservative ...

20140614_BRP006_0.jpg

The thing is ... when you call everyone Hitler ... nice guys don't want the job.

Did you forget the awful stuff Repukes said about Clinton and Obama.

Um, no, there's really no excuse for Trump, and the Republicans are cowards for going along with the insanity.

rush limbaugh gave us the term FemiNAZI

Since roger ailles put limbaugh on radio stations all over the country 30 years ago right wing media and millions of conservatives have called liberals and democrats NAZIS

here are some pictures to remind you of what you have so conveniently forgotten because you are a devious deceitful lying sack of conservative human scum.

hitler0.jpg hitler1.jpg hitler2.jpg

YOUR side started calling the OTHER side NAZIS 30 years ago!

so fuk you ya stinking nazi

YOU have reaped what YOU have sewn.

fkn stinking conservative lying hypocrites and human fkn scum

Since roger ailles put limbaugh on radio stations all over the country 30 years ago right wing media and millions of conservatives have called liberals and democrats NAZIS

here are some pictures to remind you of what you have so conveniently forgotten because you are a devious deceitful lying sack of conservative human scum.

View attachment 295178 View attachment 295179 View attachment 295180

Why did I hear all that in Hitler's voice when I read that?

Weird.

Why did I hear all that in Hitler's voice when I read that?

Weird.
Because anyname is a Nazi loving brainwashed liberal lunatic? That would be MY guess............

Idjit!! The Nazi crap has been a regular insult from the left since bloody forever!!

images

Greg

Rubbish; the left hated Bush more than Trump because he ridded the world of Saddam; their template for how they would run America!! Stuff them! To be fair, I didn't like "The Apprentice" though most of its audience was indeed Democrats.

Greg

What the fuck are “people of color?”
I tell what else he didn’t do:
Encourage the murder of police officers.
Get a Nobel Peace Prize for no reason.
Attempt to give Iran a nuclear weapon.
Ignore the Snow Bunny “knockout game.”
Weaken our military.
Go on an apology tour around the world
Fail to secure our borders by allowing people to call themselves “refugees” instead of immigrants, or illegals, and promoting a new “victim class” for political purposes.
Attempting to enact a communist health care system.

Did you forget the awful stuff Repukes said about Clinton and Obama.

Um, no, there's really no excuse for Trump, and the Republicans are cowards for going along with the insanity.
That Clinton was a weasel and that Obama was a community organizer Marxist? Both are true...what’s your point?

I can't believe how stupid you are.

per·son of col·or
noun
plural noun: people of color
  1. a person who is not white or of European parentage.

per·son of col·or
noun
I’m white...that makes me a “color” just not a whiner.

per·son of col·or
noun
I’m stupid? You support Bernie Sanders and I’m stupid? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back