2017 Trump Tax Cuts did not go to the wealthiest 1%

Trump's tax cut was across the board every income tax payer under $500,000 per year got one...and undoing it will raise everyone's taxes....

With being almost 30 trillion in debt would be the thing to do.
That's right...because when you lower taxes and cut regulation it spurs on growth...businesses earn more people earn more and the treasury receives more revenue...its simple really...I know they don't cover this in our broken school system so I'll give you a pass....
I'll call that cutting taxes to spur growth "Bullshit 101"
Trump's tax cuts assumed a 5% GDP growth, and the GDP growth was always about 1.8%
What does grow when they cut taxes is the Debt. Either a war or a pandemic will happen that busts the bubble and grows the Debt.

We're getting close to the point when the Fed raises rates, the interest on the Debt will start hurting their spending plans.
More money to the treasury is what will solve the debt crisis not clamping down on business and industry...that will never work and you get more money into the treasury by having more people contribute via income tax....its really simple stuff....

No one is "clamping down" on anything.
If you owned a coal business or a pipeline business you would not be saying that....when taxes go up I can't invest like I would like in new machinery and people...that's a clamp down in my book...your problem is you have never ran a business or made a payroll....and neither has the finger rapist Joe...lifetime public hack...

They didn't get a tax cut...the individual tax rate for high earners stayed the same
What are you talking about? The rates in all income tax brackets went down. The top tax rate went from 39.6% to 37%.
No you are wrong look it up....once again you are confusing corporate tax rates with individual tax rates....
I quoted you individual tax rates.
1622756708537.jpeg

Trump's tax cut was across the board every income tax payer under $500,000 per year got one...and undoing it will raise everyone's taxes....
Except the meager tax cut to the poor was temporary, declining every year to 0, the tax cuts to the wealthy and businesses were permanent!

Last edited:
Its not the tax rates, its the loopholes. Trump didn't pay anything, neither did many of the wealthiest.
Remember when Leona Helmsley let the cat out of the bag? "Only little people pay taxes"
The top tax rates did better over the past decades than the rest of us.
View attachment 497020
Deceptive statistics.

The income tax falls heaviest upon people who work for wages and salaries...."Wealth" isn't taxed.
Exactly, wealth isn't taxed. Neither are "capital gains" unless they up the tax rate.
Other taxes I'm in favor of are:
1. Transaction tax on financial transactions, stocks, bonds, derivatives, bitcoin, etc.
2. Remittance Tax on all money sent out of the US, this would gain $150b a year.
3. Fix Social Security and MediCare to keep them solvent
Social security contributions stop at a certain level of income. Nobody ever explained why. Most people pay SS taxes on every paycheck. Not the wealthy.

They didn't get a tax cut...the individual tax rate for high earners stayed the same
What are you talking about? The rates in all income tax brackets went down. The top tax rate went from 39.6% to 37%.
No you are wrong look it up....once again you are confusing corporate tax rates with individual tax rates....
View attachment 497039
Why are you so opposed to people paying less in federal tax?....how is your life better if they don't get a modest tax cut of 1.5%?....

That's right...because when you lower taxes and cut regulation it spurs on growth...businesses earn more people earn more and the treasury receives more revenue...its simple really...I know they don't cover this in our broken school system so I'll give you a pass....
Trump's tax cuts assumed a 5% GDP growth, and the GDP growth was always about 1.8%
What does grow when they cut taxes is the Debt. Either a war or a pandemic will happen that busts the bubble and grows the Debt.

We're getting close to the point when the Fed raises rates, the interest on the Debt will start hurting their spending plans.
More money to the treasury is what will solve the debt crisis not clamping down on business and industry...that will never work and you get more money into the treasury by having more people contribute via income tax....its really simple stuff....

If you owned a coal business or a pipeline business you would not be saying that....when taxes go up I can't invest like I would like in new machinery and people...that's a clamp down in my book...your problem is you have never ran a business or made a payroll....and neither has the finger rapist Joe...lifetime public hack...

We plow trillions into business by pumping the markets. All that is being asked is a little bit of it back.

View attachment 497039
Why are you so opposed to people paying less in federal tax?....how is your life better if they don't get a modest tax cut of 1.5%?....

Russia Cuts Dollar Holdings From $119 Billion Wealth Fund Amid Sanctions

View attachment 497039
Same reason I’m opposed to setting all federal taxes to 0%.

We plow trillions into business by pumping the markets. All that is being asked is a little bit of it back.
For what?...how is your life made better if I pay more?....the rich never pay it you know....the middle class is where the real wealth is...and that's why the dems always aim for the rich but hit the rest of us when you are not watching....

You libs are crying about taxes when gas has gone up 100% since Joe was put in office by fraud....

Xiden’s plan would raise taxes on the working class and do away with trumps tax cuts to the working class...who had the largest cuts

For what?...how is your life made better if I pay more?....the rich never pay it you know....the middle class is where the real wealth is...and that's why the dems always aim for the rich but hit the rest of us when you are not watching....

It's not about me. Unfortunately that's how most people look at things.

You can't judge the nations economic health with GDP numbers that lag behind and always must be corrected....
2.9% was the third estimate. As for whether it’s a lagging indicator? GDP growth in 2019 was 2.3%.

So there goes that excuse.

Its not the tax rates, its the loopholes. Trump didn't pay anything, neither did many of the wealthiest.
Remember when Leona Helmsley let the cat out of the bag? "Only little people pay taxes"
The top tax rates did better over the past decades than the rest of us.
View attachment 497020
Deceptive statistics.

The income tax falls heaviest upon people who work for wages and salaries...."Wealth" isn't taxed.
Exactly, wealth isn't taxed. Neither are "capital gains" unless they up the tax rate.
Other taxes I'm in favor of are:
1. Transaction tax on financial transactions, stocks, bonds, derivatives, bitcoin, etc.
2. Remittance Tax on all money sent out of the US, this would gain $150b a year.
3. Fix Social Security and MediCare to keep them solvent
1) No.
2) Yes.
3) Abolish them outright.

You do understand taxes can be cut and the resulting economic activity can and has generated more tax revenue for the federal government ? Would you like to see the numbers after Kennedy cut taxes?

You do understand taxes can be cut and the resulting economic activity can and has generated more tax revenue for the federal government ? Would you like to see the numbers after Kennedy cut taxes?

Maybe we can discuss what Millard Fillmore did after that. Then we can discuss the national debt at the time of Kennedy and all the massive pumping of the markets we did back then? No?

Forum List

Back