2 types of thinking

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
I'm not sure if there are people here with whom I can discuss this topic, but I'll try.

There are 2 main types of thinking: logical (induction and deduction) and linguistic. language thinking is a processor that executes instructions. This is actually a model of a modern computer. That is why a modern computer is demanding on memory but has limited processing power. The autistic brain, if we consider the canonical autist is the Rain Man, has precisely the language type of thinking.

Another parallel in IT is the difference between supervised and unsupervised learning in AI. Unsupervised learning is a method based on logic and associative memory. Learning with a teacher comes down to memorizing instructions for later execution.

• Banned
I think supervised learning in AI is a convoluted way of doing the same thing we do in regular programming - supplying the interpreter with the instructions. In fact, this is a scam.

• Banned
A simple conditioned reflex is an analogue of learning without a teacher, and this is already the basis of healthy thinking. Linguistic thinking is just a "zombie disease", it is an inferior perverted thinking that does not reflect a different reality than the one that is "written to disk" with the help of language.

• Banned
From this principle, the left and right models of society already follow. If we have units with linguistic thinking (Rain People), then someone needs to give instructions from above, hence the federal government and its vertical of officials. They are not capable of making independent decisions without instructions from above - this is the whole point of federalization. Therefore, the autist himself is interested in the leftist society, he can physically be nothing but a servant. Therefore, he gives his rights to slaveowners - he does not need them. He does not need the rights to some actions and decisions, but the one who will do it instead of him, he delegates his rights.

Last edited:
From this principle, the left and right models of society already follow. If we have units with linguistic thinking (Rain People), then someone needs to give instructions from above, hence the federal government and its vertical of officials. They are not capable of making independent decisions without instructions from above - this is the whole point of federalization. Therefore, the autist himself is interested in the leftist society, he can physically be nothing but a servant. Therefore, he gives his rights to slaveowners - he does not need them. He does not need the rights to some actions and decisions, but the one who will do it instead of him, he delegates his rights.
You just went off the rails (if you were ever on them).

I'm not sure if there are people here with whom I can discuss this topic, but I'll try.

There are 2 main types of thinking: logical (induction and deduction) and linguistic. language thinking is a processor that executes instructions. This is actually a model of a modern computer. That is why a modern computer is demanding on memory but has limited processing power. The autistic brain, if we consider the canonical autist is the Rain Man, has precisely the language type of thinking.

Another parallel in IT is the difference between supervised and unsupervised learning in AI. Unsupervised learning is a method based on logic and associative memory. Learning with a teacher comes down to memorizing instructions for later execution.
There is two types of thinking, those that thing there are two types of thinking and those that don't.

On a serious note, sure, verbal processing is different than visual processing and higher order processing that we refer to as induction and deduction. Curiously, you left out abduction, which is different than the complexities of processing language and thinking verbally. But I don't consider these to be categorically distinct. Perhaps it is just that we lack sufficient technical definition of them that would draw those lines where borrowing from best colloquial language fails. Perhaps it is just that in practice, the demands of functionality requires that we can't distinguish between them in practice. But from my practical experience....

My job is to analyze incomplete and conflicting data from the field and figure out what they did. I use abduction, deduction, context, axioms, visual models, language models, and language analysis (what's he trying to say?"} , to craft carefully worded questions, employing understanding of individual psychology, and language skills to elicit additional technical information in the most efficient way possible without overburdening the group with excess context so as to not distract them but still burrow down to the one question that best focuses them on the exact info needed. They all interact. I am attentive to recognizing the distinction between different processes because efficiency in it is paramount to production level processing of information. Sometimes it is simple, sometimes complex, but in the end, I get something of a gestalt that is the most reasonable and least problematic interpretation. Arg. Yeah, sometimes we do get migraines, anxious, blood sugar slumps, or need too much coffee. But then, who doesn't?

From a purely physiological standpoint, what we have is a human being that has a handful of specific senses, visual and auditory being the two most effective. I do find that I can think more emotionally, that is change the emotional content which changes the context and the interpretation. Kinda like running the information through feelings like denial, anger, bargaining, etc. Those become visual, verbal and physical thinking skills that have distinct differences. Oh, and of course, there is the physical thinking skills of athletes. Verbal thinking is supposedly developed later and is internalized verbalization of a social process of communication that expands on the auditory processing. Those expand into a system of more symbolic processing that we see more highlighted in math skills. The two aren't exactly distinct. As I recall, the language and mathematical processing are side by side in the brain, overlap, and trade resources depending on demand. I find that symbolizing the visual information into written symbols formatted to highlight patterns and the use of prose, (Hey, explain it to me like I'm a four year old) helps me make connections where visual processing and memory become overwhelmed.

What about that some are emergent properties of other more fundamental processes? It is my understanding that when viewed from the workings of neurobiology, the categories that we recognize from a cognitive perspective is not how the brain is physically organized. The author also said that it it better, in practice, to think of it in terms of the emergent processes that we identify and being things like deduction or verbal thinking, than it does to get into the minutia of how all the brain is organized neurologically. Still, I can't help to consider that the fundamental nature of our senses and how that maps into the brain has a huge effect though, from there, it gets a bit fuzzy.

• Banned
Curiously, you left out abduction, which is different than the complexities of processing language and thinking verbally.
Not sure if this is really a type of mindset. The example that I looked at is a false syllogism: People are mortal, Socrates Mortal -> Socrates is a man. This is profanity.

• Banned
What about that some are emergent properties of other more fundamental processes? It is my understanding that when viewed from the workings of neurobiology, the categories that we recognize from a cognitive perspective is not how the brain is physically organized. The author also said that it it better, in practice, to think of it in terms of the emergent processes that we identify and being things like deduction or verbal thinking, than it does to get into the minutia of how all the brain is organized neurologically. Still, I can't help to consider that the fundamental nature of our senses and how that maps into the brain has a huge effect though, from there, it gets a bit fuzzy.
Here we are not talking about the biological organization of the brain, these are 2 models of thinking, 2 different abstract machines.

How the brain is physically organized is a matter of implementation, not concept. But it cannot be said that it does not matter for other tasks related to AI.

Highly Paid Professional Training Will Get the Best Minds and Motivate Them to Study

What kind of suppressed thinking would lead Americans to believe in getting a job by going four years without a job? That mindless and unmanly mandate is all college education means.

So it is a "Big Lie": something that can't be thought by an active mind but only by a passive mind through constant bombardment of academic propaganda from authoritarians, who are self-appointed authorities.

Last edited:

It's Inductive and deductive reasoning. Here is a basic concept of both: Inductive reasoning is a bottom-up approach, while deductive reasoning is top-down. Inductive reasoning takes you from the specific to the general, while in deductive reasoning, you make inferences by going from general premises to specific conclusions.

It's Inductive and deductive reasoning. Here is a basic concept of both: Inductive reasoning is a bottom-up approach, while deductive reasoning is top-down. Inductive reasoning takes you from the specific to the general, while in deductive reasoning, you make inferences by going from general premises to specific conclusions.
And?

I haven't seen anything in any responses showing one or the other. And, it isn't called induction reasoning. It's proper wordage is Inductive reasoning. And, Deductive reasoning. Deduction reasoning?
What a fuck are you talking about? Grammar mistakes in the text?

Forum List

Back