1945: A Democrat Awakening

I don't apologize for FDR, he did it all on his own. When nations were changing their governments to Fascism or revolting to remedy the depression effects, America under FDR changed little and when the smoke cleared we had survived, same government as before.

" we had survived, same government as before."

Not true.
OK OK, a better government than before. A government more inclined to meet the needs of its citizens as it ages., and America, will continue changing to meet the needs of its people, not enough for some and too much for others.

"a better government than before."

Hardly.

Instead of one based on laws....specifically the law of the land, the Constitution, it is now based on personality.
One of the changes that affected politics was radio and now TV, and with those changes personality became more important. FDR's speeches and chats were very important in reducing the fears of the American people at the time. After closing the banks, FDR went on radio and said banks are now safe to deposit money, Bank deposits went up the next day, all based on personality--and trust.

I don't apologize for FDR, he did it all on his own. When nations were changing their governments to Fascism or revolting to remedy the depression effects, America under FDR changed little and when the smoke cleared we had survived, same government as before.

Not true.
OK OK, a better government than before. A government more inclined to meet the needs of its citizens as it ages., and America, will continue changing to meet the needs of its people, not enough for some and too much for others.

Hardly.

Instead of one based on laws....specifically the law of the land, the Constitution, it is now based on personality.
One of the changes that affected politics was radio and now TV, and with those changes personality became more important. FDR's speeches and chats were very important in reducing the fears of the American people at the time. After closing the banks, FDR went on radio and said banks are now safe to deposit money, Bank deposits went up the next day, all based on personality--and trust.

Since this post, you latest bloviation, has nothing to do with the charge of obviating the Constitution, can we agree that you are unable to deny same.

I love it when you make yourself look like a fool.....

....saves me the trouble of doing it.

you are an expert at making yourself look like a fool.:haha:

there you go with your obsession over the democrats again.

you talk about how they never met a communist they did not like yet when confronted with these facts about Ikes love affair with stalin,you run away like the chickenshit coward you are.:haha:

Republicans never me a communist they did not like. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

waits for insults as your rebutall.:lmao:

Not true.

Hardly.

Since this post, you latest bloviation, has nothing to do with the charge of obviating the Constitution, can we agree that you are unable to deny same.
The charge of obviating the Constitution is part of politics, and may have begun with the ratification process, and be with us as long as their are politics. That may be why we have allowed the Court to make those decisions, not posters.

Forum List

Back