2 Studies: Marijuana raises risk of heart attack, heart failure and stroke by up to a THIRD

I hear what you're saying but we have much better science now and more efficient communication now than existed at the turn of the 20th Century.

Remember there used to be a constitutional amendment banning alcohol. And trust me, pretty much everybody knew tobacco and alcohol abuse was not good for us but pushed that knowledge aside because we wanted to use those products. The dangers inherent in alcohol abuse did not change when the Eighteenth Amendment was repealed by the Twenty First Amendment. It was just that banning alcohol was causing more problems than allowing it. It still remains one of the most tightly controlled substances legal for Americans to buy both at the federal and state levels. And one of the most abused.

Those who want to use cannabis now dismiss all the information and warnings put out by the health authorities and medical community and pretend that its safe or the dangers are small enough not to worry about. They strain at gnats trying to discredit the information and warnings about the potential and prevalent dangers in marijuana use.

Such people believed it should be legal when it was not. Such people point to the injustice of incarceration of those whose only crime was possessing it. Such people call the evidence of danger or those of us reporting it as lies/liars. They believe or even argue there is no downside or danger to anybody when they use it. They would not change their mind if all states again banned the stuff.

For sure there were problems when it was illegal everywhere and it could become as bad as it got when the feds actively tried to enforce prohibition. I think that is what keeps the federal government just ignoring and not trying to attempt to enforce federal laws re marijuana. And even some of our favorite legislators don't want to touch that hot potato when they pick and choose what hills to stand and die on.
Pot smoke can cause immediate brain chemistry harm to others. That’s why its public use needs to be severely harnessed. But when creepy, greedy, sociopathic legislators have their way, public safety be damned.

Pot smoke can cause immediate brain chemistry harm to others. That’s why its public use needs to be severely harnessed. But when creepy, greedy, sociopathic legislators have their way, public safety be damned.
For sure there is a lot of opinion that second hand cannabis smoke, just like second hand tobacco smoke, can be harmful:

But pot advocates are promoting misinfo that pot is safe. They do not include any safety or health warnings on their labeling. They violate the Lady Bird Johnson Highway Beautification Act incessantly with pot billboards along interstates.
There is no accountability. As a result, increased use and thereby increased health risks are incurred by young people. DUI and traffic deaths increase while pot idiots spew their THC gas into public breathing air, putting everyone else at risk.
They do not include any safety or health warnings on their labeling.
i cant speak for the other states.....but here in Nevada they have warnings........

Dude....you wanna eat it, go for it. Too many advise against it as being unhealthy.
One thing I did notice when looking into the effects of all forms of weed on the body, was, all the sites promoting and selling it had noting but rave reviews for the medical benefits.

This is part of our debate as we speak.
my wife is an epileptic....none of the usual epileptic drugs were able to stop the tremor in her right hand....pot did that.....so yea i will rave about its medical benefits.....

my wife is an epileptic....none of the usual epileptic drugs were able to stop the tremor in her right hand....pot did that.....so yea i will rave about its medical benefits.....
If you're referring to RLS, friends wife has same problem. Worked for her, last I heard.
Still doesn't negate the reported dangerous side effects.

For sure there is a lot of opinion that second hand cannabis smoke, just like second hand tobacco smoke, can be harmful:

I always assumed it was just as bad as normal 2nd hand smoke.

Which is why more and more people are not smoking it these days

If you're referring to RLS, friends wife has same problem. Worked for her, last I heard.

what medication does not have dangerous side effects?

have you ever seen some of the side effects listed on some of those heavy duty epileptic drugs?..my wife has experienced some of them.....im pretty sure she will stick with the pot....

It’s not so much the physical effects of the smoke. It’s the immediate brain chemistry effect of the drug.
Like spiking someone’s drink with a drug. For some reason pot advocates are too stupid to realize they’re doing exactly just that by smoking their drug around others.

It's up to the person in that regard. Best to be very informed.
have you ever seen some of the side effects listed on some of those heavy duty epileptic drugs?..my wife has experienced some of them.....im pretty sure she will stick with the pot....
That's fine and her choice, it still doesn't negate the dangerous side effects.......most effected by these are the elderly.

