18 spectacularly wrong predictions made around the time of first Earth Day in 1970,

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
We lost any control of our government a few years before that with all of the legislation passed after JFK's assassination. We just did not know it. It effectively cemented our fate as the fiat currency in real terms started its downfall.

expect more this year

Except a lot of those things didn't happen because we DID take action to control pollution.

Hello.

Take emissions. back in the 1960 and early 70's, smog blanketing our cities was a common occurrence. I grew up in Chicago, and there were days the smog was so bad that you couldn't see the sun.

Except a lot of those things didn't happen because we DID take action to control pollution.

Hello.

Take emissions. back in the 1960 and early 70's, smog blanketing our cities was a common occurrence. I grew up in Chicago, and there were days the smog was so bad that you couldn't see the sun.
In Houston, we had to stop using the clothesline in the backyard because the clothing would smell bad. I grew up 2 miles north of Pasadena--a.k.a Stinkadena.

In Houston, we had to stop using the clothesline in the backyard because the clothing would smell bad. I grew up 2 miles north of Pasadena--a.k.a Stinkadena.

Which has ..........................what...............to do with the topic?

:laughing0301:

Hello.

The silent generation and Boomers did that, the Greatest Generation was trying to kill us all.

The difference was it was something anyone with two brain cells to rub together knew needed doing.

The generations since the 70s don't have any inkling of what it was like back then when the very water you drank and the air you breathed was suspect. We done good.

But the difference now is the hoax of "climate change" has been foisted upon us for no good reason other than for the wind/solar robber barons and others getting rich off of it.

Hello.

This discounts Republican predictions that the pollution does no real harm.
The atmosphere is really big, so are the oceans, what we dump is insignificant

The environmental restrictions we enacted worked and our air, rivers and oceans benefitted

This discounts Republican predictions that the pollution does no real harm.
The atmosphere is really big, so are the oceans, what we dump is insignificant

The environmental restrictions we enacted worked and our air, rivers and oceans benefitted
There is a difference between cleaning things us and making them antiseptic. Fossil fuels are needed. However, I am not against cleaning up the industry and diesel engines as an example. New refineries are restricted. Old ones can be reconditioned however they will not be as clean as new ones. The last refinery built was in 1976 and it was a small one.

In 1975 Washington Star ran a “thoroughly scientificay researched” article that stated by 2020 Coastal Highway in OC Md would be under 2 feet of water at every high tide.

So much of Save the Planet , it’s doomed, is really Punish The Productive.

Which has ..........................what...............to do with the topic?

Oh, that if the air was so polluted it made your clothes smell bad, it was probably doing a number on your lungs.

But the difference now is the hoax of "climate change" has been foisted upon us for no good reason other than for the wind/solar robber barons and others getting rich off of it.

Actually, it was more like they had their threats to address, and we have ours.

It's the right that never changes, oppossing every environmental policy because it will cost the rich money, and dumb people go along with it.

Oh, that if the air was so polluted it made your clothes smell bad, it was probably doing a number on your lungs.

Actually, it was more like they had their threats to address, and we have ours.

It's the right that never changes, oppossing every environmental policy because it will cost the rich money, and dumb people go along with it.
But I guess you are fine with the likes of the WEF slags and Al Gore getting rich off the "climate change" hoax.

Forum List

Back