£20 trillion stashed away in tax havens by super rich

£13tn hoard hidden from taxman by global elite

A global super-rich elite has exploited gaps in cross-border tax rules to hide an extraordinary £13 trillion ($21tn) of wealth offshore – as much as the American and Japanese GDPs put together – according to research commissioned by the campaign group Tax Justice Network.

This is what its all about. Surely this should unite right and left ?

I guess taxes are too high, eh comrade?
I guess you are too stupid to know that if those people paid the taxes as they should, your tax rate might be lower.

Why would an African dictator impact my tax rate?

Your empire and it's hegemony have everything to do with your debt, taxes, and social dysfunction. We'll be happy to sell any dictator arms.

And?

A global super-rich elite has exploited gaps in cross-border tax rules to hide an extraordinary £13 trillion ($21tn) of wealth offshore – as much as the American and Japanese GDPs put together – according to research commissioned by the campaign group Tax Justice Network.

no, our debt is too high.

Feel free to contribute to paying it down......
i pay taxes almost every time i spend money. don't blame me I am not rich enough to "balance the budget".

i pay taxes almost every time i spend money. don't blame me I am not rich enough to "balance the budget".

You're whining about Federal Debt, so send the IRS a check, slacker.

Government just spends what it don't have - a kid with accredit card

sad really

they screw up everything they touch but lest give government more money and responsibility because this time it will be different and they will get it right.

Pass.

get it right and then we will talk.

Until then minimize and hide.,

I guess you are too stupid to know that if those people paid the taxes as they should, your tax rate might be lower.

Seriously ?

You think this is all money from America and Europe? Seriously?
Where did I say that ? Heres the thing. When these bastards rob their countries and salt it all away in Switzerland and Panama they cause poverty and instability in their country. And that breeds all sorts of issues that you and I end up paying for. When the super rich dodge taxes you and I pay more.
Its at an epic level in the UK and we have a government that facilitates it and diverts attention by demonising the poor.

Seriously ?

You think this is all money from America and Europe? Seriously?
Where did I say that ? Heres the thing. When these bastards rob their countries and salt it all away in Switzerland and Panama they cause poverty and instability in their country. And that breeds all sorts of issues that you and I end up paying for. When the super rich dodge taxes you and I pay more.
Its at an epic level in the UK and we have a government that facilitates it and diverts attention by demonising the poor.

When these bastards rob their countries and salt it all away in Switzerland and Panama they cause poverty and instability in their country.

Yeah, that's awful!

And that breeds all sorts of issues that you and I end up paying for.

Maybe we need to bring back the Empire? White Man's Burden, eh?

When the super rich dodge taxes you and I pay more.

I don't pay more because a kleptocrat is hiding his money.

Its at an epic level in the UK

Cut your rates.

I gotz it and you can't have it.

You can't tax holdings just earnings cupcake.
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

:thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave::thewave:

:tongue-44:

:fu:

No one cares about the debt including those who attempt to bludgeon others with it.

I care.

Need a hug?

:itsok:

I avoid it like the plague bruh.

More money right down the rat hole.

You're whining about Federal Debt, so send the IRS a check, slacker.
I want to end the drug war, instead. it is more fiscally responsible.

---------------------------------------------------------------- cross border tax rules , does that mean that these super rich are doing this LEGALLY Tommy !!

---------------------------------------------------------------- cross border tax rules , does that mean that these super rich are doing this LEGALLY Tommy !!
They set the rules so there is no problem.

Aw there are people who don't want whst they have stolen from them.
This is a crime and they should be imprisoned for life. Just a guess but I'm assuming you are ok with this type of crime but not thugs mugging ppl or getting caught with some weed.

They are going to do this regardless of what taxes are. It needs to be punished accordingly.

Are they breaking some law? Get your reps to close the loopholes. Or are all our reps bought and paid for?

But as long as they super rich are not breaking any laws, there is nothing to be done. A level consumption tax would pay all the bills and make it hard to cheat.

Oh, and the super rich are not being evil. They are doing the same thing we do when we put our kids on our tax forms or add up the interest on our mortgage to use the tax credit. Everyone looks to lower their tax bill. Rather than soak more people, how about we spend less? Balance the budget? Get out of wars we don't belong in.

This is a crime and they should be imprisoned for life. Just a guess but I'm assuming you are ok with this type of crime but not thugs mugging ppl or getting caught with some weed.

They are going to do this regardless of what taxes are. It needs to be punished accordingly.

Punish them for what? Have they broken any laws?

Tax evasion, likely. But hey let's just start the investigation based on public discontent. Then after awhile get the emails and if nothing related to tax evasion sticks, I'm sure we'll find some other punishable transgression.

Tax evasion, likely. But hey let's just start the investigation based on public discontent. Then after awhile get the emails and if nothing related to tax evasion sticks, I'm sure we'll find some other punishable transgression.

So use the tax system as punishment for success? How enlightened.

Chances are pretty good that there have been no laws broken, and so nothing to prosecute them with. Unless it is illegal to put your money in a bank in another country, there is nothing to be done.

So use the tax system as punishment for success? How enlightened.

Chances are pretty good that there have been no laws broken, and so nothing to prosecute them with. Unless it is illegal to put your money in a bank in another country, there is nothing to be done.
They always have the option to permanently relocate somewhere more tax friendly. Some island in the middle of nowhere. But then...they may not be able to benefit as well from their original first world economy. Which is the catch 22 of the tax is theft argument.

They want all the benefits of a humming economy, trained and secure labor pool, favorable market conditions and infrastructure, affordable and well defended land, things that come a great public and private cost, generations of effort. But they don't want to pay for it. The greatest winners in society don't want to pay for the conditions that were necessarily required to win so hard.

Forum List

Back