2016 is Going Democrat

I lean right and I am voting for a Republican, but objectively speaking I can see how it is not a Democratic year.

First even Republican years the electoral colleges are so skewed against them it is criminal. A Republican must be perfect to win. With the economy looking up I can see how a Republican can get a clean sweep. Whether it is Sanders or Clinton, the Dems will win.

They will also get a 50-50 split in the senate. Dems always turnout in Presidential elections: Il, NH, PA and WI should go blue.

The Republicans should retain the house but their lead will get cut into.

It won't be a great 2016!

The economy is "looking up?" What country are you living in? Who in this economy, other then a 1 percenter like Mrs. Clinton is doing well? If there is any reason to get rid of the democrats, as was done the last two mid-terms it is the economy and debt.
Sounds like you're under the impression that political parties can heal or harm the economy.

So NOT true.

The economy will not get better because we elect Democrats or Republicans.

Economies get better when people like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, The Koch Brothers, and Sam Walton create new apps, and companies.

In 2007, Economists predicted job growth would start back up again after 2016.

One of the parties will just takes credit for it

Party can and does effect the economy.
Many businesses hold off on expansion or investing when you have a dem in office due to their anti business policies.
I lean right and I am voting for a Republican, but objectively speaking I can see how it is not a Democratic year.

First even Republican years the electoral colleges are so skewed against them it is criminal. A Republican must be perfect to win. With the economy looking up I can see how a Republican can get a clean sweep. Whether it is Sanders or Clinton, the Dems will win.

They will also get a 50-50 split in the senate. Dems always turnout in Presidential elections: Il, NH, PA and WI should go blue.

The economy is "looking up?" What country are you living in? Who in this economy, other then a 1 percenter like Mrs. Clinton is doing well? If there is any reason to get rid of the democrats, as was done the last two mid-terms it is the economy and debt.
Sounds like you're under the impression that political parties can heal or harm the economy.

So NOT true.

Economies get better when people like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, The Koch Brothers, and Sam Walton create new apps, and companies.

Party can and does effect the economy.
Many businesses hold off on expansion or investing when you have a dem in office due to their anti business policies.
I have an investment opportunity for you, in Nigeria, and some great waterfront property for you to look at

Sorry...you'll have to pass off your poor business decisions to some other sucker.
You should have much better luck peddling your mistake at DU.
Goodluck....

This isn't something new....
RealClearMarkets - Without Trust In the Economy, There Is No Economy

Political Factors Affecting Business

Next you'll tell me obamacare had no effect on business......

Dems will just have to continually remind you how bad it was in 2008. While our economy is not booming, the fact is I can't think of anyone I know who is not working full-time or more. Things are actually looking up for the most part, especially when we look at the economies throughout the world. Ours is currently the strongest, by a big margin. If the rest of the world's economies were booming, and we were only showing slightly over 2% growth, than this idea that things aren't going so well would make much more sense, but the fact is that we are doing fairly well in relation to most other countries at this time.

I just poined out that Wyoming's electoral representation per capita is close to thee times that of California. Far from saying they were underrepresented, I was saying they are overrepresented.

However, the winner-take-all system of casting electoral votes means that a plurality of voters within a State can control all of its electoral votes. Under a proportional system, Wyoming's electoral votes might be split 2-1 for the GOP, whereas California's might be split 35-20 for the Dems. As a result, the current system gives voters in California 20 times the impact on Presidential elections as voters in Wyoming

Last edited:

The faux unemployment rate is down to what they call full employment, the new job numbers are high each month, gas prices are low, the stock market is doing well etc.

I see through the holes. Stagnate wages, high food stamp rate, low labor participation rate etc.

But perception is reality and the media toss out these great numbers and many people eat them up.

So NOT true.

I do agree that just voting in a party doesn't make a difference. After all they are both different sides of the same coin. But the OP contended that the economy was something that the democrats could run on, they should be running from it.
I contend that with the electoral colleges skewed they way they are a Republican must be perfect. I mean, controversy aside, Bush barely pulled out his 2 wins. The view of the economy makes perfection very difficult

Regardless of who wins the presidency, 28 of the Senate seats are defended by GOP. Of the 19 seats that can be contested. 18 belong to the GOP. The stats look like the Dems will win at least 11, giving the party a solid majority.
Lol more like 4. IL is your only sure fire victory. NH, WI and PA will be tough ones.

First even Republican years the electoral colleges are so skewed against them it is criminal.!

Well, let's see here. Wyoming has 3 electoral votes for 560,000 people and always votes republican.

California has 55 electoral votes for 38,800,000 people and usually votes democrat..

Can't you do the math? I sure can.

You have it so completely backwards here, it isn't even funny.
California went 60-40 Obama to Romney. Romney got millions of votes, but the way the electoral college is rigged Obama gets 100% of EC.

First even Republican years the electoral colleges are so skewed against them it is criminal.!

Well, let's see here. Wyoming has 3 electoral votes for 560,000 people and always votes republican.

California has 55 electoral votes for 38,800,000 people and usually votes democrat..

What Wyoming might lack in electoral representation, they more than make up for in terms of influence in the Senate.

600,000 Wyomians have the same influence as 33 million Californians when it comes to the legislation passed through the senate

It doesn't appear that you got my point.

I just poined out that Wyoming's electoral representation per capita is close to thee times that of California. Far from saying they were underrepresented, I was saying they are overrepresented.
Sorry, my bad, I agree.

If I lived in Wyoming or Alaska I might like the over represntation

So NOT true.

I do agree that just voting in a party doesn't make a difference. After all they are both different sides of the same coin. But the OP contended that the economy was something that the democrats could run on, they should be running from it.
I contend that with the electoral colleges skewed they way they are a Republican must be perfect. I mean, controversy aside, Bush barely pulled out his 2 wins. The view of the economy makes perfection very difficult

You, Romney and I agree. The democrats start out with a huge lead. 47 percent or more, in the popular vote. As for perfection in the electorial college, here is a map that is pretty damn close to perfection, it can and has been done.

1984_large.png

Regardless of who wins the presidency, 28 of the Senate seats are defended by GOP. Of the 19 seats that can be contested. 18 belong to the GOP. The stats look like the Dems will win at least 11, giving the party a solid majority.
Lol more like 4. IL is your only sure fire victory. NH, WI and PA will be tough ones.
Check the reports and the polls. It will be a solid majority for the Dems.

Yeah, but if Nutty Old Uncle Bernie wins it's gonna be fun to watch!

If nutty old Bernie goes against Crazy old Donald, Bernie will win. Donald may be sending us over a Liberal Clift, more Liberal than many of us would like.

California went 60-40 Obama to Romney. Romney got millions of votes, but the way the electoral college is rigged Obama gets 100% of EC.

and Texas went 41% for Obama and 57 % for Romney with Romney getting the electoral votes..

Trump would lose NY and CA while taking Texas. He would have a fighting chance in FL, NC, VA, OH, PA, IN, IA, CO, and NM.

and Texas went 41% for Obama and 57 % for Romney with Romney getting the electoral votes..
Very true, but many there are many more so called blue states that sway this way. For every TX there is a NY, NJ, IL, PA

So NOT true.

You, Romney and I agree. The democrats start out with a huge lead. 47 percent or more, in the popular vote. As for perfection in the electorial college, here is a map that is pretty damn close to perfection, it can and has been done.

1984_large.png
Right, but don't forget Reagan was from California.

So NOT true.

1984_large.png
Right, but don't forget Reagan was from California.

And that makes what difference? If Gore would have carried his OWN state he would have been president.

Forum List

Back