It’s not so much the physical effects of the smoke. It’s the immediate brain chemistry effect of the drug.
Like spiking someone’s drink with a drug. For some reason pot advocates are too stupid to realize they’re doing exactly just that by smoking their drug around others.
You could be right. I just haven' read that in any of the materials I have read. I have read in very confined unventilated spaces people can get a high from second hand cannabis smoke.

It's up to the person in that regard. Best to be very informed.

That's fine and her choice, it still doesn't negate the dangerous side effects.......most effected by these are the elderly.
pot store i go to the people are my age or better.....and there are lots of them....

It is said there is some poison in all medicine, i.e. something that isn't good for us. But the 'poison' or negative side effects vary hugely from substance to substance. For instance there is so little risk it isn't even quantifiable taking a low dose aspirin every day while a full dose aspirin every day could be problematic for some.

Of course many who are medically suffering and feel substantially better taking cannabis (or any other medication that makes us feel better) hope the benefits outweigh the dangers. I would never suggest that cannabis prescribed and monitored by a doctor to relieve a patient's symptoms should be discontinued just because there are some risks.

My only real quarrel with anybody in this whole debate are those who argue that the risks don't exist or are are far lesser than what the informed know about cannabis. That a person's personal choice in the matter should be of no interest to any other.

Sugar used in moderation is not good for us but it is not provably harmful enough to make an issue of and can increase enjoyment of life.

At some level, sugar is necessary for life. It is the fuel on which our bodies run, and without it, we would die. In modern times, it is very easy to get more sugar than we need, more than is good for us. As a diabetic, I am very much aware of this.

But a complete absence of sugar would be more deadly than any excess thereof.

It is said there is some poison in all medicine, i.e. something that isn't good for us. But the 'poison' or negative side effects vary hugely from substance to substance. For instance there is so little risk it isn't even quantifiable taking a low dose aspirin every day while a full dose aspirin every day could be problematic for some.

Of course many who are medically suffering and feel substantially better taking cannabis (or any other medication that makes us feel better) hope the benefits outweigh the dangers. I would never suggest that cannabis prescribed and monitored by a doctor to relieve a patient's symptoms should be discontinued just because there are some risks.

My only real quarrel with anybody in this whole debate are those who argue that the risks don't exist or are are far lesser than what the informed know about cannabis. That a person's personal choice in the matter should be of no interest to any other.

Do you ever listen to the list of side effects for the drugs they are pushing on the TV? Holy cow!

At some level, sugar is necessary for life. It is the fuel on which our bodies run, and without it, we would die. In modern times, it is very easy to get more sugar than we need, more than is good for us. As a diabetic, I am very much aware of this.

But a complete absence of sugar would be more deadly than any excess thereof.

So, here is something I have been wondering, ever since the assignment I worked, as described below…

The smell of marijuana was very strong, everywhere on the property, especially inside the greenhouses where the plants were grown. I felt ill while I was on the property, and for a few days afterward.

Is it possible that I was being exposed to enough of the active ingredients in marijuana, just by being in such close proximity to so many plants, often in very poorly-ventilated conditions, for me to be mildly affected in a manner comparable to light intentional use of this drug? After my last day on this assignment, I had my wife obtain a home-drug-test for marijuana, which I took, and came up negative. So I didn't have enough of this shit in my system, by this time, to show up as a positive result on that test, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I didn't have enough of this shit in me to be adversely affecting me, does it?

Several weeks ago, I had a three-day work assignment at what turned out to be a marijuana farm. The agency that sent me there had no idea that was what it was, until I told them. It had a name that suggested some sort of legitimate, reputable scientific company.
·
·
·​
The stench on the entire site was awful, and I felt ill most of the time I was on the site, and for at least a few days afterward. It took me a good week or so after the assignment ended, to get the stench out of myself, out of my lungs, out of my clothes, out of my tools, out of my car, out of everything that I had taken to the site.

Forum List

Back